In calculus, getting the answer doesn’t always mean understanding the solution. The Aida | Calculus app from Pearson is the first mobile AI tutor that provides instant feedback on your steps, as well as hundreds of videos and worked-out examples.
Go beyond the final answer - understand how to solve the problem and relate to math in the real world.
* Your calculus tutor - The Profile takes all the work you have done in Aida | Calculus and shows you where you are proficient and where you still need to practice.
* Suggestions for you - The more you use Aida, the more it adapts to your learning style and recommends useful activities.
* Math in the real world - Engaging interactive videos are based on the most difficult concepts, showing you fun and relatable explanations.
* Step-by-step feedback - You can get real-time feedback and hints on a homework problem by taking a snapshot of your work from your iPhone, or entering your solution using the app’s keyboard.
* Check your knowledge – Practice problems help you prepare for class and solidify your knowledge and a Diagnostic shows you what you need to work on to prepare for an exam.
* Explore calculus - Visualization helps you see logical connections between different calculus concepts, so you can understand and progress through them more easily.
Aida | Calculus just got better. We've added diagnostic attempts so you have more chances to prepare for exams or to see where you need some additional work in Calculus 1. We've also added additional question types in practice to help sharpen your problem-solving skills. Thanks for the feedback from Aida subscribers that influenced this update!
Ratings and Reviews
Finally a good app for learning calculus
So happy I discovered this app! This app will get you through calculus if you’re struggling sometimes like me. The videos are informative and the feedback or suggestions the app gives me to solve equations is more helpful to me than working things out with an actual tutor. I’m more focused and less distracted. It’s saving me time and I feel I’m learning to understand calculus faster this way. I do have to improve my handwriting for the app sometimes for it to recognize my formulas.
Photo recognition glitches
The app is great, but there are basically no AI-related mechanisms in the app to make it personalized (yet). There are video lessons but no problems to solve or anything like that, so it seems like the main personalization is with the problem scanning and seeing how you solve problems. However, the problem scanning is horrible and can not recognize even typed out math equations, much less handwritten. There is a tool to edit the scan but the save button does not work so basically the entire camera scanning feature doesn’t work. I would stick with other apps, like Photomath, for homework help. Another problem is the lack of fluidity in the learning pages with entering a specific topic page and going back to the previous page. When you click on a specific topic, it lands you on a page that looks like a popup window that fills most of the screen, but when you want to go back to the previous page there isn’t an arrow or anything at the top to go back, you have to awkwardly slide the popup area down a lot until a back arrow shows up. This ruins the flow of the app. However, the aesthetics of the app are great and the video content is very informative. With some more work, this would definitely be a 5-star app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback and for taking the time to try Aida. We're always working on improving the navigation and experience so we appreciate your detail on those particular parts of the app. For handwriting, we're sorry that the handwriting recognition didn't work well for you. To help us improve, please use the "Send us feedback" option in the app to share an example so we can troubleshoot the issue.
Thanks so much for your help! - Team Aida
Been looking for something like this!
Finally an intuitive app that guides me in what will help me next. User friendly and I’m sure over time it will continue to just get better (I’m always aware if launch period trial and errors) but I see this as HUGE potential. Love the videos too, entertaining and different then the usual. Hope the app expands over time.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pearson Education, Inc.
- 69.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 - 2021 Pearson Education, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- All Access Monthly $2.99
- All Access Quarterly $6.99
- All Access Yearly $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.