In this issue: The short, exciting life of the Airbus A380; Elon Musk’s monster Mars rocket, and the ugliest airplane ever.
Get the full content of Air & Space/Smithsonian magazine on your iPhone and iPad, including every story, department, photo, and more. Download the Air & Space magazine app now!
Air & Space magazine has been delighting aerospace enthusiasts with the best writing about their favorite subject since April 1986. As the magazine of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Air and Space Museum, Air & Space matches the grand scope of the Museum, encompassing every era of aviation and space exploration.
* Relive the greatest adventures in aviation history.
* Catch up on the latest trends in space exploration from SpaceX’s Dragon spacecraft to NASA’s Artemis missions to the moon.
* Learn about the latest in military aviation from the stealthy Lockheed Martin F-35 to the advanced Next Generation Bomber.
- Single issue, $3.99 (one time purchase, not ongoing)
- One month for $1.99, automatically renewed until canceled
- One year for $19.99, automatically renewed until canceled
Air & Space magazine is published seven times a year. We may occasionally publish extra issues. Payment for any issue or subscription will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
SUBSCRIBERS AUTO-RENEWING FEATURE:
Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be provided (yearly subscriptions will renew for another year and monthly subscriptions will renew for another month). Your subscription may be managed through your Account Settings after purchase. Auto-renewal may be turned off in Account Settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
ABOUT THE SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION:
The Smithsonian Institution has inspired generations through knowledge and discovery since 1846. It's the world's largest complex of museums and research facilities, and it focuses on four core areas: Unlocking the Mysteries of the Universe, Understanding and Sustaining a Biodiverse Planet, World Cultures and the American Experience.
**Please note that the minimum iOS requirement for Air&Space Magazine is iOS 13+.**
- Several performance improvements on iOS
- Fixed a whole bunch of smaller bugs and issues.
- The device is kept awake while downloading using "Keep all data offline".
- Fixed a bug on iOS which caused the status bar to sometimes have the wrong color.
- Fixed a issue on iOS that caused slide shows to have the wrong dimensions.
- Added the long press option to the browse grid to download a collection on demand.
- Fixed a bug with rich push notifications using a weblink that didn't load correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the rendering of slide shows on iOS.
- Fixed an issue with tapping on an image sequence on iOS which didn't always work.
- Fixed a bug with the way certain table-of-contents images where displayed on iOS.
- Fixed a bug which caused the inline web viewers to not load on iOS.
- Fixed several crashes in the iOS reader.
Ratings and Reviews
Worse App ever
I cannot understand why Air & Space has such a lousy app and cannot get it fixed. It no longer recognizes log in even after changing at least 4 times. It will not allow me to access my subscription until at least several weeks after being released digitally (actually end up reading hard copy due to app not working). It is impossible to get ahold of customer service and they never respond. Cannot understand how they let such a lousy app out and refuse to fix it!
Nice look & intuitive feel! Having the convenience of A&S on my iPhone as well will add another layer to good conversations.
Subscription doesn’t work in this app
I purchase a 1 year subscription and I cannot access it. Each new issue the app says that I have to purchase it. This app is a rip off and should be removed from the App Store.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Smithsonian Institution
- 27.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Smithsonian Institution
- In-App Purchases
- Auto Renewable Subscriptions $1.99
- September 2013 $3.99
- November/December 2013 $3.99
- December 2013 / January 2014 $3.99
- June/July 2013 $3.99
- August 2014 $3.99
- September 2014 $3.99
- Air & Space Magazine - December/January 2016 $3.99
- Air & Space Magazine - October/November 2016 $3.99
- February/March 2014 $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.