** Affinity Photo supports iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 & 3, iPad Mini 5 and iPad (early 2017 onwards). Please note that older iPads are not supported. **
** iPad App of The Year **
Affinity Photo for iPad offers an incredibly fast, powerful and immersive experience whether you are at home, in the studio, or on the move. With meticulous attention to detail, each tool, panel and control has been completely reimagined for touch, and all rendering, adjustments, brushes and filters have been fully hardware-accelerated using Metal. The result is a genuine desktop-grade, professional photo editing app that provides an all-new way to interact with your images, without any compromise.
Optimised for iPad
• Metal accelerated to achieve blazing-fast performance, even when editing large images
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt and angle, Affinity Photo harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil
• Full iCloud drive integration allows for seamless file management, storage and sharing
Performance and power
• Live, real-time editing
• Massive image support (100+ Megapixels)
• Pan and zoom at 120fps
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• PSD smart object support
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale, PANTONE© and LAB colour spaces
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Save documents as template files to re-use time and time again
• Save and import XMP files, batch files to tag images and edit metadata
• Create shortcuts using a keyboard attachment
Professional image processing
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Paint areas or use fully customisable gradients to mask adjustments
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
• Canon CR3 RAW support
Quality retouching and correction tools
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
Fast, customisable effects
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
• Swipeable split or mirrored screen always available for before and after views
• Choose to apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers, enabling you to erase away or mask effects after they’ve been applied
Various stability and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
There’s no task too big—or too small—for this robust photo editor. If you want to add some cool filters, you can. If you just want to adjust the exposure, add some saturation, and make it ‘gram-worthy, you can do that too. And if you’d rather draw than edit? You’re in luck. Affinity Photo packs support for Apple Pencil and an incredible array of basic and advanced illustration tools. You can create unlimited layers, choose from an unsurprisingly enormous selection of brushes, and even create your own brushes—complete with jitter, spacing, and flow. (Sounds like dancing, right?)
Full-featured “Photoshop for iPad”, rock solid on iOS 11.1.2 and iPad Pro 10.5
Affinity Photo for iOS really is exactly what Serif claims it to be: a fully functional Photoshop for the iPad. On my iPad Pro 10.5 it is smooth and solid with no significant bugs and close to zero crashes. While there are some specific features of desktop Photoshop I’m wishing for, some of them may be present but still hiding from me in the complexity of a still unfamiliar user interface. This program, at $20, is an astonishing bargain. It opens raw files, Photoshop layered files, and layered files from the desktop Affinity Photo program. Fetching a file from Lightroom Mobile (or Lightroom desktop) is easy; just export to iCloud (or Dropbox) and then open from the “Cloud” source within the Affinity app on the iPad. All the necessary tools required for a layered, non-destructive workflow are nicely implemented. By the way, the 32 tutorial videos built into the app (scroll down on the “Open Files” splash screen) are quite good. I had no idea they were included when I bought the app. The new user can speed ahead through the learning curve simply viewing these tutorials in sequence. Practical pro-level high-resolution image editing and retouching have arrived on the iPad Pro (finally) with Affinity Photo and iOS 11.
Superior to Photoshop for iPadOS in just about every way.
This app has all of the key functionality that is part of my image retouching workflow (and so much more). I can process raw files, color correct images, make numerous adjustments and use advanced retouching techniques (like split frequency healing, alpha channel dodge and burn using curves adjustment layers, frequency separation sharpening, etc.). These are some of the techniques I use to give my work a polished, professional look that can easily be done in Affinity Photo.
I haven’t even gotten into using this app for art, illustration and surface design. When used as a complement to Procreate, the possibilities for raster-based creative work are pretty endless. And, there’s no need to pay for a ridiculous subscription model that most artists don’t want. Affinity Photo, like Procreate and Art Studio Pro, is a one-time purchase. This app is superior to Photoshop for iPad in just about every way - features, functionality and price.
Why pay an overpriced subscription for a watered-down version of Photoshop that lacks some of the most basic functionality? $10 for Affinity Photo on sale is a steal! $20 is still a bargain. I’m very happy with my purchase!
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 1.5 GB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Serif (Europe) Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.