Apple TV Screenshots
This is the app you bought your Apple TV for :) Stream any video from your computer.
Air Video is trivial to setup. Just download and install Air Video Server HD on your PC or Mac, chose which folders you want to share and that's it.
No need to configure network shares, or deal with painful and limited network protocols you probably don't even want to know about. And don't worry about formats, codecs and bitrates, let Air Video handle the dirty details for you.
You can download the server from airvideoapp.com.
- Clever playback pipeline
- Support for soft subtitles (both embedded and external)
- Scrubbing preview (see screenshot #2)
- Automatic folder refresh. When you add or remove files, Air Video gets notified and instantly refreshes folder listing. Works with the play queue as well.
- Multi user account mode - you can configure user accounts in server properties to restrict access to videos
- Surround sound
- Synchronized settings - You can stop the video on your iPad and resume on Apple TV. Air Video HD will transparently synchronize last positions, playback settings, and playback history across your devices.
- Connection speed test - measures throughput directly between the computer and Apple TV. Great tool to determine network bottlenecks if playback is stalling.
Air Video HD will not play DRM protected videos. All content purchased through iTunes (except video podcasts) includes DRM.
Air Video Server HD requires at least OS X 10.9 or Windows 7 to run. It may run on XP if you're lucky, but seriously, that thing is 14 years old.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent app that simply “just works”!
This is an excellent app that does just what it says on the tin. It’s the easiest way to stream a video library from your computer to your TV using Apple TV. It’s almost too easy to set up (kidding, of course..but I really had no trouble) and installing and running the server on my Mac was simple and flawless. I do hope the developer continues to update this app long into the future as it’s the only app on tvOS that truly works for streaming videos from a computer/storage drive to both Apple TV and iOS devices. One request I think I’d also like is the ability to stream audio files (like mp3) and perhaps also folders with photos? It’s rare that I cannot find a fault with an app, but in this case I’m happy to say it’s true. If you have an Apple TV this is truly an essential no-brainer app to get. Keep up the good work - This app is EXCELLENT!
Are you still developing this app? No updates since 2017 and the app no longer works. When installed fresh on Apple TV 4K with tvOS 13 the app no longer connects to server get the error “Received wrong ID from server during verification”
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.