** Apple Mac App of the Year Winner **
Faster, smoother and more powerful than ever, Affinity Photo continues to push the boundaries for professional photo editing software. With a huge toolset specifically engineered for creative and photography professionals, whether you are editing and retouching images, or creating full-blown multi-layered compositions, it has all the power and performance you will ever need.
Performance and power:
• Live, real time editing
• Massive image support (100+ Megapixels)
• Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale and LAB colour spaces
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Record and play macros for ultimate productivity
Professional image processing:
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction
• Paint areas or use fully customisable gradients to mask adjustments
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
Quality retouching and correction tools:
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine:
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Combine multiple brushes together and paint in a single stroke.
• Full support for Wacom and other graphics tablets, including pressure, tilt and shortcut buttons
• Real-time preview of your nozzle – see what you are about to paint or erase before you do it
Fast, customisable effects:
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
• Choose to apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers, enabling you to erase away or mask effects after they have been applied
Built for Mac:
• Takes full advantage of the latest macOS technologies including Metal compute, OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics
• Full support for MacBook Pro's Touch Bar and Force Touch trackpad
• Fully optimised for 64-bit and multi-core processors
• Supports regular, retina and multi-monitor set ups
• External eGPU support
- Optimised for Sidecar
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
How is Adobe still in business!!???
I've been a professional photo editor for over 15 years. The editor of choice for the majority of that time was Ps. I've also used Lr and Corel. a few months ago, I was over at a friends house when I noticed one of his kids was editing her vacation photos using Affinity Photo. She knew her way around the program quite well. So I (somewhat arrogantly, I must admit) began challanging her to perform a number of edits I thought the program wouldn't be capable of doing. I quicky learned that Affinity isn't an editor to take lightly. I realized, my arrogance had gotten in my way all these years, assuming Adobe PhotoShop was the best editing program. I was wrong. I purchase Affinity Photo and Designer recently, complete satisfaction. Left Adobe in the rearview with no intent of going back. Affinity has the quality and capabilities of Ps, in my opinion. It's even easier to use on the Mac compared to Ps. Not to mention, at a fraction of the cost. For all the pros and casual photo editor's out there I can assure you Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer will do nothing less than impress. Best purchase I've made for my business in a long time. My wife and eldest daughter already use it to for their own photos and projects. Best bang for the buck. But not factoring in the awesome price, still absolutely astonishing capabilities and end-user performance. Best of luck to you all and sorry for the long review. I get excited when I win big lol.
No more Photoshop
I had been hesistant to cut off Adobe from taking my money each month but. I am so glad I did, I dove into Affinity Photo and Designer head first and forced myself to take the time to learn their UI. I have to say I am glad I did... I was worried that these apps wouldn't live up to their Adobe competition but I was surprised to see that the developers at Serif have put more though into their UI/UX. Speaking as someone who has developed software, their hard work shows. Don't listen to anyone out there who says this application isn't as good as Photoshop or others. Give it a try and take the time to actually learn how things work and you wont be disappointed. I am finding personally that Affinity is speeding up my workflow and making things less complicated. I especially love that they let me use a caculator on colors right within the app, this is super helpful. Also full screen preview of filters is brilliant. I also picked up the apps for iPad Pro and they are almost 99% the same as the desktop give or take one or two things. It is surprising that a bigger company like Adobe is still lagging bringing their desktop experience to iPad. I am now a true Affinity believer! Thanks Serif!
Great features, but buggy and laggy
This is a wonderful Photoshop alternative. I've been using it for almost two years now, and I'm still learning how to do certain things. One major issue is a random error that get opening files, saying that I don't have permission to open the file. This happens sometimes when trying to export a file as well. I've checked the forums, and people with the same issue seem to think it is related to how many fonts are installed on the Mac, which really doesn't make any sense. I followed the suggestion and whittled down to 139 fonts but it did not help. This happens maybe every 5th file I open. If I close the problem and re-open it, I am able to open the file, so it's not the permission problem the error message is telling me it is. Also, since around version 1.7, the blemish removal feature, something I use a lot, is slow and laggy. When I first got the program, everything was fast and smooth, but not so much anymore. Machine is a late 2016 Macbook Pro. Mainly, I really wish that the permission issue could be fixed! I still see people having the same issue on the forum after nearly two years.
Update: Developer asked me to post the bugs I've found in their forum. I did do that, almost a year ago. I posted again last week and only yesterday received a response.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. If possible could you make a post regarding the bugs you have found on our support forums found below? This will allow a member of our support staff to look into this further with you. https://forum.affinity.serif.com/
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 420.3 MB
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Serif (Europe) Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.