Spring Sale – 50% Off.
** Affinity Designer supports iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, 3 & 4, iPad Mini 5 and iPad (early 2017 onwards). Please note that older iPads are not supported. **
Built with input from some of the world’s leading designers and based on Apple Design award-winning technology, Affinity Designer for iPad takes all the power and precision of our outstanding professional graphic design desktop app and converts it into an incredible immersive experience. It has everything you need to create stunning illustrations, branding, icons, UI/UX designs, print projects, typography, concept art and much more – all completely free from the confines of your desk.
Optimised for iPad
• Metal-accelerated to achieve blazing-fast performance
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt and angle, Affinity Designer harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil
• Full iCloud drive integration allows for seamless file management, storage and sharing
• External display support with separate configuration options
• Pan and zoom at 120fps
• Live gradients, transforms, effects and adjustments
• Optimised for documents of any complexity, zoom to over 1,000,000% for absolute precision
• Live pixel and retina view of vector artwork, wireframe view and split screen mode
• Seamless switching between tools and editing modes for frustration-free design
• Incredibly accurate results with minimal nodes
Precise vector tools
• Rock solid vector tools that work just the way you want them to
• The best pen tool, node tool, curve editing and smart shape tools available
• Powerful contour tool to create abstract objects or increase the width of single open curves
• Pencil and brush stabilisation for drawing super-smooth curves freehand
• Non-destructive Boolean operations
• Live effects, blend modes and image adjustments
• Incredibly smooth gradient and transparency controls
Raster or vector, you decide
• Switch between vector and raster workspaces with a single tap
• Use the strengths of vector and raster behaviours for the best of both worlds
• High quality raster tools for texturing, masking and finishing artwork – you can even create your own brushes
• True creative freedom not found in other apps
• Flexible text handling including comprehensive support for OpenType
• Artistic text and text frames
• Full control over character and paragraph styles
• Flow text along any drawn path
Built for your workflow
• Unlimited artboards
• Saveable history with alternate futures
• Customisable shortcuts using keyboard attachment
• PSD, AI, PDF, EPS, SVG, JPG, TIFF and EXR file support
• Advanced grids, snapping and alignment
• Linked symbols and constraints
• Save documents as template files to re-use time and time again
• Quickly access royalty free images through the Stock panel
• Select Same and Select Object functions allow you to efficiently match attributes or select all objects of a certain type for easy editing
Perfect colour and output
• Professional CMYK, LAB, RGB, PANTONE© and Greyscale colour models
• Full 16-bit per channel editing
• End-to-end ICC colour management
• Slice export for exporting multiple elements in a single tap
• Live pixel preview to see exactly how your design will export
Various stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
From the makers of Affinity Photo comes this pro-grade graphic-design tool, reinvented for iPad. Whether it’s your job to create the artwork for blockbuster movie posters or you’re considering a side gig making greeting cards, Affinity Designer is a one-stop shop for creative work.
What’s going on at affinity
When adobe dropped the ball HEAVY, Affinity picked up the pieces, something serious; helping real creatives to bypass greed and maintain ownership of our creativity. Lately though, things are crazy / buggy. If I use the xy to scale things over, or up and down it is off, or it will be off for one thing I’m moving and spot on for another. This makes 0 sense. I have to close the program and go back into the file, mess around with numbers etc. before it is able to take an object to the correct spot.
Also when turning something to curves, like letters, it seems there are two parts now. I used to be able to break an anchor, to a letter, lets say, and as I deleted the anchors, the two parts of the letter, would be truly disconnected. Now the letter stays connected, regardless of breaking it; how I have no idea. Workflow is seriously impeded. What is going on?
AWESOME All Around!
I’ve worked in graphic design, website design, and photography over the years, and now I’m working in the Landscape Architecture field as well, and for a while, I was wondering what app was out there that was able to a) allow me the ability to hand-draw with no problems, as well as b) draw vector lines for detail purposes....
Out of all of them, Affinity Designer on the iPad has proven itself to be a workhorse. I have put it through the fire, doing some annotated Concept Drawings on the iPad, and it worked with no problems whatsoever. I especially like the fact that the controls were quite similar to the Desktop version, which made it easy for me to navigate between the Personas. I’m now seeing that this app truly shines when you use the Pixel Persona on the iPad, and then use the Vector Persona on the Mac, as you then can take full advantage of the app’s capabilities. All files are native Affinity files that can be seen not just on the Mac, but also on the iPad. The key, though, is to make sure that you work on one platform at a time to ensure your work carries over between platforms.
Aside from that, this app has performed very well, with no issues thus far, and with no crashes. Kudos to the makers of Affinity Designer for doing a great job of creating an app that just works, and performs very well, especially with the Apple Pencil!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 1.5 GB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 11.1 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.