Severe weather, floods, tornados, wildfires, earthquakes, bio-hazards and other disastrous events and hazards threaten our safety in Canada more than ever.
Use the Alertable app to be notified of disasters and hazards for chosen locations.
There is also a Follow Me option so that you can be alerted of emergencies wherever you are.
• Canada wide alerts, from Canada’s Alert Ready emergency alert system
• local level alerts, for local disasters and hazards
• fast, high optimized alert notifications
• severity, critical and advisory alerts
• location specific, alerts for only locations you are interested in
• follow me, alerts for where you are at
• maps, helpful for seeing the geographical area the alert is for
• sharable, alerts can be shared on social media, email and text message
• informative, emergency descriptions, impact areas and instructions on how to remain safe
• usability, easy to setup and use
• accessible, full use by people with different abilities
• bi-lingual, English/French
• Updates to alert locations
• Other minor improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Shouldn’t be in the US App Store
But more importantly it’s a dumb app. Many areas aren’t selectable unless you know the name the developer uses. A good example are Indian reservations. They’re still in that particular city and it’s missed.
It’s imperative to pull this app until one can press and select the areas one wishes to be notified!!
Without this, it’s terrible programming and more or less useless. Who wants to spend 15 minutes selecting a particular area or district. Uninstalled.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear Alertable did not meet your expectations. Locations are only available in Canada at this time.
Filled the need for US travel to Canada
I’m going to stick up for this app. We were going to Montreal from the US and I wanted an app that would give me weather alerts while there. WeatherCAN isn’t available in the US store but Alertable is. So there is a good reason to have it in the US store.
Got several alerts including severe thunderstorm watches and warnings as well as a heat warning.
It will remain on my phone ready for the next trip into Canada.
Did not include any city in CALIFORNIA?!
The most populated state in the USA and not one city, not even Sacramento, shows up in the search. Fix please.😠😠
Developer Response ,
Hi, the Alertable app only alerts for Canada locations at this time.
- Public Emergency Alerting Services Inc
- 55.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Public Emergency Alerting Services Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.