Introducing Agenda, the award-winning elegant new take on notes.
Agenda is a date-focused note taking app for iOS, iPadOS, and macOS, which helps you plan and document your projects. Agenda gives you a complete picture of past, present and future, driving your projects forward.
Whether you're a business manager noting decisions in a meeting, a teacher planning next week’s lessons, or a blogger brainstorming a post, Agenda is ideal for tracking the evolution of your notes.
It's the only note taking app with a strong emphasis on the passage of time, making it the perfect fit for any project. Use it for personal projects like jotting down recipes you’d like to try, or take on major projects at work, planning your next meeting or checking off your daily tasks.
The notes in Agenda are beautifully styled, and include powerful features like images, file attachments, tags, lists, and links. You can even connect your notes to events in your calendar, and add due reminders to your tasks.
Locating your notes also couldn't be easier, with powerful search, a project jump bar, and related notes list. And when you find what you're looking for, simply go back in the history to where you were.
TAKE NOTES. DATE NOTES.
Agenda’s unique timeline approach to organizing notes gives your projects momentum. While other apps focus specifically on the past, present, or future, Agenda is the only notes app that keeps track of each in a single timeline.
Add notes for what is currently on your agenda, while you prepare other notes for an upcoming meeting. Use older notes as breadcrumbs to remind yourself why you took the actions you did.
WHAT'S ON THE AGENDA?
You can attach dates to individual notes, and even link them to events in your calendar. But you can also put them “On the Agenda”. Notes that are On the Agenda are given special status. They get added to a special overview in the sidebar so you can find them in a flash.
THE 'MEANING FULL' TEXT EDITOR
Agenda is a styled-text editor. Styled text is as easy to edit as plain text, but leads to visually stunning documents without breaking a sweat.
Styles include headings, lists, indented blocks, and preformatted text. You focus on the meaning of your notes, and leave Agenda to handle the appearance.
The resulting documents look fantastic, and can be converted to other formats like Markdown and HTML.
Group your projects into categories to make them easier to find, and order the notes for each project however you choose. You can drag them around, apply dates, or use a mixed approach. You can also collapse notes to save space.
TAKING IT TO TASK
Do you sometimes find yourself using your task manager for more than it is intended?
Agenda is a notes app that has excellent support for tasks. It supports different list styles, including checklists, and allows mixing tasks with more extensive notes.
There is also direct integration with the Reminders app, so you can add reminders with a due date to any task.
SHARE NOTES AND PROJECTS
A notes app is not very useful if you can't share what you create. With Agenda, you can print and share notes, even whole projects, in standard formats like PDF, RTF and Markdown. You can also use the Agenda archive format to exchange exact duplicates of your notes with other Agenda users, including any attached files.
MANY DEVICES, ONE AGENDA
Nobody wants data silo-ed on one device, so Agenda has apps for Mac, iPad, and iPhone, and they sync up via your iCloud or Dropbox account.
Agenda is free, with no time limits. You can use it forever, at no cost.
Agenda does offer extra premium features that require an In App Purchase. If you decide to purchase an upgrade, you permanently unlock all current features across all of your eligible devices.
Even better, any features we add in the 12 months following your purchase are included, and permanently unlocked as well. All yours to keep.
- You can now choose to have a more subtle tag appearance
- Unordered lists can be shown with a dash or a bullet
- Checked off list items can be shown grayed out or with a strikethrough
- Sample content shows how your notes will look as you change appearance preferences
- Write your notes with the Apple Pencil using Scribble in iOS14
- Introducing the Upcoming Agenda Widget in iOS14
- Complete support for the VoiceOver and VoiceControl accessibility feature
- Full iPad trackpad support
- You can now use two finger swipe on the iPad trackpad to open and close the side panels
- New language support for Italian, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, British-English, Afrikaans, and Russian
- The Agenda preferences are now contained in different tabs
- You can choose not to have an empty note added to new projects
- You can set the first day of the week for calendars
- Now you can choose if text dates are relative to today or not
- You can choose if the notes from linked calendar events get imported into Agenda
- You can choose to have all-day reminders created by default
- You can create notes linked to an event or day from a template
- You can now insert placeholders in templates, which get pre-populated when you make a new note from the template
- Support for actions has been introduced. Eg. You can type date, and Agenda will in insert the current date
- The \remind action now also has a new set of supported parameters, like all-day, list and title.
