Aeon Timeline brings Visual Timeline Software to your phone or tablet. It is packed with features for creative writers, project management, case management, historians and student projects.
Use iCloud or Dropbox* to sync your timelines between all of your iOS devices and your Mac* or Windows* computers, so that you have your project at the tip of your fingers wherever you like to work.
* Note: Desktop (Mac/Windows) use requires a separate license purchase. Dropbox support requires iOS 11 or later.
Whether you are in the opening stages of planning a novel, in the final stages of editing, or anywhere in between, Aeon Timeline has tools and features to help you understand your characters, avoid plot holes and inconsistencies, and visualise your story in new ways.
With Aeon Timeline 2, you can:
- Model not only the events of your story, but the backstory of each of your characters
- Capture relationships between events and your characters, locations, and story arcs
- Visually group events by character, location, or arc
- Calculate character ages for every event
- Create your own custom fantasy calendar if your story takes place off-world.
FOR PROJECT MANAGERS:
A little like a Gantt chart but a lot more flexible, Aeon version 2 allows you to plan multiple projects and keep them up to date throughout their lifetime. We know that few plans can survive the first few weeks of activity, so we make editing and moving your plans intuitive and straightforward.
With Aeon Timeline 2, you can:
- Visually group events by project, employee, location, or resource
- Use dependencies to link events and maintain correct ordering
- With nested events, zoom in for detailed subtasks or zoom out for project overview
- Auto-calculate values such as a parent’s completion percentage or cost from child events
- Add your own custom fields that you wish to track for each event
Our pre-configured editable templates allow you to start a project for just about any reason.
Features for everyone include:
- Select from a range of pre-configured templates or create your own
- Add your own images, external links, notes and research to your events so that you have everything you need linked from a single location.
- Filter events by almost anything, so that you can narrow your focus when trying to identify and resolve specific conflicts
- Zoom to the time scale you wish to see: anything from billions of years to individual minutes and seconds.
- Add bookmarks within your timeline so that you can easily jump between key milestones.
- Choose from a number of timeline styles, including absolute dates, relative dates (Day 1, Day 2), and numeric timelines.
Version 1.0.3 provides the following changes:
- Fixed iPhone X display issues
- Fixed bug where changing time in Date Picker may also alter date
- Fixed bug that allowed users to alter direction of final era
- Fixed issues where some date text may appear cutoff
- Fixed stability issue when deleting tags
- Added validation to prevent creating a calendar with 0 hours in a day
- Small additions to available color palette
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really want to like it
Like I said above, I really want to like this app. Primarily my issues involve how frustrating it can be to create a simple sequential list of events. Especially when viewing a list of events, I want to be able to drag and reorder the list. I also want to drag/drop an event to nest it beneath a parent, and likewise easily easily create a sequential link between events. Every other outlining application has functionality like this, but until Aeon does I don’t see how I can justify the horrendous amount of time it takes on iOS to create a simple list of consecutive events.
(oh, and the tap-points on iPhone XR are off-set, making it bothersome to try and tap a button 3-8 times before I can trigger the button)
Ipad Scrivener Writers BEWARE!
After downloading this, the most expensive app I have ever purchased, I spent a day trying to figure out how to sync it to Scrivener. It looks beautiful! What a great compliment to Scrivener! But I couldn’t figure out how to connect them.
Finally, buried in the developer website I found out the problem. The ios version does not sync with Scrivener. It just doesn’t. Funny how that isn’t mentioned in the app store...
I immediately began a return, thinking I would need to buy the (also massively expensive) desktop version instead. But guess what —- my purchase is not returnable! No reason given, just that it does not meet the criteria. I bought it less than two days ago and it is not compatible with my other software (even though the desktop version is). What’s the hangup?
So, there’s no way I am going to spent yet another fifty bucks on top of the twenty I’ve already thrown away on this app.
If you use Scrivener on your ipad, not your desktop, then save yourself the cash and the frustrating internet search. This is not going to work for you.
Developer Response ,
Sorry that you had such a bad experience with the application.
Unfortunately there are technical limitations which prevent us from implementing syncing with Scrivener on the iOS version of the application, as much as we would like to.
We don't have control over refunds from purchases through the App Store, that is done through Apple, so I'm not sure why you were denied, you might have to contact them to dispute that.
Great iOS version!
Bravo on the translation of this excellent app to the small screen! My primary use case is with Scrivener, so I’ll address my review to that:
If you’re a user of both Scrivener and Aeon Timeline on the desktop you’ll be delighted to hear that you will now have access to your Aeon-synced metadata (Scrivener keywords!) as well as your specialised timeline data. I’m able to edit this data while out and about with my iPhone, and sync changes when I'm back at my desktop computer.
Sadly, Scrivener for iOS and Aeon Timeline for iOS can't communicate directly. But within iOS, Aeon Timeline is still a great writing adjunct.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.