Air Display lets you use a spare Mac’s screen as an extra display for your main Mac.
It's easy to use! Just launch this app on your spare Mac, then connect to it from the free host app on your main Mac, to instantly expand its screen real estate. You can connect wirelessly or with a cable.
IMPORTANT: This is NOT the free Air Display host software that you need on your main computer. You can download that at avatron.com/gethost. This is the client app that turns one Mac into a second monitor for another Mac.
–– FEATURES ––
• Drag windows, apps, or control palettes from your main screen to give yourself more room to work
• Use up to 4 devices simultaneously to extend or mirror your computer
• Run either full-screen or in a window
• Either extend your screen to get more room to work or mirror to share your screen with an audience
• Connect via Wi-Fi or with a wired connection (Ethernet, Thunderbolt, or USB-C)
–– INSTALLATION ––
Just install the free Air Display host app (from avatron.com/gethost) on your main Mac, and download this Air Display client app on your second Mac.
• Purchase this app on the Mac you want to use as your second display
• On your main computer, go to avatron.com/gethost and install the free host app
• You can install this app onto multiple Macs, as long as they use the same Apple ID
If you want to use your iPad or other device as your second screen, you do not need to purchase this app. Air Display for iOS is available in the iTunes App Store (and you’ll still need the same free host software on your main computer).
–– COMPATIBILITY ––
• Both computers must be on the same Wi-Fi network, or connected via Ethernet, Thunderbolt, or USB-C
• Mac client app: macOS 10.8 and above
• Mac host: macOS 10.10 and above (not compatible with macOS 10.13.4–10.13.6)
• The Air Display host software is not compatible with Windows
• Added more resolutions for different Mac displays.
• Fixed sleep prevention while connected; it wasn't working on Mojave and Catalina.
• Fixed some other bugs.
• The latest Host software fixes a bug that could make the mouse invisible while mirroring displays.
• To enjoy the new features and bug fixes, please “Check for Updates“ in the Air Display Host software on your Mac.
For occasional Air Display news, sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of the avatron.com homepage.
Please leave a review in the App Store! We love your feedback.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It Works Well, But...
Air Display works well with a wired connection and more haltingly over Wi-Fi. The problem I'm having is that I can't play any iTUnes playlists when AirDisplay is running, and there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done about it.
Developer Response ,
Hi. Thanks for reporting this issue; we haven't heard about it before. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get more details about what you're trying to do, and hopefully figure out a workaround or fix. —Pip
Not Happy Thus Far
From the beginning of using this app the screen resolution on my iMac Retina has been unusable. I am using a Macbook Pro as the host and my 27" iMac as the secondary screen. I will give the company points for their customer service. They worked with me and resolved the screen resolution issue with an update to the app but it took a couple weeks. My biggest complaint now, and its been this way since the beginning, is the mouse is extremely laggy on the secondary display. Another problem i'm going to work with the customer support about but it seems to be one thing after another with this app. I wish Apple would have just kept this feature so we don't have to go through 3rd parties to make this useful. Really want to like this app but it doesn't seem to be cutting it for what I need.
It literally "works" only. I want refund.
HOST: Macbook Pro 15inch 2018
CONNECTED: Macbook Air 2019
Think 3 times before you buy, static purpose: 3 star (realtime sound sync is bad), dynamic purpose: 0 start (never buy it)
The program is extremely slow that you cannot even use. First off, I used Wi-Fi to connect, it was impossible to use. I thought I travel back to 90s. Then I send email to the support about how to make it fast. Well, typical answers: try wired connection, some apps can make it slow etc. (these are not solutions by the way)
Anyway okay, so I bought a thunderbold 3 cable, changed all the settings they recommended and guess what? It's still impossible to use. All the delays (mouse pointer, window open etc.) are more than just visible. Host computer got slow like crazy. I spent $100 for all. Really disappointing. And I want my money back.
The developer, Avatron LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Avatron LLC
- 2.5 MB
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 Avatron LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.