The Electronic Preventive Services Selector (ePSS) is an application designed and developed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), the Nation's lead Federal agency for research on health care quality, costs, outcomes and patient safety.
The ePSS application was developed to assist primary care clinicians identify the screening, counseling, and preventive medication services that are appropriate for their patients. The ePSS information is based on the current recommendations of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) and can be searched by specific patient characteristics, such as age, sex, and selected behavioral risk factors. When using this tool please read the specific recommendation to determine if the preventive service is appropriate for your patient. This tool is not meant to replace clinical judgment and individualized patient care. The ePSS is available as a web application and mobile applications.
Web Application: http://epss.ahrq.gov
• Compatible with major browsers: Internet Explorer 6.0 or later; Firefox 3.0 or later; Safari 4.0 or later; Opera 9.51; Google Chrome
• Latest recommendations information updated by the USPSTF
• User friendly interface
• Print friendly format available
• Compatible version available for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and all other major mobile platforms *
• Full functionality of the ePSS Web application
• Full mobility without the need for wireless or internet connectivity **
• Optional subscription for email notifications of available updates
• Automated ePSS data updates
* View the supported device list to check for compatibility with your specific device
** Application downloads and data updates require internet connectivity
- Updated to fit iPhone X Screen
- Discontinued iOS 8 Support
Ratings and Reviews
I've been waiting for this app for a long time, glad it's finally released. The only minor issue with it is the loading time, otherwise perfect! Hopefully in the next version it will be faster.
Thank you, AHRQ and USPSTF
This is a well functioning app that puts evidenced based recommendations literally in the hands of clinicians that they can use as they see patients throughout the day. I am so glad that the creators have put in the effort to make this app work so well.
Quick easy reference
Good reference for on the fly clinical decision making. Wish it didn't reset everything when I go back to the home page, but that's only a minor annoyance.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.