Alexander publishes diverse, truly international audio entertainment. Original true stories about culture, sexuality, love, death, nature, science and society, to accompany you wherever you go.
Alexander stories come from many cultures and ethnicities: from Zimbabwe, Nigeria, China, Lebanon, Iran, Trinidad, Singapore, the Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Canada, France, India, Syria, Australia, South America, the US and the UK. But they all come from somewhere else, too. A conviction that we understand the world best when we use our imagination to engage with it.
This winter, Alexander launches a themed season on water ecosystems. Stories on the lives of endangered aquatic species such as the dugong and vaquita, and the people who exist alongside them. Stories on the futuristic powers of seaweed, the rights-of-nature movements conferring personhood on rivers, and the beautiful, otherworldly lifeforms flourishing deep beneath the Antarctic ice. Stories from the waterworlds all over our blue planet.
- ACCLAIMED WRITERS. Exclusive, hour-long original features written by the finest authors and journalists working today.
- CELEBRATED NARRATORS. The best-known actors from around the world narrate each story for an extraordinary listening experience.
- NEW EXCLUSIVE FEATURES, EVERY TWO WEEKS. Themes range from culture to crime, Hollywood to the environment, science to sexuality.
- CURATED BY EXPERTS - NOT BY ALGORITHMS. Filter our collection for new releases, topical themes and your favorite writers.
- NO ADS, NOW AND FOREVER. We will always provide an ad-free experience.
- MOVE SEAMLESSLY BETWEEN TEXT AND AUDIO. Tap anywhere in the text to start narration, make a note, share a quote, or look up a word in the dictionary.
- TRY ANY OF OUR STORIES FOR FREE. Browse our expanding constellation of original features.
We're always working to improve our app and your experience!
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent app, but with a feature request
Fantastic app and stories - very refreshing in a world of algorithmic timelines and influencers. However, I would really love if it were integrated into the standard iPhone media player - so it can be played/paused from the lock screen, controlled via headphones, etc. I’m sure there’s plenty of new stuff in the pipeline; and to me this seems like it should be one of the priorities, especially since audio is such a major component.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, the feature you asked for has been Alexander now since January. We hope this is enhancing your experience with the app and we will continue to make improvements. Thanks.
The app I’m never deleting
I’ve deleted most apps from my phone to avoid wasting hours on things that don’t really enrich my life in the end. Alexander though, is a keeper. For me, it’s the only world I can enter from my phone, where I feel richer post experience. I learn something new and also learn about myself. It offers something for all my moods both in user experience - being able to switch from audio to reading to video however I please - and in content. There’s a great library with mixed topics that make you relate or reflect or even upset - which stimulates my brain. Most of all, I love the quality. Amazing writing, talented and experienced actors delivering the audio and the little trailers are like a mini movie experience. It encompasses everything one could ask for in storytelling and it’s done RIGHT. It’s an app I’m actually happy to subscribe to and support in its growth. I look forward to what will be released. Highly recommend.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the glowing review. We really appreciate it.
Changing my initial review to 3. The content is great so I purchased the subscription.
Two days later the app still won’t open, anything I do just spots out “give us the money” page. While within the app I’m “subscribed” and the confirmation from Apple states the money went though their response was very lax and casual as to go through the process again (I did, twice, even though I’m already subscribed), nada. So still waiting for something to happen. If they won’t fix it will have to contact Apple and get a refund and worst of all, waste time on this all. Annoyed.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander Technology and Media Limited
- 46.1 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2021 Alexander
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $4.99
- Annual Subscription $119.00
- Annual Subscription $49.99
- Monthly Subscription $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.