Aiko & Egor: Animation 4 Autism (@aikoandegor) is a free app created by See Beneath (a non-profit) that includes animated videos & games with research-supported skills to promote learning and engagement. The videos and games are developed for children on the autism spectrum and their family members and teachers. Aiko & Egor displays simplified animation, engaging underwater characters, and includes fun games to practice skills. The app is intended to be used by child & adult together to promote real-time engagement and supplement educational programs.
App Features: Enjoy our animated videos and games by engaging with the below features:
1) Play Video: Select this button to watch the entire episode all the way through or choose a particular scene from the episode. The Play Video feature is intended for the entire family to watch together but the videos are appropriate for a child to watch the video by his/herself or with siblings and/or friends.
2) Learn Together: Select this button to watch the same video content with learning opportunities or ""Bubble Times"" embedded at specific moments throughout the video. The Learn Together feature should only be selected when the adult and child are watching the videos together. During each Bubble Time, the video will pause and a menu will pop up that presents instructions for the learning moment. The adult will then follow the instructions on the menu to appropriately facilitate the learning moment and either replay the preceding action by the character or continue playing the video. You can also collect data on the child's responses in real-time and track improvements over time!
3) Skills Games: Select this button to practice skills that are modeled in the videos in different fun game formats (such as matching, shape or animal identification, turn-taking, etc). Every game under each episode is different so make sure to try them all to see which are most beneficial for your child. Some games can be played by the child his or herself, but we encourage an adult to engage with the child and even take turns so that the child is successful and does not get frustrated.
Research-Supported: See Beneath's co-founders have years of experience in autism research and intervention. Aiko & Egor utilizes principles based on Video Modeling and Applied Behavior Analysis. The learning and engagement domains and target skills are based upon the Early Start Denver Model and the Strategies for Teaching based on Autism Research curricula.
Feedback: We love to hear from our users and fans and always appreciate feedback so that we can improve the app for all children and families (email email@example.com or contact us on social media @aikoandegor).
Social Media: Please follow Aiko & Egor on social media (@aikoandegor) and spread the word to your network:
About Us: See Beneath is a California-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that was founded in 2012 with a mission to engage and educate children with autism (ASD) by creating and providing innovative tools that foster positive change and help children reach developmental milestones. Our vision is a world where all children with autism will develop to their full potential. Learn more, get involved, and contribute at www.seebeneath.org.
Web Links updated!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love the application, it’s very informative for my son. However I don’t like that all the episodes does not play after the purchase bad update of the app that’s the only reason why I didn’t give it 5 stars. The episodes that he does watch he enjoys and even said little “circle” once.
Excellent, research-supported educational app for children with autism.
Love that the content in this app is supported by research. The “learn together” feature in particular is unique and a great opportunity to promote active learning with a parent or caregiver. The ability to track progress in-app is also a helpful feature.
The animations are cute and engaging, and have a great emphasis on important skills like saying please, sharing, appropriate play actions, and more. I also love that Aiko and Egor have unique ways of talking - I feel like my students of varying ages and verbal abilities could engage with them.
One point of improvement is that some of the low-contrast text on parent/caregiver portions could be made easier to read (on places like the sign-up screen and the watch together survey). I had to squint a bit to fill out the information correctly. Regardless, I would absolutely recommend this app to anyone who has children with autism or works with children with autism.
Fantastic App for Any Child
I use this app for my two children and they are endlessly entertained. I appreciate the graphic style and educational content, which are both age-appropriate for growing minds. I wish more digital content for my kids could be this way!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the specific feedback, Goolie. We are developing more content, so stay tuned!
- See Beneath, Inc.
- 153.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © See Beneath, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Episode 2 - Animals $1.99
- Episode 3 - Colors $1.99
- Episode 5 - Letters $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.