NOTE: this a is menu bar app. Once you open the app an AeroWeather icon will appear in the menu bar (as shown on screenshots).
Now also available for your Mac - a simple and clean version of AeroWeather.
Shows METAR and TAF with accurate data in the well known AeroWeather layout from iPhone and iPad.
- Menu bar application for quick access (Menulet)
- Support for dark mode
- Customizable menu bar (airport with flightrule, temperature, or wind)
- Menu bar display optionally rotates through list
- Today Widget (shows also airport which is marked as favorite)
- Sortable list (by user-defined, name, ICAO, IATA, country) of airports in well known AeroWeather layout (with raw or decoded METAR)
- Detail view with METAR, TAF (raw or decoded) and station information
- Read out of METAR similar to ATIS by swiping a station in list to the right (English voice only)
- Calculates presssure altitude, density altitude, and windchill or heatindex
- AWOS data for US airports (where available) with phone support (either via Skype or connected iPhone)
- Customizable formats and units
- Sharing of METAR/TAF via E-Mail, Twitter, Messages etc.
- Printing of station detail
- Import/export of user data from/to AeroWeather for iOS
- Available in Chinese (Simplified), Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish, Swedish
AeroWeather uses weather data from freely available sources like US NOAA, which cannot be guaranteed. The cost for AeroWeather is for development of the app and not to pay for any weather data.
- Minor internal improvements
- Updated station database (2020-06-22)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great customer service
Setup and use of some features is not always intuitively obvious but an email or feedback has always brought a response within 24 hours. The new Alerts feature has already proved its worth.
Great aviation tool
The version I'm using (1.5.2) works great. Being able to automatically cycle through your stations in the menu bar is fantastic for deciding on whether to take that cross-country flight or not. Overall, it is a good blend of handy and non-intrusive.
Latest update is huge improvement
Latest release is much better. You now have the ability to manually order stations within the list which was really needed. Still wish it ran in a window I could move around rather than the menu bar but it is at least usable now. Thanks for the update.
- Lakehorn AG
- 15.8 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2020 Lakehorn AG
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.