When disaster strikes, get more information and take appropriate action to protect yourself and your family.
Use the Alberta Emergency Alert App to be informed in the event of an emergency.
Disaster can occur anywhere, at anytime. It is your responsibility to ensure you are prepared if a disaster occurs. Alberta Emergency Alerts are issued to assist you—providing you with critical information about an immediate disaster, where it is occurring and what action you need to take.
Key features of the Alberta Emergency Alert App include:
• alerts for life threatening and developing situations
• alerts targeted for locations you are interested in
• a Follow Me feature to receive alerts for near your current location, even if traveling outside of Alberta
• geographical alert area shown on a map
• alerts can be easily shared on social media, and by email and text message
• alert details include informative emergency descriptions, impacted areas and instructions on how to remain safe
• easy setup and use
• accessibility features allow full use by people with different abilities
In addition to this mobile app, Alberta Emergency Alerts are also distributed to the public through various other outlets:
• Radio and Television
• RSS Feed
• Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Road Signage
Public Safety is everyone’s responsibility!
Stop ● Listen ● Respond
Use of this mobile application, and use of the information accessed by it, is your responsibility. This application is provided ‘as is,' without warranty or representation of any kind including the use, accuracy, timelines, applicability, performance, security, availability or reliability of this application, or that it is free of errors or defects. The Government of Alberta is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from the use of this mobile application or any reliance on the information accessed by it. The Government of Alberta is not responsible for any loss or damage arising out of a failure to access information through this mobile application, or from any virus or other damage to your mobile device or its operating system resulting from the downloading of this application.
• An option to show all or only unread alerts
• Improved layout and formatting on the alert details screen
• Improved settings capability including being able to set locations to receive alerts for by dropping a pin on the map
• A better experience for personalizing the types of advisory alerts you receive
• Performance optimizations, bug fixes and other improvements
Ratings and Reviews
On the AE alert Facebook page, could you please write the location of the emergency in a more prominent font so we aren’t forced to go to the app. Sometimes the location is difficult to spot but time may be wasted going to the App trying to find out if it is near you.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Government Of The Province Of Alberta
- 48.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Government of Alberta