MEDICAL CARE FOR YOUR CHILD AT HOME OR ON THE GO.
Quick Care Online connects patients with a board-certified pediatrician, adult physician or advanced practice provider for minor medical conditions through video on a compatible mobile phone, tablet or computer.
Quick Care Online is currently available to:
• Akron Children’s Hospital employees and their dependents that are insured through one of Akron Children’s Medical Mutual of Ohio health plans
• Children and adults in the state of Ohio with common minor complaints
Those under age 18 will be seen by Akron Children’s Hospital pediatric physicians and advanced practice providers from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (EST) 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Those who are age 18 and older will be seen by Teladoc physicians 24/7/365.
Through Quick Care Online, our health care providers can diagnose, recommend treatment and prescribe medication online, if medically necessary, for many minor health issues, including:
• Burns (minor/sunburn)
• Cough, cold, congestion, and flu symptoms (mild)
• Cuts (minor)
• Sore throat
• Skin rashes or infection
• Eye redness, itching, or drainage
• Insect bites/stings
• Vomiting (mild)
• Diarrhea (mild)
• Sinus problems
• Fever (mild and patient must be > 3 months of age)
o If during your visit the medical provider determines an in-person exam or higher level of care is needed, you will be referred for additional testing and/or treatment.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Request a consult: Download and open the Akron Children’s Quick Care Online app. Create your account, provide a brief medical history, request a virtual consult, and submit payment information for the online health consult.
Talk to a provider: Within minutes, a board-certified health care provider will review your medical history and connect with you on your mobile phone, mobile device or compatible computer. Teladoc consults have no time limit; you can speak to the provider for as long as you’d like.
Pick up a prescription: The provider will discuss the medical issue with you, answer your questions and recommend next steps. If medically necessary, a prescription can be submitted to a local pharmacy of your choice.
The Quick Care Online app allows subscribers to:
• Authenticate your Akron Children’s Quick Care Online account.
• Talk to a board-certified health care provider from anywhere.
• Create and update your medical history.
• Update your personal, contact, login and billing information.
• Utilize Apple Health integration on iOS devices to enable your provider to form a better diagnosis.
For more information, visit www.akronchildrens.org/quickcareonline.
Enhancements and Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Daughter had a bout of nausea and vomiting. I created an account which was super easy, entered all information which was super easy also. 5 minutes later I was live with a doc who did a quick but thorough exam and had a script from zofran called in. Easy peasy. Friday night saved!
This app claims to have doctors who treat pediatric UTIs over virtual visit. It does not. I do not have health insurance and paid $50 for a doctor to tell me to see our pediatrician because UTIs cannot be treated over the phone (a total untruth). That would have been fine except the website claims they do.
Unable to create an account
Horrible app unable to create an account for my daughter.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Children's Hospital Medical Center of Akron
- 111.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Teladoc is a trademark of Teladoc Health, Inc. © 2022 Teladoc Health, Inc. All rights reserved