*** Please Check System Requirements prior to Purchasing ***
*** It is strongly recommended to use this software with a dedicated joystick or R/C controller with a least 4 independent axes ***
Learn to fly radio controlled (R/C) models with aerofly RC 8. When it comes to learning and improving R/C flying skills, aerofly RC 8 is the number one choice for R/C pilots. Our state of the art physics simulation gives you a stunning level of realism. Together with our superb model details and awesome scenery quality you will feel as if standing on a real flying field.
You may choose from a wide variety of models, like aerobatic airplanes, helicopters, jets, gliders, scale models and quadrocopters.
After practicing on aerofly RC 8, you’ll fly confidently and instinctively at the field.
Many features and game-like competitions will test your piloting abilities that put real fun into your virtual flying!
• Choose from over 240 models and 54 different flying fields
• 8 4D flying sceneries with adjustable conditions and suitable for follow mode flying
• 46 high resolution photo sceneries with super crisp Retina Display support
• Super realistic surface and water reflections
• Scale your model up to two times bigger or smaller
• Special radar window for improved orientation
• Highly detailed aircraft with state of the art physics simulation
• Stunning dynamics simulation for a realistic flight feeling
• Set wind and time of day for challenging training conditions
• Different model types: Quadrocopters, electric and gas powered airplanes, helicopters, gliders, jets, and scale models
• Fly with friends all over the world in Multiplayer Mode.
• Suitable for many R/C transmitters and joysticks
• StickMover support
Flying the R/C models:
All models can be flown using the mouse and keyboard only. For the best experience, we strongly recommend to use a joystick or dedicated R/C controller with 4 axes.
Supported graphic cards:
• aerofly RC 8 is fully optimized for discrete graphic cards from AMD and NVIDIA
• Integrated graphic cards are also fully supported, but some of the more complex 4D sceneries are not suitable
• macOS 10.14.2 Mojave (or higher) recommended
• macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra
• macOS 10.12.6 Sierra
• iMac: iMacs with AMD-GPUs since end of 2011
• Mac Book Pro: all versions since 2013
• Mac Book Air: all versions since 2013
• Mac Mini: all versions since 2014
• Mac Book Retina: all versions since 2015
• eGPU: alle official eGPU-modules based on AMD-GPUs
• Some of the more complex 4D-sceneries require a dedicated AMD or NVIDIA GPU
- Larger font size on Retina displays
- Bug fix when rendering photo sceneries
Ratings and Reviews
Terrific Fun. Still Some Bugs.
I just bought this yesterday and am getting "settled in”. It is still a fun RC Simulator after all these years and changes. I cannot get it work perfectly with my old Ikarus Game Commander(I cannot get the throttle to idle without the planes taking off unless on grass) and have not yet tried it with my newer Ikarus interface and an actual transmitter.
I have found that it works perfectly with my big screen TV. No flickers or other issues.
There is one bug I have found so far - I cannot get English units to show up.
Very promising - great performance and display - a few questions still
I have been a RF user since 1997 - it has served me well but is dated. I purchased Aerofly RC 8 as I have all Macs (except for my old RF PC). Wow, what a difference! I don't understand comments about large screens - I have Mojave on a Mac Mini with a huge letterbox monitor and an iMac Pro 27". Both work flawlessly with no glitching even on max res.
I temper my enthusiasm with a few issues understanding how to get the best from it. The RF Interlink and my Taranis connected straight away but only the two sticks function for me now. I am struggling as to find how to get other channels from my radios recognized by RC 8. I'm sure it is possible but I don't know where to look.
It seems kind of like a Beta release right now! I am however, SO pleased to have a decent Mac RC sim at last.
You can not connect to larger screen as Monitor or TV!
I bought this simulator today off the app store, everything is good so far but there is a big bug! Everything is great if you don’t want to connect to larger screen TV as Monitor! I can not understand why, I tried to connect my Mac Book Pro Retina through HDMI cabel to my Sony 65” smart TV as I always do to play games or any other simulator, guess what, with this one you can not! everytime I connect the cable a start the flight I get error! can any body help?
Developer Response ,
Hello, could you please get in contact with our support at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can better help you?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.