AirStreamer is a convenient way to play non-quicktime videos on Apple TV.
There are two ways to play non-quicktime videos (MKV, AVI, WMV...) on Apple TV now:
• Convert them to quicktime format.
• Download an Apple TV video player.
But all of them are inconvenient:
• Video conversion takes a long time to complete.
• Apple TV video player cannot play most of videos smoothly, and it also takes a lot of time to transfer video files from Mac to Apple TV or to config file sharing on Mac.
There is a more convenient way to play MKV, AVI, WMV... on Apple TV. It's AirStreamer.
With AirStreamer, no more video conversion, no more file transferring, no more file sharing configuration. Just open your video files and the video playback will start on your Apple TV.
• Mac 2011 and later.
• macOS 10.10 and later.
• Apple TV gen 4 and later.
• Your Mac and Apple TV must be on the same local network.
• It's recommended to place your Mac near the WiFi router.
• Compatible with both tvOS 10.2 and tvOS 11.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs some improvements
Drag and drop of a movie into Air Streamer does not work (need to use the old way: File-Open-select the movie)
Airplay to a computer running a software airplay emuilator does not work (like if you want to stream to a computer running an airplay server running Airserver or x-mirage or 5Kplayer). It works a few seconds then stops or crashes
Airplay to a real AppleTV seems to work (I did not try much as my main use case is to stream to a MacMini running Airserver)
- Khoa Tran Anh
- 15.9 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © ATKSOFT
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.