This app has been developed to facilitate data collection during aerial surveys of marine megafauna. It allows you to enter sighting details in real time and automatically captures the GPS location for each sighting using the GPS capability of your iPad (note: iPads must have GPS capabilities or will require an external GPS device).
• Flight setup (e.g. airport name, weather conditions, take-off time)
• Transect setup (e.g. transect number and direction)
• Conditions entry (e.g. sea state, visibility and glare) with automated reminder to enter conditions every 2 minutes
• Animal sighting entry (e.g. dugongs, dolphins, turtles, sharks, whales, rays and sea snakes) with specific information for each sighting, such as number of animals, position in transect and observer making the observation.
• Separate entry option for herds
• End of flight entry (e.g. airport name, height and altimeter reading).
The data are stored on the iPad as a .csv file and can easily be transferred to your computer using iTunes.
Updated for 64 bit compatibility
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jayant Varma
- 34.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015, Helene Marsh
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.