Spring Sale – 50% Off.
** Mac App of the Year Winner **
Faster, smoother and more powerful than ever, Affinity Photo continues to push the boundaries of professional photo editing software. With a huge toolset specifically engineered for creative and photography professionals, it has everything you need to edit and retouch images, create full-blown, multi-layered compositions or beautiful raster paintings, and so much more.
Performance and power:
• Live, real-time editing
• Massive image support (100+ Megapixels)
• Pan and zoom at 120fps
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• PSD smart object support
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale, PANTONE© and LAB colour spaces
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Support for a range of plug-ins
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Saveable undo history
• Record and play macros for ultimate productivity
• Save documents as template files to re-use time and time again
• Save and import XMP files, batch files to tag images and edit metadata
• Isolate, edit and duplicate spare channels with a simple click
• Saveable studio presets for the UI layout
• Linked images and resource manager
• PDF passthrough
• Link layers to edit simultaneously
Professional image processing:
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and more
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette, best-in-class noise reduction
• Paint areas or use fully customisable gradients to mask adjustments
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
• Support for the latest cameras
Quality retouching and correction tools:
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine:
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Combine multiple brushes together and paint in a single stroke
• Full support for Wacom and other graphics tablets, including pressure, tilt and shortcut buttons
• Real-time preview of your nozzle to see what you are about to paint or erase before you do it
Fast, customisable effects:
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
• Choose to apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers, enabling you to erase away or mask effects after they’ve been applied
• Path text capabilities
• Apply live liquify layers over the top of multiple layers or on single pixel layer
• Add and edit pattern layers non-destructively
Built for Mac:
• Fully compatible with macOS Big Sur and optimised for Apple’s M1 chips
• Takes full advantage of the latest macOS technologies including Metal compute, OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics
• Full support for MacBook Pro's Touch Bar and Force Touch trackpad
• Fully optimised for 64-bit and multi-core processors
• Supports regular, retina and multi-monitor set ups
• External eGPU support
Various stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great learning Curve, Easy to Transition From Adobe Photoshop
I'll start this by saying that I never feel motivated to leave reviews for things, unless im truly blown away by the product. I chose to take a photography class this year in high school, and in it we learned how to use Adobe Photoshop. I loved that program because I could edit my photos easily and the power/capability amazed me. While using it at school, it seemed like the perfect program. Then I looked at the cost. I just couldn't justify paying a mothly fee for a program on my computer. Expecially since by no means am I professional photographer. So then I came acorss Affinity Photo. The price was great so I figured I'd use an old gift card on it. Boy am I amazed. This program is pretty much identical to photoshop in the features that it has, but the UI is much more approachable and easy to use. Some things did take getting used to coming from photoshop, but I picked it up after about an hour of tinkering. Im sure that it will get much easier in a few days. Now, the main part of this app relating to switching from photoshop: the learning curve. Its almost the exact same as photoshop. It's extremely easy to pick up this program if you are transitioning from pjotoshop. The bottom is, if someone isn't paying for you to use photoshop (i.e. school, employer) then switch to affinity. The price is so good and there are no compromises that I've seen so far. Best $25 ive spent on my Macbook.
No more Photoshop
I had been hesistant to cut off Adobe from taking my money each month but. I am so glad I did, I dove into Affinity Photo and Designer head first and forced myself to take the time to learn their UI. I have to say I am glad I did... I was worried that these apps wouldn't live up to their Adobe competition but I was surprised to see that the developers at Serif have put more though into their UI/UX. Speaking as someone who has developed software, their hard work shows. Don't listen to anyone out there who says this application isn't as good as Photoshop or others. Give it a try and take the time to actually learn how things work and you wont be disappointed. I am finding personally that Affinity is speeding up my workflow and making things less complicated. I especially love that they let me use a caculator on colors right within the app, this is super helpful. Also full screen preview of filters is brilliant. I also picked up the apps for iPad Pro and they are almost 99% the same as the desktop give or take one or two things. It is surprising that a bigger company like Adobe is still lagging bringing their desktop experience to iPad. I am now a true Affinity believer! Thanks Serif!
Great features, but buggy and laggy
This is a wonderful Photoshop alternative. I've been using it for almost two years now, and I'm still learning how to do certain things. One major issue is a random error that get opening files, saying that I don't have permission to open the file. This happens sometimes when trying to export a file as well. I've checked the forums, and people with the same issue seem to think it is related to how many fonts are installed on the Mac, which really doesn't make any sense. I followed the suggestion and whittled down to 139 fonts but it did not help. This happens maybe every 5th file I open. If I close the problem and re-open it, I am able to open the file, so it's not the permission problem the error message is telling me it is. Also, since around version 1.7, the blemish removal feature, something I use a lot, is slow and laggy. When I first got the program, everything was fast and smooth, but not so much anymore. Machine is a late 2016 Macbook Pro. Mainly, I really wish that the permission issue could be fixed! I still see people having the same issue on the forum after nearly two years.
Update: Developer asked me to post the bugs I've found in their forum. I did do that, almost a year ago. I posted again last week and only yesterday received a response.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. If possible could you make a post regarding the bugs you have found on our support forums found below? This will allow a member of our support staff to look into this further with you. https://forum.affinity.serif.com/
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 785.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.