Introducing Agenda, the award-winning elegant new take on notes.
Agenda is a date-focused note taking app for iOS and macOS, which helps you plan and document your projects. Agenda gives you a complete picture of past, present and future, driving your projects forward.
Whether you're a business manager noting decisions in a meeting, a teacher planning next week’s lessons, or a blogger brainstorming a post, Agenda is ideal for tracking the evolution of your notes.
It's the only note taking app with a strong emphasis on the passage of time, making it the perfect fit for any project. Use it for personal projects like jotting down recipes you’d like to try, or take on major projects at work, planning your next meeting or checking off your daily tasks.
The notes in Agenda are beautifully styled, and include powerful features like images, file attachments, tags, lists, and links. You can even connect your notes to events in your calendar, and add due reminders to your tasks.
Locating your notes also couldn't be easier, with powerful search, a project jump bar, and related notes list. And when you find what you're looking for, simply click back in the history to where you were.
TAKE NOTES. DATE NOTES.
Agenda’s unique timeline approach to organizing notes gives your projects momentum. While other apps focus specifically on the past, present, or future, Agenda is the only notes app that keeps track of each in a single timeline.
Add notes for what is currently on your agenda, while you prepare other notes for an upcoming meeting. Use older notes as breadcrumbs to remind yourself why you took the actions you did.
WHAT'S ON THE AGENDA?
You can attach dates to individual notes, and even link them to events in your calendar. But you can also put them “On the Agenda”.
Notes that are On the Agenda are given special status. They get added to a special overview in the sidebar so you can find them in a flash.
THE 'MEANING FULL' TEXT EDITOR
Agenda is a styled-text editor. Styled text is as easy to edit as plain text, but allows meaning to be added, leading to visually stunning documents without breaking a sweat.
Styles include headings, lists, indented blocks, and preformatted text. You focus on the meaning of your notes, and leave Agenda to handle the appearance.
The resulting documents look fantastic, and can be converted to other formats like Markdown and HTML.
Group your projects into categories to make them easier to find, and order the notes for each project however you choose. You can drag them around, apply dates, or use a mixed approach. You can also collapse notes to save space.
TAKING IT TO TASK
Do you sometimes find yourself using your task manager for more than it is intended?
Agenda is a notes app that has excellent support for tasks. It supports different list styles, including checklists, and allows mixing tasks with more extensive notes.
There is also direct integration with the Reminders app, so you can add reminders with a due date to any task.
SHARE NOTES AND PROJECTS
A notes app is not very useful if you can't share what you create. With Agenda, you can print and share notes, even whole projects, in standard formats like PDF, RTF and Markdown. You can also use the Agenda archive format to exchange exact duplicates of your notes with other Agenda users, including any attached files.
MANY DEVICES, ONE AGENDA
Nobody wants data silo-ed on one device, so Agenda has apps for Mac, iPad, and iPhone, and they sync up via your iCloud or Dropbox account.
Agenda is free, with no time limits. You can use it forever, at no cost.
Agenda does offer extra premium features that require an In App Purchase. If you decide to purchase an upgrade, you permanently unlock all current features across all of your eligible devices.
Even better, any features we add in the 12 months following your purchase are included, and permanently unlocked as well. All yours to keep.
- Archive completed projects to keep your Sidebar clean.
- Create Subcategories in the Sidebar to help organise your projects.
- Pin notes as footnotes to the bottom of your project.
- Manually reorder the projects and categories in the Sidebar.
- Move notes and projects to the Bin in the Sidebar before permanently deleting them.
- Get more information about your projects and notes, like when they were created and edited, and how many notes, words, and characters they contain.
- Added x-callback-urls for opening smart overviews and triggering searches.
- It's now possible to create Agenda links to smart overviews
- Added a "No projects” placeholder for empty categories
- Added the ability to share an Agenda link
- You can now shift/command select multiple smart overviews
- When scheduling events and reminders suggested times are now rounded to 15 minutes
- Improved sidebar selection heuristics upon deletion and archiving projects
- Improved visibility of some category colors
- Improved suggested name for search overview of tags
- Improved collapsing and expanding of categories in the sidebar
- The Link To menu now shows recently edited notes
- It is now possible to select/deselect all enabled calendars in the preferences by holding the option or command key while clicking one of the calendars.
