Introducing Akṣara, a compact and refreshing app to get you familiar with the elusive Indic scripts at your fingertips.
In Akṣara, you can:
• View the Brāhmī alphabet in Latin and Devanāgarī
• Learn the corresponding variants in India’s major official scripts
• Check the historical scripts and their letterforms
• Find out how Indic scripts evolved through history in a simple timeline
Akṣara is designed and developed by 3type, an innovative type foundry based in Shanghai. Enjoy learning! We welcome any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Full iPad support
• Revamped dark mode for iOS 13 and iPadOS 13
• Minor UI improvements and bug fixes
Please note that Akṣara now requires iOS 13, iPadOS 13 or later. But you can still enjoy 1.0 versions of Akṣara on older systems.
Feel free to send us any comments or feedback by tapping the in-app “Send Feedback” button or contact email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you.
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.