Aeon Timeline 2 is the next generation of Visual Timeline Software, rewritten from the ground up to provide a fresh new User Experience.
It comes packed with features for creative writers, project management, case management, historians and student projects.
Whether you are in the opening stages of planning a novel, in the final stages of editing, or anywhere in between, Aeon Timeline has tools and features to help you understand your characters, avoid plot holes and inconsistencies, and visualise your story in new ways.
With Aeon Timeline 2, you can:
- Model not only the events of your story, but the backstory of each of your characters
- Capture relationships between events and your characters, locations, and story arcs
- Visually group events by character, location, or arc
- Calculate character ages for every event
- Create your own custom fantasy calendar if your story takes place off-world.
- Synchronise your timeline with your Scrivener project
FOR PROJECT MANAGERS:
A little like a Gantt chart but a lot more flexible, Aeon version 2 allows you to plan multiple projects and keep them up to date throughout their lifetime. We know that few plans can survive the first few weeks of activity, so we make editing and moving your plans intuitive and straightforward.
With Aeon Timeline 2, you can:
- Visually group events by project, employee, location, or resource
- Use dependencies to link events and maintain correct ordering
- With nested events, zoom in for detailed subtasks or zoom out for project overview
- Auto-calculate values such as a parent’s completion percentage or cost from child events
- Add your own custom fields that you wish to track for each event
Our pre-configured editable templates allow you to start a project for just about any reason.
Features for everyone include:
- Select from a range of pre-configured templates or create your own
- Add your own images, external links, notes and research to your events so that you have everything you need linked from a single location.
- Filter events by almost anything, so that you can narrow your focus when trying to identify and resolve specific conflicts
- Zoom to the time scale you wish to see: anything from billions of years to individual minutes and seconds.
- Add bookmarks within your timeline so that you can easily jump between key milestones.
- Choose from a number of timeline styles, including absolute dates, relative dates (Day 1, Day 2), and numeric timelines.
- Export your timeline to an interactive Web display, or to image and PDF formats
- Import CSV files to populate your timeline
You can view video screencasts of Aeon Timeline in action at http://www.aeontimeline.com/videos
For application support, visit http://www.aeontimeline.com/support or email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fixed issue where Scrivener list-style properties could not be selected for syncing with single-value roles
- Fixed issue where dragging column groups in Relationship View behaved incorrectly when some groups were hidden
- Fixed issue where relative links were not updating correctly
- Fixed issues in Sync Settings window when entity types or properties had slashes in their names
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Second iteration much more intuitive and useful
I used Aeon Timeline 1 (the first iteration of this software) for an earlier novel and found it helpful, but tiresome. The learning curve was intense, and I spent much of my time figuring out the software instead of focusing on the framework for my story. This second iteration is much more intuitive and actually fun to use. Best of all, it’s intuitive enough that I can now focus on constructing my story through it. The relationship view is genius, and spares you the agony of zooming all the time in timeline view. My current novel is highly timeline dependent, with countless flashbacks and story arcs that rely on careful plotting — this software allows me to experiment with ideas before committing them to my more detailed outline in Omnioutliner 5. It also helped that I could download the software from Aeon’s website and try it before committing $50. (P.S.: I’m not a shill of the developers — just someone who wants to help other writers discover a piece of software that might be useful to them.)
Best timeline app out there. I would love a way to link events and so on but I use colours to do that. I'm using it for both non-fiction and fiction and it's truely useful. Allows export that allows users to control the timeline as long as you have a site to place them on. It's great and when the next version is released I might not be able to afford it but I'm happy with 2.
Best Timeline & Chronology App
I'm a lawyer and have learned over 25 years of practice that creating and maintaining an accurate chronology of key events is a critical part of working up a case. Chronologies not only are powerful demonstratives, they provide also provide context.
Aeon 2 is a solid and stable application. You can import a spreadsheet with events and event descriptions, and overall it has good functionality and is relatively easy to customize to each case or project.
Since I use DropBox, I'm able to use the DropBox hyperlink in my Aeon Timeline to get an immediate display of the underlying document. This is really helpful, and I've used timelines in mediations and in trials to stay organized.
Good App, well worth the $$
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.