Introducing Agenda, the award-winning elegant new take on notes.
Agenda is a date-focused note taking app for macOS, iPadOS, and iOS, which helps you plan and document your projects. Agenda gives you a complete picture of past, present and future, driving your projects forward.
Whether you're a business manager noting decisions in a meeting, a teacher planning next week’s lessons, or a blogger brainstorming a post, Agenda is ideal for tracking the evolution of your notes.
It's the only note taking app with a strong emphasis on the passage of time, making it the perfect fit for any project. Use it for personal projects like jotting down recipes you’d like to try, or take on major projects at work, planning your next meeting or checking off your daily tasks.
The notes in Agenda are beautifully styled, and include powerful features like images, file attachments, tags, lists, and links. You can even connect your notes to events in your calendar, and add due reminders to your tasks.
Locating your notes also couldn't be easier, with powerful search, a project jump bar, and related notes list. And when you find what you're looking for, simply click back in the history to where you were.
TAKE NOTES. DATE NOTES.
Agenda’s unique timeline approach to organizing notes gives your projects momentum. While other apps focus specifically on the past, present, or future, Agenda is the only notes app that keeps track of each in a single timeline.
Add notes for what is currently on your agenda, while you prepare other notes for an upcoming meeting. Use older notes as breadcrumbs to remind yourself why you took the actions you did.
WHAT'S ON THE AGENDA?
You can attach dates to individual notes, and even link them to events in your calendar. But you can also put them “On the Agenda”.
Notes that are On the Agenda are given special status. They get added to an overview in the sidebar so you can find them in a flash.
THE 'MEANING FULL' TEXT EDITOR
Agenda support styles like headings, lists, indented blocks, and preformatted text. You focus on the content, and leave Agenda to handle the appearance.
GET ATTACHED TO AGENDA
You can easily add file attachments to notes, which then sync across your devices. Files can be previewed, and images displayed as thumbnails or full-sized.
Group your projects into categories to make them easier to find, and order the notes for each project however you choose. You can drag them around, apply dates, or use a mixed approach. You can also collapse notes to save space.
MANY DEVICES, ONE AGENDA
Nobody wants data silo-ed on one device, so Agenda has apps for Mac, iPad, and iPhone, and they sync up via your iCloud or Dropbox account.
Agenda is free, with no time limits. You can use it forever, at no cost.
Agenda does offer extra premium features that require an In App Purchase. If you decide to purchase an upgrade, you permanently unlock all current features across all of your eligible devices.
Even better, any features we add in the 12 months following your purchase are included, and permanently unlocked as well. All yours to keep.
- Quick Reminders and Events can now be created by clicking the day headers in the inspector again
- Agenda version 11 now runs again on macOS 10.12
NEW IN AGENDA 11
- You can now choose to have a more subtle tag appearance
- Unordered lists can be shown with a dash or a bullet
- Checked off list items can be shown grayed out or with a strikethrough
- Sample content shows how your notes will look as you change appearance preferences
- A new behaviour and look of the menu in the gutter of the note.
- New language support for Italian, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, British-English, Afrikaans, and Russian
- Agenda now appears as option in the Services menu
- You can now use two finger swipe on the trackpad to open and close the side panels
- The Agenda preferences are now contained in different tabs
- You can choose not to have an empty note added to new projects
- You can set the first day of the week for calendars
- Now you can choose if text dates are relative to today or not
- You can choose if the notes from linked calendar events get imported into Agenda
- You can choose to have all-day reminders created by default
- You can create notes linked to an event or day from a template
- You can now insert placeholders in templates, which get pre-populated when you make a new note from the template
- Support for actions has been introduced. Eg. You can type date, and Agenda will in insert the current date
- The \remind action now also has a new set of supported parameters, like all-day, list and title.
- Placeholder actions in templates now allow you to have standard content entered dynamically, such as the current date
- The shared-content placeholder can be used in templates so that when content is added via the sharing extension and x-callback-urls, it is inserted directly where you want it
- You can now use templates in x-callback-urls and link events to your notes as well. In addition we added the option to not select the note that is edited through the x-callback-url
- You can now create new notes in the sharing extension
- Agenda now better supports auto-fill of passwords in the preferences
- The sharing extension allows creation of new notes with templates
- You can now swipe the left edge of the sharing extension to see the navigation list
- The gutter insert popover now includes the date and time
- The style popover you get by clicking the button on the left of the text editor now applies to the current selection instead of the paragraph
- The style popover has many new options
- The menu under the cog button at the bottom of notes is much simplified
- Major performance improvement when switching between projects and scrolling through notes
- The note title area has been redesigned to support multiple line titles
- The menu for the yellow dot has been rearranged, as well as the collapsed note indicator
- The navigation of the sharing extension has been improved, with easy access to recent notes
- The overviews section of the sidebar has been redesigned to be clearer
- The sharing extension is more efficient
- Some content is better handled in the sharing extension
- Agenda will use the last used duration and time for new events
- The last selected sort order is used as the default for new projects
- When you mark a note completed, you are now prompted about whether it shoud be taken off the agenda
- We now save the notes before printing
- Improved import of folders with many Apple notes
- The info menu now includes the archived and completion dates
- When sharing an Agenda file, the agenda sharing extension should no longer show in the options
- Certain layout issues, which could crop note content, have been fixed
- Improved performance of scrolling in notes with images
- Sometimes Agenda could jump to the cursor during scrolling. This is fixed
- Improved reliability and localization
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This makes you pay a yearly fee absolutely no reason.
