** Mac App of the Year Winner **
Faster, smoother and more powerful than ever, Affinity Photo continues to push the boundaries for professional photo editing software. With a huge toolset specifically engineered for creative and photography professionals, it has everything you need to edit and retouch images, create full-blown, multi-layered compositions or beautiful raster paintings, and so much more.
Performance and power:
• Live, real-time editing
• Massive image support (100+ Megapixels)
• Pan and zoom at 60fps
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• PSD smart object support
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale, PANTONE© and LAB colour spaces
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Plug-in support, including Nik collection by DxO
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Record and play macros for ultimate productivity
• Save documents as template files to re-use time and time again
• Customise saveable presets and benefit from thumbnail previews
• Save and import XMP files, batch files to tag images and edit metadata
Professional image processing:
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette, best-in-class noise reduction, and manual lens correction override
• Paint areas or use fully customisable gradients to mask adjustments
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
• Canon CR3 RAW support
Quality retouching and correction tools:
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine:
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Combine multiple brushes together and paint in a single stroke
• Full support for Wacom and other graphics tablets, including pressure, tilt and shortcut buttons
• Real-time preview of your nozzle – see what you are about to paint or erase before you do it
Fast, customisable effects:
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
• Choose to apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers, enabling you to erase away or mask effects after they have been applied
Built for Mac:
• Takes full advantage of the latest macOS technologies including Metal compute, OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics
• Full support for MacBook Pro's Touch Bar and Force Touch trackpad
• Fully optimised for 64-bit and multi-core processors
• Supports regular, retina and multi-monitor set ups
• External eGPU support
Fully compatible with Big Sur and fully optimised for Apple M1
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
How is Adobe still in business!!???
I've been a professional photo editor for over 15 years. The editor of choice for the majority of that time was Ps. I've also used Lr and Corel. a few months ago, I was over at a friends house when I noticed one of his kids was editing her vacation photos using Affinity Photo. She knew her way around the program quite well. So I (somewhat arrogantly, I must admit) began challanging her to perform a number of edits I thought the program wouldn't be capable of doing. I quicky learned that Affinity isn't an editor to take lightly. I realized, my arrogance had gotten in my way all these years, assuming Adobe PhotoShop was the best editing program. I was wrong. I purchase Affinity Photo and Designer recently, complete satisfaction. Left Adobe in the rearview with no intent of going back. Affinity has the quality and capabilities of Ps, in my opinion. It's even easier to use on the Mac compared to Ps. Not to mention, at a fraction of the cost. For all the pros and casual photo editor's out there I can assure you Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer will do nothing less than impress. Best purchase I've made for my business in a long time. My wife and eldest daughter already use it to for their own photos and projects. Best bang for the buck. But not factoring in the awesome price, still absolutely astonishing capabilities and end-user performance. Best of luck to you all and sorry for the long review. I get excited when I win big lol.
Great learning Curve, Easy to Transition From Adobe Photoshop
I'll start this by saying that I never feel motivated to leave reviews for things, unless im truly blown away by the product. I chose to take a photography class this year in high school, and in it we learned how to use Adobe Photoshop. I loved that program because I could edit my photos easily and the power/capability amazed me. While using it at school, it seemed like the perfect program. Then I looked at the cost. I just couldn't justify paying a mothly fee for a program on my computer. Expecially since by no means am I professional photographer. So then I came acorss Affinity Photo. The price was great so I figured I'd use an old gift card on it. Boy am I amazed. This program is pretty much identical to photoshop in the features that it has, but the UI is much more approachable and easy to use. Some things did take getting used to coming from photoshop, but I picked it up after about an hour of tinkering. Im sure that it will get much easier in a few days. Now, the main part of this app relating to switching from photoshop: the learning curve. Its almost the exact same as photoshop. It's extremely easy to pick up this program if you are transitioning from pjotoshop. The bottom is, if someone isn't paying for you to use photoshop (i.e. school, employer) then switch to affinity. The price is so good and there are no compromises that I've seen so far. Best $25 ive spent on my Macbook.
No more Photoshop
I had been hesistant to cut off Adobe from taking my money each month but. I am so glad I did, I dove into Affinity Photo and Designer head first and forced myself to take the time to learn their UI. I have to say I am glad I did... I was worried that these apps wouldn't live up to their Adobe competition but I was surprised to see that the developers at Serif have put more though into their UI/UX. Speaking as someone who has developed software, their hard work shows. Don't listen to anyone out there who says this application isn't as good as Photoshop or others. Give it a try and take the time to actually learn how things work and you wont be disappointed. I am finding personally that Affinity is speeding up my workflow and making things less complicated. I especially love that they let me use a caculator on colors right within the app, this is super helpful. Also full screen preview of filters is brilliant. I also picked up the apps for iPad Pro and they are almost 99% the same as the desktop give or take one or two things. It is surprising that a bigger company like Adobe is still lagging bringing their desktop experience to iPad. I am now a true Affinity believer! Thanks Serif!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 748.6 MB
- Photo & Video
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Serif (Europe) Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.