Comprehensive database of Airports, Facilities, Gliderports, Seaplane bases and more, in over 200 countries and regions of the world!
SOS Navigation to nearest facilities
NEW FEATURE: Now includes GLOBAL DATABASE!
*ALSO OPTIMIZED FOR iPAD*
Airports-4-Pilots is the most comprehensive database of public and private airports, heliports, gliderports, balloonports, STOLports, ultralights and seaplane bases, covering over 26,000 facilities in all 218 countries and regions of the world, from Afganistan to Zimbabwe.
"Tremendous app: very useful and helpful, with lots of important information at the touch of a finger"
- WRoberts, Chicago
"Lots of info an[d] nice map integration. Good to have offline at some remote airport or location … AOPA should use th[is] instead …"
- FRG Pilot
"Well Done! Very nice App! Pulls up information on the airport in just a couple of seconds. Could really save the day in a real emergency…"
"Well done. Especially like the satellite view of the runway and surrounding area. The amount of data and information is impressive…"
"What an extremely imformative app… The developer did their homework on this one, put so much information in, that you can almost do your flight planning from this app. I have to say it is now one of my favorite avaition apps. I really believe all pilots should invest in this app, you won't go wrong."
"All the information you need for airports in a simple but extremely informative format especially when you need it the most…"
Having aircraft engine trouble? Running low on fuel? No more crash-landing in the parking lot! Airports-4-Pilots will dynamically provide you with a list of the closest landing facilities, public and private, sorted by distance to your present location, and will give also you directions to each located facility, as well as provide a map and comprehensive information on your chosen landing spot.
Airports 4 Pilots provides extra great detail for all public, private and military facilities across the United States, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and Pacific Territories. It includes detailed information on each facilities' runways, operations, contacts, services, supplies, frequencies, FSS and more. It also includes current FAA remarks for each facility, as well as satellite imagery and maps.
Airports-4-Pilots sources current data from a range of sources including the FAA and covers the entire WORLD, from Afganistan to Zimbabwe!
Extra detail coverage is included for ALL US regions areas - Northwest, Southwest, North Central, South Central, East Central, Northeast, Southeast, Alaska, Pacific / Hawaii.
Airports-4-Pilots is fully self contained and does not require an internet connection to operate (with the exception of maps and satellite imagery). Updated data, when releasedA, will be made available via the AppStore.
NOTE: Global Database is available by regional in-app purchases, with the entire USA and territories included free.
Airports-4-Pilots was designed and developed by Ndili Technologies, Inc.
Notes Regarding In-App Purchase of Online Storage Space:
• Title of service: Airports 4 Pilots Data Subscription
• Length of subscription: 1,3, 6 or 12 month options
• Price of subscription: $4.99,$13.99,$24.99,$35.99/year.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
- enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Faulty subscription handling
This app, although “automatically” re-subscribed never has my current subscription. It is always asking me to purchase a new subscription, even when it renewed a week ago, according to App Store records.
Either give me my new database, or give me my money back.
This is a recurring problem that has happened 2 times in last year, and developer site does not advertise a support location to address it directly with them.
Okay+ --but could be better
As a private pilot, I really like this app and find it quite useful, not least 'cos the price isn't really that high. But, it could be more useful if:
1. It would allow me to search on the first display page not only by airport identifier but also by airport name, or even better by airports near (choose your own radius in miles) a major or minor city.
2. It's cute to include all the foreign countries but I suspect few of us will be flying to Albania Latvia or wherever. It all tales up memory. Please let us select which if any countries we want to be able to 'browse."
now available (re: option needed)
There is now an option "all land runways", which is what I need in an SOS context. Cancel my previous gripe; but I wish one could set it up as the default.
The previous version was happy to start up with out-of-date GPS data; I have not yet checked whether the new version does.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ndili Technologies, Inc
- 55.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Ndili Technologies, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Airports Data $4.99
- Airports Data $35.99
- Updated Database valid for August 25, 2011 to October 20, 2011 $0.99
- Updated Database valid for November 18, 2010 to January 13, 2011 $0.99
- Airports Data $14.99
- Updated Database valid for May 5, 2011 to June 30, 2011 $0.99
- Updated Database valid for January 13, 2011 to March 10, 2011 $0.99
- Updated Database valid for June 30, 2011 to August 25, 2011 $0.99
- Database For All Regions $49.99
- Updated Database valid for March 10, 2011 to May 5, 2011 $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.