** Black Friday Sale – 30% off **
** Apple Design Award Winner **
Affinity Designer is the fastest, smoothest, most precise vector graphic design software available. Built from the ground up over a five-year period, every feature, tool, panel and function has been developed with the needs of creative professionals at its core. With continuous innovation and development, the result is a ground-breaking application that will revolutionise how you work.
• Pan and zoom at 120fps
• Live gradients, transforms, effects and adjustments
• Optimised for documents of any complexity, zoom to over 1,000,000% for absolute precision
• Live pixel, retina and wireframe view of vector artwork in and out of split screen mode
• Seamless switching between tools and editing modes for frustration-free design
• Incredibly accurate results with minimal nodes
Precise vector tools
• Rock solid vector tools that work just the way you want them to
• The best pen tool, node tool, curve editing and smart shape tools available
• Powerful contour tool to create abstract objects or increase the width of single open curves
• Pencil and brush stabilisation for drawing super-smooth curves freehand
• Non-destructive Boolean operations
• Live effects, blend modes and image adjustments
• Incredibly smooth gradient and transparency controls
Raster or vector, you decide
• Switch between vector and raster workspaces with a single click
• Use the strengths of vector and raster behaviours for the best of both worlds
• High quality raster tools for texturing, masking and finishing artwork – you can even create your own brushes
• True creative freedom not found in other apps
• Flexible text handling including comprehensive support for OpenType
• Artistic text and text frames
• Full control over character and paragraph styles
• Flow text along any drawn path
Built for your workflow
• Unlimited artboards
• Saveable history with alternate futures
• Customisable keyboard shortcuts
• PSD, AI, PDF, EPS, SVG, JPG, TIFF and EXR file support
• Advanced grids, snapping and alignment
• Linked symbols and constraints
• Save documents as template files to re-use time and time again
• Customise saveable presets, including studio presets for the UI layout
• Quickly access royalty free images through the Stock panel
• Select Same and Select Object functions allow you to efficiently match attributes or select all objects of a certain type for easy editing
• Linked images and resource manager
• PDF passthrough
• Package your document alongside all used image and font resources into a single folder
Perfect colour and output
• Professional CMYK, LAB, RGB, PANTONE© and Greyscale colour models
• Full 16-bit per channel editing
• End-to-end ICC colour management
• Slice export for exporting multiple elements in a single click
• Live pixel preview to see exactly how your design will export
Built for Mac
• Fully compatible with macOS Big Sur
• Optimised for Apple’s M1 chips as well as 64-bit and multi-core processors
• Takes full advantage of the latest macOS technologies including Metal compute, OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics
• Full support for MacBook Pro's Touch Bar and Force Touch trackpad
• Supports regular, retina and multi-monitor set ups
• External eGPU support for Intel Macs (M1 Macs get code specifically written to leverage the power of Apple’s SoC solution)
• Modern, unified toolbar for more usable document space
• Fully optimized for macOS Monterey
• Additional optimizations for new M1 Pro and M1 Max MacBook Pro with ProMotion display
• Various stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Long time Adobe Ilustrator & Corel Draw User, but worth the switch
I’ve been using Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator for years for graphic design and in the sign business. When Corel in it’s infinte wisdom decided to dump support for the MacOS by telling customers to switch to Windows to upgrade, I in turn dumped Corel and focused exclusively on Adobe products. However after Adobe abandon their CSx version license model in favor of an overpriced “Cash Grab“ CC Subscription model, I was forced to limp along with previous versions of Adobe Creative Suite with little to no support from Adobe. After much frustration I decided to try Affinity Designer as the cost the of the program was roughly two months of subscription fees from Adobe. I must say after using the product for a few weeks I am very impressed with what it can do. The hardest part is unlearning to do things the archaic Adobe way. Once you get past that and learn this program, you’ll see it’s much more intutive to a modern OS and you find yourself asking why you didn’t do this sooner.
Thus far the only thing I haven’t been able to do (but I assume there is a way in the program to it) is autotrace a JPG or other drawing format to create a rough vector drawing (aka digitizing). That in itself if the only thing I’ve seen I still need to load my older Adobe programs for, but again this program is great. My next step is to download and attempt to dump Adobe Photoshop in favor of Affinity Photo.
Affinity Designer does the job for me
I have been using Adobe software since the early 1990s. Thus far, the Affinity suite pretty much replicates what I was using Adobe software for. I primarily use either for book cover design and similar tasks. Affinity Designer has almost all the features that I expect. Affinity Designer has the usual facilities for supporting layers, embedded fonts, graphics, photograph inclusion, and drawing. It also exports to a variety of formats. Although the printer specifies Illustrator, they have had no problems with PDFs generated by Affinity Designer instead. Affinity Design has a handy file export feature which facilitates this. Fonts are subsetted and included in PDF files by default. The user can select PDF standard and resolution for rasterized images in the export popup window. Affinity Designer also generates EPS and Photoshop PSD files along with a range of vector graphic file formats. Adobe Illustrator also uses PDF files as an exchange medium. As PDF files preserve layers, there is little need for cutting and pasting between the two applications. This is facilitated by the PDF for export option in Affinity Designer which also supresses rasterization. My three wishes at the moment are: support for 600 DPI B&W rasterization in Affinity Designer, a trace feature in Affinity Photo, and release of the hinted at alternative to inDesign.
Update to 5 stars
Update: the issue is this... when you reset the width and height of the image as you export, example... from 3399 height and 5100 width to the size of 850 px height and 850 px width... when you enter the NEW dimensions, you must tab out of each field to set the new value, if you set the height and tab to the width field and set the width and don't tab out of the width field the new value will not be set for the width field... the height value is OK because you tab out of the height field to the width field, but because you submit and don't tab out of the width field the width field isn't set...
I've been using for about 2 weeks... I purchased for 2 basic reasons... Price and Vector... I'm not adventours with how I use... NOW... main problem I have is I can't export an image at a reduced size consistently... an image that is 5100 px by 3300 px reduced to 850px by 850px (which is the optimum size for face book...)... when I export and change the width and height to 850 px, the resulting image is always either the default width or height by 850 px... so I've discovered that it is less time consuming to export at the default and use Capto to create the 850 px by 850 px image... so my basic reason for 3 stars is I can't export like I want to export....
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. Can you please send us an email to email@example.com or post on our forum: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/ and our tech support can have a look for you. Please include your workflow.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 756 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Serif (Europe) Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.