- Updated the premium features gallery and tutorials to mention both iOS and iPadOS
- iCloud sync has performance and stability improvements
- The limit on PDF size before they no longer show full width has been increased
- Transparent images now have a transparent background in the text editor, instead of always a white background (PDFs still have a white background)
- Added a Dark mode version of the introduction movie
- Agenda links now keep working when moving notes between projects
- Fixed an issue where hitting delete while typing a tag or reminder would already create them
- Fixed an issue where the tutorial would have black text when run on systems set to dark mode
- Fixed an issue where reminders were not getting a proper link and were not scheduled immediately, leaving the link to the reminder unconnected
- Changes to selected calendars should now persist after scrolling the list of enabled calendars
- Added extra safety check before inserting Agenda links in exchange calendar events
- Improved look of scrollers in dark mode for legacy scroller setting
- Fixed an issue where moving a drawing to a different project could cause it not to display anymore
- Fixed a slow memory leak that could accumulate if the app runs for several days
Ratings and Reviews
This makes you pay a yearly fee absolutely no reason.
The app seems functional enough. Theres nothing I found special or anything that warranted special consideration, and that includes a needless mandatory yearly fee. You must pay, at the time of this writing, 25$ once every year to keep your notes. So far I have seen no utility or tool that allows you to bulk download your notes should you elect to discontinue using this app.
Maybe I’ve just been using apps and programs for too long. I’m not middle aged “yet" but I can say most of my life I’ve had a computer. Some applications deserve to be called SaaS, or Software as a Service. A simple note taking app on the Mac app store just like the dozens that came before it is not one of them. The problem with small apps that automatically subscribe to you is if you are at all a busy person with a standard credit card, you forget about fees that only rear their head once a year.
There are plenty of free note apps that sync across devices and backup to iCloud that don’t have a yearly fee, let alone 25$.
The functionality is here, but the price is not. Great marketing, pretty animated graphics… that’s what your subscription will be paying for.
One star based on value with the hope that developers wise up and just charge for a new version of the software every few years.
Developer Response ,
Please let me clarify our sales model: It is not a subscription. We certainly do not charge you automatically each year. We don't use any automatic payments at all.
What's more, the app is actually free to use, forever. If you are happy with the basic features, there is no charge to use it. If you find the premium features we offer useful, you can unlock those. You get all current features — as well as all features introduced in the following year — and you get to keep them forever. They are permanently unlocked.
After your year is up, new features may appear that are again locked, but you are never forced to pay for them. You can choose to pay for them and get another year of premium features, or you can choose to stick with what you already paid for, and keep using those features forever. And even if you don't pay, you get free bug fixes as well as any new features we add that are not 'premium'.
If you decide to you want to stop using the app, we offer export in a number of formats, including HTML, markdown, and a JSON representation for people with scripting skills. So your data is fully available for you to take with you. No lock in.
I hope that has clarified the sales model. Most importantly, it is not a subscription. You pay for concrete features, and can keep those features forever. You are never forced to pay, and can keep using the app as long as you like even if you do not pay.
Agenda Is My New Workhorse! LOVE IT!
Agenda's versatility makes it perfect for deploying & repurposing content so it becomes useful at your fingetips. I use it to take notes, write drafts, capture ideas in raw form, then edit within Agenda and when ready I export in HTML & Markdown and publish to the various web projects I am working on. I export the notes into a Evernote Business files to share content with collegues. So far it has been the best interface to use as I write, refine and then quickly use & reuse my work in a polished form.
I imagine the most difficult thing for people will be to craft thier own content structures and follow thier own rules. Agenda is versatile which means the user has to decide how best to use it for thier own workflow. So it can be a little tricky thinking through those parameters when you first jump into it.
I had an issue with the upgrade syncing to my Mac but sent an email on Sunday night and first thing Monday morning everything was working perfectly! Great service team too. Also check out the help files and the community boards because most of the questions I have had were easily answered and quickly found there.
Great app, love the flow, editing quirky but loveable
Thanks devs! Absolutely love the feature based pricing model btw, I feel upset at some of the reviews from people misunderstanding the purity and transparency of the model. Soo much better than a subscription.
I have really been enjoying this fusion of notes / todo / scheduler / (???) apps. I put question marks because I feel like this is one of those apps where someone could come up with a crazy left-field workflow and surprise everyone with the apps versatility.
The markdown rendering has some quirks here and there, ocassional sticky formatting (ie, can’t get out of bold mode unless I copy paste some regular body text) plus some surprising performance heartbeat skips when cutting, pasting, applying formats to text you wrote 5 mins ago (rather than remembering to format on the go) or just any kind of rapid pace retrospective editing. Maybe it’s the pace not the rendering? Either way, I think my #1 most desired feature request would be a toggle into a raw Markdown editing mode: no automatic rendering, just pure Markdown, fast and performant!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for this great review! Please get in contact with us about the editing issues you report. We would like to address those. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Momenta BV
- 49.3 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Momenta B.V.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.