AirMeasure™ is The Ultimate Augmented Reality Measuring ToolKit with over 15+ unique modes to create the most accurate measurements possible. ( Formerly named 'AR Measure' )
Loaded with features, the app includes tools that let you measure anything from small items, to room dimensions, to faraway buildings & structures - even people too! We’ve bundled additional tools to help with your measuring-related tasks, such as: laser levels that can be added to any wall or surface; brushes for drawing or marking things in 3D space; and a catalog filled with virtual furniture you can preview in a room.
IMPORTANT: You must have an ARKit enabled device to have access to all the available tools. (i.e. 6S or better)
Just some of the many amazing features:
- Tape Measure with three different modes: Air, Surface & Points
- Multiple Measurements
- Choose between metric (meters/cm ) or imperial/standard ( inches/feet ) units
- Floor Plan - Trace the outline of a room
- Draw a 3D Cube - Figure out if something will fit by Drawing & Resizing 3D Cubes
- Find Someone’s Height - Use the Person's Height tool
- Furniture - preview furniture in your space. Choose from a catalog.
- Sports Fields - Mark the outline of a sports field using a stencil to guide you.
- AirBrush - Draw or annotate things in 3D space.
- Trajectory - Trace a path of where you’ve been.
- Laser Level - Provides a reference when hanging a picture.
- Laser Distance - Get the distance to a point.
- Height Tool - Measure the height of anything.
- Triangulation - Refine measurements by capturing them from second perspective.
- Metal Detector / stud finder
- Angle measurement tool
- Traditional Bubble Level
- On-Screen Ruler for measuring small items
- History - Capture your measurements to review later or share with a friend ;)
- Projects - Store groups of measurements together for easy retrieval
AirMeasure is the tape measure that’s always in your pocket. Great for contractors and builders, home improvement, plumbers, DIY enthusiasts, gardening, remodeling, interior designers, teachers, and much more.
- added support for the new iPhone 12
- dark mode fixes on tutorial
Ratings and Reviews
Great for students!
It is an AR measuring toolkit that contains a variety of modes to accurately create measurements. This app is a great tool for the classroom for individual or collaborative activities when learning geometry, interior design, sewing, carpentry, and other ways an educator or anyone else sees fit. I measured a couple of objects and then used a tape measure to test for accuracy. The app was pretty accurate. There are modes that offer short tutorial videos where you can watch demonstrations. The vertical height mode allows the user to measure tall buildings and trees as well as others. Younger students would enjoy using this in school as a fun assignment to find the tallest tree or building on campus.
Great Look, Doesn’t Really Measure Up
I’ve tried this App since the first version and I’ve had mixed results. While I like a lot about the design, usability is still too complex to understand. Accuracy seems questionable in most cases.
For instance, I was testing the “measure a human” function, and my 5’1” subject was consistently measured below his height. The App would say, “Point to the Floor” and I would, then no further direction. So I would move the phone up and it would detect a face. Intuitively, once it detects the face you would think that’s the measurement. Not only was it inconsistent, but I was getting measurements of 3’9”, 4’6”, and others below 5’. I was in a well lit space with plenty of contrast.
Other features, like hanging a picture on the wall, never worked for me. Detecting a plane (the wall) seemed challenging for the App, so it never really saw the wall.
All the different modes are cool. Some are easy to understand and some are impossible to comprehend because the interface doesn’t give you feedback about what it’s doing. Many of the modes seem redundant as far as function, but they have completely different methods of getting to the function. I’m not sure what the purpose of one measurement mode is over another in a lot of cases.
All in all I think the App has promise, but it’s no replacement for a quality laser measurement tool or a good ol’ tape measure. Until it’s somewhat accurate, I see no point using it.
Developer Response ,
Since your review we have added lots of tutorial videos, and revamped many of the tools to be easier to use and more accurate. Please try the updated version and let us know if it's easier for you.
Great tool in your purse.
Very easy to use. I didn’t net to read the tectorial‘s or watch the videos. Now that I have it I use it all the time whenever I’m out shopping. I never realized how much I needed this app. And plus it is like I said so easy do you I’ve tried others and they were way too complicated. If you’re hesitating yo ahead and download it. I even donate it because it was so good.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Laan Consulting Corp
- 95.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Laan Labs 2020
- In-App Purchases
- Large Tip $7.99
- Small Tip $1.99
- Medium Tip $2.99