- Placeholder actions in templates now allow you to have standard content entered dynamically, such as the current date
- The shared-content placeholder can be used in templates so that when content is added via the sharing extension and x-callback-urls, it is inserted directly where you want it
- You can now use templates in x-callback-urls and link events to your notes as well. In addition we added the option to not select the note that is edited through the x-callback-url
- You can create new notes in the sharing extension
- The sharing extension allows creation of new notes with templates
- You can swipe the left edge of the sharing extension to see the navigation list
- The keyboard bar insert popover now includes the date and time
- The note title area has been redesigned to support multiple line titles
- The menu for the yellow dot has been rearranged, as well as the collapsed note indicator
- The navigation of the sharing extension has been improved, with easy access to recent notes
- The overviews section of the sidebar has been redesigned to be clearer
- Improved performance when switching between projects and scrolling through notes.
- The sharing extension is more efficient
- Some content is better handled in the sharing extension
- Multi-day selection on iPad is much smoother
- Agenda will use the last used duration and time for new events
- The last selected sort order is used as default for new projects
- When you mark a note completed, you are now prompted whether it shoud be taken off the agenda
- The info menu now includes the archived and completion dates
- Sharing a markdown file on iOS now gives the .md file extension.
- When sharing an Agenda file, the agenda sharing extension should no longer show in the options
- Certain layout issues, which could crop note content, have been fixed
- Improved performance of scrolling in notes with images
- Sometimes Agenda could jump to the cursor during scrolling. This is fixed
- Prevent Agenda crashing in the background, which would cause it to "forget" which screen you were in
- Better resizing of notes when dictating
- Fixed problem where arrowing in a text view would not scroll it every time
- Fixed an issue where inserting a newline at the start of a checked item would cause it to become unchecked
- Fix for Chinese puncation being inserted twice on iOS 12.4.
- Fixed blurry images and PDFs on screen
- Localization improvements
- Stability fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Agenda is a note-taking app that stands out thanks to its clever use of time. To improve the odds you’ll actually refer back to your notes one day, you can attach a specific date to each note you create, tie a note to an event already on your calendar, or organize your notes on a timeline—that way it’s easy to tap through to a specific date and find the note you created.
A remarkable beginning
This app impressed me more out of the box than anything I have tried in a while. The changes from what loosely similar apps do seem at first incremental but are powerful in a way that opens up very plausible workflows. The key thing is turning a static collection of notes into something that can flow with your calendar - it took me a little while to grasp the intent, but when it clicked and I realized it is not just a notes app replacement I could imagine lots of immediate uses. It is well worth taking the time to find and learn all the features - there is quite a bit hiding under the slick surface (maybe I am slow, but it was the second day before I found the settings button on the right hand slide-in panel) and I already see several reviews complaining about the absence of things that are actually there in the program. You can’t insert images yet but I see from their blog it is likely in the pipeline along with other things, and I happily paid for premium. Thanks to the developers!
Life changing at work
Overall, I’m thrilled to have this app!!!!!! Nothing else is like it exists (linking note taking to calendar events) and it’s an indispensable for keeping my work organized. I am more than happy to pay for this application and I love not being forced into subscription pricing!! That said, I hope the iOS version eventually gets to the same level of polish as the Mac version....
The only reason I didn’t give it 5 stars is because text entry on iOS is frustratingly inferior to the Mac version of Agenda. For example, I am constantly recorrecting style assignments that render incorrectly or seem to change on their own, and simple things like setting my text insertion point at the end of a line (using touch) is crazy hard. I fear these iOS shortcoming are so fundamental that they threaten Agenda’s long-term survival. If I hadn’t tried the Mac version first and experienced what the developers were capable of, I would have given up on the iOS version by now over text manipulation and rendering problems. Because I mainly live on an iPad, I hope I don’t have to suffer this silliness much longer.
- Momenta BV
- 152 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 Momenta B.V.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features iOS & iPadOS $14.99
- Premium macOS, iOS & iPadOS $34.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.