** Apple Mac App of the Year Winner **
Faster, smoother and more powerful than ever, Affinity Photo continues to push the boundaries for professional photo editing software. With a huge toolset specifically engineered for creative and photography professionals, whether you are editing and retouching images, or creating full-blown multi-layered compositions, it has all the power and performance you will ever need.
Performance and power:
• Live, real time editing
• Massive image support (100+ Megapixels)
• Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale and LAB colour spaces
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Record and play macros for ultimate productivity
Professional image processing:
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction
• Paint areas or use fully customisable gradients to mask adjustments
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
Quality retouching and correction tools:
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine:
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Combine multiple brushes together and paint in a single stroke.
• Full support for Wacom and other graphics tablets, including pressure, tilt and shortcut buttons
• Real-time preview of your nozzle – see what you are about to paint or erase before you do it
Fast, customisable effects:
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
• Choose to apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers, enabling you to erase away or mask effects after they have been applied
Built for Mac:
• Takes full advantage of the latest macOS technologies including Metal compute, OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics
• Full support for MacBook Pro's Touch Bar and Force Touch trackpad
• Fully optimised for 64-bit and multi-core processors
• Supports regular, retina and multi-monitor set ups
• External eGPU support
• Massive performance increases with full end-to-end metal acceleration
• eGPU compatible - performance scales with additional GPUs attached
• HDR / EDR monitor support
• At least 2x faster loading of RAW files
• More effective noise reduction, hot pixel removal and wide colour space development.
• New Sub Brushes to combine multiple brushes in a single stroke
• Symmetry (up to 32-way) is now supported - including on-canvas controls and optional mirroring
• On the fly nozzle rotation now available with left and right arrow keys
• New “Procedural texture” and “Voronoi” filter effects
• Live filter effects have been rewritten to improve performance
• HSL adjustment layer has been rewritten, supporting custom hue ranges, new UI and picker controls
• Many PSD import / export improvements
• Layers studio now includes options for transparent backgrounds, different thumbnail sizes and colour tagging.
• Significant improvements to selection refinement
• Alternate futures for document history have been added. If you undo a lot of steps and start on a different path, you can always branch back to your original position
• HEIF images can now be loaded, including loading of any depth map
• Added support for 12bit and 16bit CMYK TIFF files
• New Assets Studio available to store and drag and drop regularly used assets
• Huge macro and batch processing improvements
• 100s of other bug fixes and improvements - too many to list!
Ratings and Reviews
No more Photoshop
I had been hesistant to cut off Adobe from taking my money each month but. I am so glad I did, I dove into Affinity Photo and Designer head first and forced myself to take the time to learn their UI. I have to say I am glad I did... I was worried that these apps wouldn't live up to their Adobe competition but I was surprised to see that the developers at Serif have put more though into their UI/UX. Speaking as someone who has developed software, their hard work shows. Don't listen to anyone out there who says this application isn't as good as Photoshop or others. Give it a try and take the time to actually learn how things work and you wont be disappointed. I am finding personally that Affinity is speeding up my workflow and making things less complicated. I especially love that they let me use a caculator on colors right within the app, this is super helpful. Also full screen preview of filters is brilliant. I also picked up the apps for iPad Pro and they are almost 99% the same as the desktop give or take one or two things. It is surprising that a bigger company like Adobe is still lagging bringing their desktop experience to iPad. I am now a true Affinity believer! Thanks Serif!
I'm an amateur hoping to improve my photo and print editing skills. Retired, my wife and I travel a lot, so most of my photos are travel-related, landscapes, buildings, shorelines, sunsets, etc. In the month or so that I have intensively used this app I find that it is logically structured and intuitive in how the UI works. It’s pretty stable; I have to do something really unnatural to crash it like inadvertently trying to print a 200mb file in a 5x7 format…sigh. It nicely supports my attempts at establishing a consistent workflow. I can easily experiment with alternatives. I struggled trying to understand LR and finally gave up with the new licensing. What I like: 1) the desktop is well organized, logical. Context-appropriate windows work well. 2) adjustment tools are intuitive, easy to apply and back off. 3) nice layer management. 4) fantastic built in help function. it’s an operator’s manual, very complete, virtually a course in itself. 5) The app seems to support almost any image storage organization I choose. Nice.
Haven’t played around with the macros or special effects as yet. Just starting to shoot raw, so can't say anything about is raw format processing. Stay tuned
I used to love Photoshop until they started forcing me to buy sofware in a suite (I only wanted Photoshop, not a bunch of other software that cluttered up my computer). And then they switched to a subscription model. I did the math and it would have been more expensive to get the subscription than a one-time license. AND the software had barely changed over the 10 years that I’ve used it. When I moved to a new computer and realized that Adobe had removed my ability to download my old Photoshop licenses from thier site, I tossed in the towel and decided not to be forced into a subscription model that scavenges my bank account every month (20 a month!). So, I started looking around and found Affinity Photo. The price was fantastic and best of all, no subscription! And I did the math… even if they did provide a subscription, it would be a heck of a lot cheaper than PhotoShop. As for Affinity Photo itself, it feels so much like Photoshop and actually, I think it feels a bit more professional and less clunky. Thank you Affinity Photo folks for taking on the big boys who want to force us to ingest bloatware at a ridiculous price.
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 417.2 MB
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Serif (Europe) Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.