Airline Tycoon Deluxe is a funny economy simulation proceeding in realtime and assigning you the complete responsibility for an airline. However, don’t be fooled by the funny comic style or the included jokes: A variety of tasks are requested and your competitors never miss a chance to set a trap for you in order to put a spoke in your wheel.
Your abilities are put to the test continuously playing Airline Tycoon Deluxe: Will you be able to use your aeroplanes to capacity and land some profitable charter flights? Can you establish routes for lucrative scheduled flights? Aeroplanes cost millions; will you be capable of increasing the share price and obtaining enough funds by the issuing of securities?
Can you stand up for the construction of new aeroplanes in your role as an engineer? Are you able to avoid your competitors’ deceitful attacks? Accept this unusual challenge and win virtual laurels with Airline Tycoon. The deluxe version contains 20 new airports as well as new opportunities. It is as interesting for professional tycoons as for beginners.
- Funny economy simulation in comic style
- Complete freedom of action and freedom to move within the airport facilities and more than 30 places to be visited
- Control of all parts of management: purchase of aeroplanes and their fittings, financing as well as stock market listing, planning of routes and filling order books, personnel, marketing and maintenance as well as many other details
- Easily operated construction of own aeroplanes and the opportunity to exchange these on the Internet
- Use additional security precautions against competitors’ attacks or sabotage competitors yourself
- fixed problems with language selection under macos sierra
Ratings and Reviews
Fun, With Rough Edges
I bought the original version of this that ran on PC several years back. Apparently, this version is somewhat enhanced, although I can't see a lot of differences. The basic game play is fine. My only complaints are in the details - the spoken parts don't always match the words you see on the screen, and apparently, somebody realized late in the game (after their voice actor was already gone) that they needed a few more phrases. Those they recorded with somebody who tried to sound the same, but just couldn't. It's a little distracting, especially if you're keen on details as I am, and I really expect better from a "serious" commercial product, but it's still enjoyable enough.
A pretty good game once you get into it.
I saw this featured in the store and decided to give it a try. The game took a bit of time to figure out without a manual, but once you get started the game is hard to put away. The only problem is they need to make it Lion conpatiple because it stops working the minute you update your OS. Other than that I've got no complaints.
I have loved playing this game and have played it off and on for the last 10 years growing up. I was very disappointed when I sent an email and got no response or support about the screen issues. I am trying to play on a Mac Book Pro 13” so the screen isn’t that large to begin with… so when you have 2 black bars using almost a thrid of your screen it makes the game almost too small to play and not enjoyable! I downloaded the patch from the website but it says it couldn’t find my install.. so I will continue to wait for a update or an email from their support.
- Runesoft GmbH
- 347.9 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2003-2011 Spellbound Entertainment GmbH, Macversion by Runesoft GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.