Be prepared for ever-changing weather with Aeris Pulse, and never be surprised by the weather again! From severe storms to heavy snowfall, Aeris Pulse personalizes weather threats like never before.
We’d love to hear what you think about Aeris Pulse! Please rate and review us in the App Store, and if you have any issues or suggestions, contact us at http://www.aerisweather.com/support/kb/aeris-pulse/ or let us know about a bug by submitting a ticket at http://www.aerisweather.com/support/.
APPROACHING WEATHER THREATS
Using your current GPS location, Aeris Pulse highlights where the weather threats are relative to you. Aeris Pulse informs you to a variety of threats, whether it’s a severe thunderstorm with large hail and lightning or a winter storm with ice and heavy snow.
Receive push notifications and in-app alerts when hazardous or severe weather approaches your current location, from heavy precipitation to severe storms, lightning, hail and tornadoes. You can also receive notifications for National Weather Service (NWS) alerts as soon as they are issued for your current location. You can also customize your notification criteria to offer fine control over the alerts that matter most to you.
Pulse offers a customizable weather map with several different weather data layers so you can always view the data you care about the most. Plus, your active layers are saved between sessions, so you'll always see the weather data you're interested in most.
- Approaching weather threats per location*
- Real-time push notifications alerting your of weather threats and warnings affecting your current location
- Customize your notification criteria to control which alerts you wish to receive
- Complete interactive weather map and weather data layers, including radar, storm reports, storm cells, future precipitation and many more
- Fully animated weather map layers supporting past and future weather data that can be adjusted for your needs**
- Current conditions, 7-day forecast, hourly outlook, sunrise/sunset
- Save and reorder all of your favorite locations
- Notification Center widgets for local weather conditions, approaching weather threats and radar*
- Fully powered by our Aeris Weather API and Aeris Maps Platform (AMP)
* Threats and radar are currently available for US locations only
** Future data layers are available with an active Forecast Models subscription
- Swipe up to view your hourly and 7-day forecast
- Swipe down to view your saved locations and add more locations
- Pinch inward to manually reload weather data
- Tap on the circular map or pinch outward to load the interactive map
- Tap on an hourly temp point to view hourly forecast details
- Tap on a forecast row day to view forecast details for that day
Forecast Models - An optional auto-renewing subscription for $1.99/month ($11.99/year) that gives you access to all of our forecast model weather map layers, such as future radar, future temperatures, future accumulated precipitation/snowfall and much more.
Lightning - An optional auto-renewing subscription for $9.99/year that provides you with real-time lightning alert notifications and data in and around your current location.
Road Conditions - An optional auto-renewing subscription for $1.99/month ($11.99/year) that gives you access to our past and forecast road conditions map layers, depicting travel hazards from wet, icy or snow-covered roadways.
Once purchased, all optional subscriptions it will charged to your iTunes account and will be auto-renewed within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the same price you originally paid. Manage or disable your subscriptions via your iTunes Account Settings after purchasing. Once purchased, the subscription cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
- Fixed issue where map layer options weren't remaining deselected in some cases
- Added Siri shortcuts for checking local weather and radar using Siri. You can add these under Settings > Siri & Search > Suggested Shortcuts on your iOS device.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
A very good weather app
I just ran across this app about a month ago and just can't seem to let it go. The alerts have been good and the weather is as accurate, or more, than the others I've used. I've got a hazardous weather alert active right now that other apps I have don't even mention! I am going to read up more on Aeris. They do have a good weather app!!
Update: I like it very much, as I have already mentioned. I still have the app and like I said. Just can’t seem to let it go!
Developer Response ,
Good to hear you're really enjoying the app, and thanks for the review!
Excellent and Reliable ... why so overlooked?
This is really a fine iPhone weather app. Aeris displays a great deal of information in a small space. The landing screen includes text of current conditions or outlook, as well as graphic markers for alerts and in-bound threatening weather. Swipe up, and Aeris displays detail for today and five days ahead. Tap a day and drill in. This is what I like about Aeris: good detail, logically arranged, and no space-filling graphic animations “showing” what I probably already know. Yes, that it’s raining outside. Doh.
Beyond that, their forecasts are at least as good as all the other players. I’ve experienced them as slightly better than the Wunder-focused products, and about the same as DarkSky. YMMV, some of this may just be about location and data availability. On the down side, radar can be a little slow in loading and some of the features like “future radar” will cost you. I’ve paid the price because I like the feature and find value for the price.
I’ve tried the rest and they all have a place. Sometimes I use them for a month or so. DarkSky gets a run every once and a while. But I keep coming back to Aeris. It’s worth your time.
Reliable Weather, Cool Design
I find the app is surprisingly accurate for my area and has become my go-to weather app, replacing Dark Sky. The interface is pretty slick and maybe takes a little getting used to but I prefer it now to other apps. The widget is great and notifications work well. I hope they add a full watch app. It’s well worth the price for me.
Would be 5-stars except for one minor and personal style issue. I frequently check the weather in a dark or very low-light setting (every morning, in fact) and when launched the app flashes a bright white screen. I’ve taken to pointing the screen away every time I launch it just to avoid the flash. Like I said, minor and just a personal thing. Still a great weather app.
- Whether or Knot LLC
- 33.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 AerisWeather
- In-App Purchases
- Expanded Maps - 1 Month $1.99
- Lightning $9.99
- Map Expansion - 1 Month $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.