** Affinity Designer supports iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 & 3, iPad Mini 5 and iPad (early 2017 onwards). Please note that older iPads are not supported. **
Built with input from some of the world’s leading designers and based on Apple Design award-winning technology, Affinity Designer for iPad takes all the power and precision of our outstanding professional graphic design desktop app and converts it into a stunning immersive experience. It has everything you need to create stunning illustrations, branding, icons, UI/UX designs, print projects, typography, concept art and much more – all completely free from the confines of your desk!
Optimised for iPad
• Metal-accelerated to achieve blazing-fast performance
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt and angle, Affinity Designer harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil
• Full iCloud drive integration allows for seamless file management, storage and sharing
• Pan and zoom at 120fps
• Live gradients, transforms, effects and adjustments
• Optimised for documents of any complexity, zoom to over 1,000,000% for absolute precision
• Live pixel and retina view of vector artwork, wireframe view, split screen mode
• Seamless switching between tools and editing modes for frustration-free design
• Incredibly accurate results with minimal nodes
Precise vector tools
• Rock solid vector tools that work just the way you want them to
• The best pen tool, node tool, curve editing and smart shape tools available
• Pencil and brush stabilisation for drawing super-smooth curves freehand
• Non-destructive Boolean operations
• Live effects, blend modes and image adjustments
• Incredibly smooth gradient and transparency controls
Raster or vector, you decide
• With a single tap switch between vector and raster workspaces
• Use the strengths of vector and raster behaviours for the best of both worlds
• High quality raster tools for texturing, masking and finishing artwork – you can even create your own brushes
• True creative freedom not found in other apps
• Flexible text handling including comprehensive support for OpenType
• Artistic text and text frames
• Full control over character and paragraph styles
• Flow text along any drawn path
Built for your workflow
• Unlimited artboards
• Saveable history with alternate futures
• Customisable shortcuts using keyboard attachment
• PSD, AI, PDF, EPS, SVG, JPG, TIFF and EXR file support
• Advanced grids, snapping and alignment
• Linked symbols and constraints
• Save documents as template files to re-use time and time again
• Quickly access royalty free images through the Stock panel
Perfect colour and output
• Professional CMYK, LAB, RGB, PANTONE© and Grayscale colour models
• Full 16-bit per channel editing
• End-to-end ICC colour management
• Slice export for exporting multiple elements in a single click
• Live pixel preview to see exactly how your design will export
• Template support – save documents as template files to re-use time and time again, share templates across all apps and even access files on multiple devices through cloud storage
• Customisable keyboard shortcuts – you can now create your own shortcuts using a keyboard attachment for iPad
• Boolean operation improvements – add, subtract and combine shapes to create custom designs better than ever before
• Updated PANTONE© library – work with a seemingly endless range of colours, including updated PANTONE© Color Bridge and PANTONE© Formula Guide solid palettes (coated and uncoated)
• Massive expand stroke improvements –get incredibly accurate results with far fewer nodes than before
• New Stock panel – quickly access royalty free images through the app’s brand-new Stock panel
• Many other improvements and fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
From the makers of Affinity Photo comes this pro-grade graphic-design tool, reinvented for iPad. Whether it’s your job to create the artwork for blockbuster movie posters or you’re considering a side gig making greeting cards, Affinity Designer is a one-stop shop for creative work.
Love this app Affinity Designer
I have been a professional photographer for about 48 years (now retired) and the last 10 years working in graphic arts with Adobe Illustrator. My subscription for with Adobe after calculating has cost me hundreds of dollars. Happy to say, my last payment is July 2019. I have already purchased the Affinity Designer app for my iPad Pro and love it. I will be purchasing Affinity Photo to replace my Photoshop computer program.
One slight weak point that would be sooooo fantastic if you guys worked on, would be to improve the export vector files that was compatible with AI so a smooth transition for clients and in my case, stock agencies that I still submit photos and vector art and design. I’m not sure what file is best to export, but tutorials I’ve seen have proven there’s not file to file export that will work smoothly with anyone using AI. Please see if this can be considered as an upgrade, but otherwise THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!
This app makes the iPad Pro the premiere platform for digital illustrators and artists that it was always meant to be. Affinity Designer is a first-rate vector drawing program, comparable to Adobe Illustrator, but carefully designed for a screen-only experience. When combined with Savage’s Procreate (for digital painting) and Serif’s own Affinity Photo (for photo editing), Designer makes the iPad Pro a high-powered studio tool, capable of creating the type of artwork previously only possible on a high-end Mac — but now that artwork can be done in a natural, direct way with a drawing tool that feels like a drawing tool.
The depth of this software is really amazing. Out of the box, it allows you to use multiple art boards, layer styles, raster painting (better than Illustrator’s, by a long shot), first-rate text tools, plus a host of other powerful abilities all enhanced by incredible speed and what seems to be infinite or near-infinite zoom.
Granted, this is 1.0 software, and I’ll be lying if I said it was perfect. Too many useful tools are hidden behind flyout menus. Zoom to fit, and zoom to 100% definitely need easier access (can I suggest imitating Procreate‘s pinch-to-fit function?), and while it’s great that you can import fonts, you need to be able to batch import take advantage of the function. Still, this app feels like it’s taken my iPad Pro from 0 to 100 instantly. This is going to change my workflow forever.
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 1.6 GB
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Serif (Europe) Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.