The app seems functional enough. Theres nothing I found special or anything that warranted special consideration, and that includes a needless mandatory yearly fee. You must pay, at the time of this writing, 25$ once every year to keep your notes. So far I have seen no utility or tool that allows you to bulk download your notes should you elect to discontinue using this app.
Maybe I’ve just been using apps and programs for too long. I’m not middle aged “yet" but I can say most of my life I’ve had a computer. Some applications deserve to be called SaaS, or Software as a Service. A simple note taking app on the Mac app store just like the dozens that came before it is not one of them. The problem with small apps that automatically subscribe to you is if you are at all a busy person with a standard credit card, you forget about fees that only rear their head once a year.
There are plenty of free note apps that sync across devices and backup to iCloud that don’t have a yearly fee, let alone 25$.
The functionality is here, but the price is not. Great marketing, pretty animated graphics… that’s what your subscription will be paying for.
One star based on value with the hope that developers wise up and just charge for a new version of the software every few years.
Developer Response ,
Please let me clarify our sales model: It is not a subscription. We certainly do not charge you automatically each year. We don't use any automatic payments at all.
What's more, the app is actually free to use, forever. If you are happy with the basic features, there is no charge to use it. If you find the premium features we offer useful, you can unlock those. You get all current features — as well as all features introduced in the following year — and you get to keep them forever. They are permanently unlocked.
After your year is up, new features may appear that are again locked, but you are never forced to pay for them. You can choose to pay for them and get another year of premium features, or you can choose to stick with what you already paid for, and keep using those features forever. And even if you don't pay, you get free bug fixes as well as any new features we add that are not 'premium'.
If you decide to you want to stop using the app, we offer export in a number of formats, including HTML, markdown, and a JSON representation for people with scripting skills. So your data is fully available for you to take with you. No lock in.
I hope that has clarified the sales model. Most importantly, it is not a subscription. You pay for concrete features, and can keep those features forever. You are never forced to pay, and can keep using the app as long as you like even if you do not pay.
Useful for some kinds of project tracking & writing
This is a very pretty application which has a good number of features. It's remarkably flexible and in that is the challenge. There isn't really any clear or obvious workflow or application for using it, which is a mixed blessing. On the one hand, you can do just about anything you want. On the other hand, what do you do with it? I'm giving it only 4 stars primarily for this reason. (I also think the UI is a little less than discoverable, but that's not a major issue here.)
Personally, I'm using it to track a series of small personal projects that take place over time and require a little work here and a little work there. I can capture notes for those projects, todo's, any list of things I need done or things I want to remember later and they are available on all my devices. More flexible than any of the other "to do" systems I use in that regard and since I'm not using for project scheduling, that flexibility is useful to me. I do wish it had different categorizations, state machines, etc, but everyone always wants just one more tiny feature, right?
The licensing and purchase model is also excellent. The app is quite usefull as it sits. The extra features are also useful, the thing you have now, (whatever that is), will continue to work in perpetuity, and the developers are also incentivized to add useful features. it's one of the more well thought out monetization schemes I've seen for any software.
Agenda Is My New Workhorse! LOVE IT!
Agenda's versatility makes it perfect for deploying & repurposing content so it becomes useful at your fingetips. I use it to take notes, write drafts, capture ideas in raw form, then edit within Agenda and when ready I export in HTML & Markdown and publish to the various web projects I am working on. I export the notes into a Evernote Business files to share content with collegues. So far it has been the best interface to use as I write, refine and then quickly use & reuse my work in a polished form.
I imagine the most difficult thing for people will be to craft thier own content structures and follow thier own rules. Agenda is versatile which means the user has to decide how best to use it for thier own workflow. So it can be a little tricky thinking through those parameters when you first jump into it.
I had an issue with the upgrade syncing to my Mac but sent an email on Sunday night and first thing Monday morning everything was working perfectly! Great service team too. Also check out the help files and the community boards because most of the questions I have had were easily answered and quickly found there.
- Momenta BV
- 51.7 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Afrikaans, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 Momenta B.V.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features macOS & iOS $34.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.