The AeroTrainerPlus App includes several training drills in one App. The drills were designed to improve and maintain the level of aerobic and anaerobic fitness by allowing the user to train in a workout in two or more of the primary training zones. Advanced and experienced athletes can customize any of the standard runs.
Fartlek, which means "speed play" in Swedish, is a form of interval training in which you use the body's energy systems alternating intensities and time durations during the workout.. This puts the body’s energy systems under a acyclic stress, better mimicking sports specific energy demands. With the Fartlek Drill you can train in several modes making each run different.
Visit our Fartlek Drill App for a more detailed description of the Fartlek Drill features.
The Pulse Drill is an interval training drill, designed to train during a workout in two of the primary training zones. In this drill, the interval periods for each zone are kept constant throughout the drill. There is also a random mode that varies within a small range the time periods. This is ideal for team sports where typically the intensities vary at random.
The Pyramid Drill is an interval training drill, like an inverted pyramid, where the fast pace interval time increases at each new stage up to a maximum duration and then decreases down to the starting duration. In this drill, the interval periods for the slow pace are either kept constant or varied equally to the fast pace interval.
The Tempo Run Drill is designed to train in zone 2 (marathon pace) of the primary training zones. The workout starts with a jog at marathon pace, which is then followed by a recovery easy jog, continued by a second hard jog. It can also be used for training over distance (long runs) at an easy pace (training zone 1).
The Repetition Sprints Drill is designed to develop absolute speed. It is a workout where several reps of sprints are made with maximum recovery in between sprints.
The App includes a "Quick Setup" to facilitate selection of run parameters based on the user's fitness or difficulty level.
Using the In-App Upgrades you can upgrade the App to include the Training Zones Module. This module allows you to configure a time distribution scheme and save it as a sport, which can be used it in any run as you use the default sports.
• Several standard drill versions
• Quick drill setup
• Five standard training levels to distribute the total drill time
• Use the Detailed Setup to customize most drill parameters
• Save your customized drills
• Help available for user input parameters
• Running distance when GPS is available. "Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life"
• Saves data of multiple users
• Supports portrait and landscape screen orientation on the "Run Screen"
• Lock the screen orientation before running
• Listen & control music or audio books while running
• Detailed drill information with table of contents
• Male or female voice guidance
• Several types of announcements
• Export the user data by e-mail, in sqlite3 and CSV formats
• Select metric or US units
• Utilities to reporting problem
For more information about training concepts and other useful information, visit the pages in our "Support" section of our Website.
• Redesigned the home screen and general App's appearance
• The training intensity descriptions were changed to better reflect the different levels of intensity in a run
• You can tag your favorite run in the "Details" screen, to access this run quickly
• The App saves your last run settings, so you can later repeat that run. All the parameters are saved, thus even a random type run (like most of the Fartlek runs and Random Pulse) will save the run times for each stage
• Added a start pop out window to quickly select your favorite or last run. This window can be enabled/disabled in the App's "Settings"
• The random options of the Pulse Drill are now standard
• Now the Radar App functions are standard in the AeroTrainer App
• Made improvements to the Aero Radar functions
• You can upgrade the Aero Radar functions with the "Training Zones Upgrade", which enables to setup training time distribution for any given sport
• Added a Menu option to access other App features
• iCloud in no longer needed to backup your run data. The data is backed-up along with your device's backups
• Optimized for IOS 11.0
• Other minor fixes and enhancements
- gluonBoson Applications, LLC
- 16.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011, 2019 gluonBosonApplications, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Training Zones $0.99
- AeroRadar App Features
- AeroRadar App Features $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.