Aira Explorer 4+
Visual Assistance On Demand
Aira Tech Corp
What is Aira?
Aira is a Visual Interpreting Accommodation Service, an application that connects someone who is blind or has low vision, via a video call, with a live, professionally-trained visual interpreter for on-demand assistance.
Using Aira is simple!
Download the free Aira Explorer app to your smartphone, create an account, and you're just one tap away from connecting with a professionally-trained visual interpreter for on-demand assistance, 24/7. Designed and tested to be highly accessible and usable, simply tap a large button on the home screen and your phone's back-facing camera streams a live video to an Aira Agent.
Who uses Aira and why?
Anywhere someone needs access to visual information, and needs to maneuver through physical or digital accessibility barriers, is where Aira fits, from describing to reading, from explaining to navigating – just about anything, safely and securely. Aira enhances independence, efficiency, and autonomy.
How does Aira work?
The Aira Explorer app connects you to a remote Agent who will converse, describe and assist based on your needs. The app streams live video, including your GPS location, and through an integrated dashboard, an Aira Agent can immerse themselves in your surroundings, seeing and hearing your environment. Agents have access to web-based data, including maps, location tracking, search engines, text-based messaging, and even rideshare integration – all carefully calibrated to provide people who are blind or have low vision with a seamless experience.
What is Aira Access?
Many of the world's most influential organizations provide access to visual information by being part of the Aira Access Network. People who are blind or have low vision can use Aira's service for free at these Aira Access Partner sites. From airports to banks, grocery stores to retailers, universities to entire states, customers, employees, and residents of hundreds of organizations benefit from this commitment to accessibility and inclusion. With our growing Aira Access Network, there are more options to use Aira for free daily; find the full list of free Aira Access Partners in the app.
The Aira Community
People who use Aira are known as Explorers. The relationship between our Agents and Explorers is unique because of how they work together to achieve goals. With an Aira account, you not only have access to professional visual assistance – you have access to a community.
- Create a free account and start experiencing visual interpreting without commitment
- Need more minutes? A variety of paid plans support a wide range of needs
- Easily connect to a professional Aira Agent 24/7/365
- Vetted Agents safely and securely handle confidential and personal information
- Integrate your Lyft account with your Aira account
- Join a supportive and inspiring community
- Increase your everyday efficiency and independence
Listen to Airacast, our podcast for help getting started, and for news and updates. Subscribe at https://pinecast.com/feed/airacast.
Follow us on Twitter (@airaio), Facebook and YouTube, or learn more at aira.io.
We invite you to contact Aira Customer Care daily from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific time.
- The application won't sleep anymore during a call as long as the application is in foreground. If the application is in background, it will eventually sleep and lock.
- When the application is in Screen Share, if the phone goes to sleep and / or lock, the application won't crash.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Aira Tech Corp
- 50.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Aira Tech Corp.