Make travel effortless with the Air NZ mobile app:
• Have real-time flight info at your fingertips with up-to-date gate and seat info, boarding and departure times, and more.
• Turn your phone into your ticket. Scan your mobile boarding pass to print checked bag tags at the kiosk, board your aircraft, and if you’re eligible, enter the Air New Zealand lounge.
• You can hold up to 9 boarding passes for your group or family under the same booking. Bookings with infants cannot currently be supported.
• Check-in online, from anywhere, and use your boarding pass straight from the app or send it to Apple Wallet.
• Notifications remind you of key flight information, and let you know if anything changes – you’ll never miss a beat.
• Don’t queue for coffee – order from your phone and we’ll let you know when it’s ready to collect.
• Quick links in to book or change flights on the fly.
• Stay organised – add flight details to your calendar, and share them with others.
• Know what to pack, with weather notifications for your destination.
• Track your Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points balances, view your benefits and latest activity, or access your digital Airpoints card straight from your phone, plus find Airpoints Partners to help you earn Airpoints Dollars every day.
• Get great deals on the go – check out the Best Fares section.
• Receive offers for travel related goods and services we think you might find interesting and relevant.
Things not as effortless as they could be? We’d love to hear your suggestions or issues - use the ‘Help and Feedback’ menu to see your options.
Note - Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• We’re introducing auto-brightness to speed up the scanning of your digital boarding pass or Airpoints™ card. The brightness level on your phone will automatically increase when you open these screens and return to your default setting when they’re closed.
• Soon to be revealed… a revamped Latest activity section on the Airpoints screen to make it easier to view your Airpoints™ and Status Points transactions. Just click ‘View Latest Activity’ and let us know what you think when prompted.
• Improvements to express check-in. Your check-in status will display from 24 hours before your flight.
• Bug fixes and minor enhancements for an even better app experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Need info, but hard to read on iPad
I want this app because I need the information it provides. But it is hard to read. In portrait mode, the opening screen display is too big to fit on my iPad display, so I can’t see everything that is there. And I can’t get the screen to display in landscape mode at all, so either way, it is hard to see and read the information. I will only use this app when absolutely necessary.
Nicely designed and executed.
I have found this app to be very nicely designed and useful. Many apps are just modified versions of the website, but this one actually enables me to navigate more quickly to do what I need to do, and provides timely updates on flight delays and other travel details. Some functions do send you back to their website but for routine stuff, you can get it done or get updates within the app.
Why no iPad support?
It’s really quite sad that basic functionality has not been implemented for iPads. It seems strange that no one thought how inconvenient it is to have to use the app only in portrait mode, and then to have to double the size to use the whole iPad screen.
- Air New Zealand
- 126.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2019 Air New Zealand Limited
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.