Unlock the power of connection and navigate your AfroTech experience
AfroTech Connect is your all-in-one companion to maximize your AfroTech Conference and brand experience. We understand that AfroTech is more than an event; it's a community, a network, and a platform for professional growth. With AfroTech Connect, you can seamlessly integrate into the vibrant AfroTech ecosystem and take full advantage of everything it has to offer.
Key Features and Benefits:
1. Connection Made Easy: AfroTech Connect empowers you to connect with like-minded individuals, industry leaders, and potential collaborators. Browse through attendee profiles and send messages to foster valuable connections that can propel your career and personal growth.
2. Event Access and Tickets: AfroTech Connect provides easy access to your event tickets, ensuring a smooth registration process.
3. Personalized Event Schedule: Create a customized schedule for the AfroTech Conference by selecting your favorite sessions, workshops, and speakers. You can even export your schedule to your personal calendar to stay organized.
4. Career Enhancement: Add your career information to your profile and AfroTech’s sister brand Talent Infusion to let potential employers and partners discover your skills and experience. AfroTech Connect is not just about attending events; it's about advancing your career.
5. Community Engagement: Join discussions, provide feedback, and participate in the AfroTech community. Share your thoughts and insights on sessions, panels, and events to contribute to the growth and improvement of AfroTech.
Why Trust AfroTech Connect:
AfroTech Connect is committed to fostering a trusted and inclusive environment for all users. We prioritize your data privacy, providing you with full control over your personal information. Our team is dedicated to delivering a seamless and secure experience that enhances your AfroTech journey.
Join the AfroTech Connect community and unlock the power of connection and opportunity at AfroTech Conference and beyond. Let us help you navigate, connect, and succeed in this dynamic ecosystem.
Bug fixes and feature updates.
Ratings and Reviews
The app was fine on Wednesday, but when the conference really kicked off, it was constantly crashing or giving error messages. The last update included live updates and the feed (which were great updates), but didn’t produce any information. Growth is a great thing! However, the app wasn’t able to keep up in real time which caused me to have to check the website for updates. It would’ve been nice to have this working throughout the conference.
Adding a calendar tap in the app would be helpful. I don’t use my device’s main calendar app so it was really confusing trying to find the events I planned to attend. I had to go back and try to remember everything and add them to my favorites.
A few things could improve use
1. In Order to maximize the feed on the Homescreen you have to pull down and THEN you can pull it up. You should just be able to pull it up.
2. Minor: When you favorite a session and then navigate to “Favorite” to view them the hearts are no longer filled it. Just makes for a slightly inconsistent experience. If I favorited them, the heart should be filled it regardless of it being listed under my favorites.
3. Copy: “Favorite” should be “Favorites” or “Favorited”. Use of the word as a singular doesn’t make as much sense.
4. Under schedule, the time slot on the left could be narrower to favor more space for the event description.
5. I used the “My Ticket Level” filter, which is cool, but then it didn’t show me all the of the events that I could RSVP for later in the evening. I almost thought one of the days ended at 4pm, because they weren’t listed. I think those should be available since they were open to all unless there are ones for specific ticket holders.
6. Would be nice if there was more feedback on what calendar the event is being added to on my phone. I don’t use my devices main calendar app, I use Google Calendar and would’ve liked that as an option.
7. Would be nice to have a button or pull down to refresh the feed. I got a “something went wrong” on my feed, but couldn’t seem to refresh it or do anything else and had to close/restart the app.
8. Better ways to make connections. Live feed is ok, but it’s not something I would personally use. Ability to create various subgroups or interests would be a cool way to connect. For example, having subgroups by location of attendees. I would love to see other people who work in tech in my city or other people who work in AI tech etc etc
9. There’s a lot of important placed on the ticket on the Homescreen, which is a lot of real estate, and it can’t even be used as a ticket. As far as I can understand it’s only used to be able to filter by events your ticket gives you access to (which operates in the background). You could probably just remove this from Homescreen or solely show it when you open your profile/account.
10. I can’t recall if this happened for me, but my friend downloaded the app and went through registration process and was forced to upload a photo. This should be optional.
11. Sometimes when I want to do a quick favorite of an event from the list view it pulls open the full description instead. Doesn’t register the action of favoriting very well.
All just suggestions. Thanks for reading :)
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blavity Inc
- 48.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © AfroTech Connect