A collection of linked augmentative communication pages for an "emergent" AAC user first being exposed to AAC. Includes pages for both home and school, including pages for eating, drinking, washing up, needs, favorites, school subjects, teachers & classmates, calendar days, months, dates, and years, math operations, numbers 0-30, animals, transportation, science, spelling, songs, games, toys, and much more. This version uses real photos. (We offer this product in several versions with different symbol sets.)
Age: Preschool to 13 (language is just emerging)
Setting: Home & school
Voice: Boy (AT&T Natural Voice w/ pitch shift)
Language: US English
Grid size: 3 rows x 3 cols
Symbol set: Real photos
No. pgs: 86 plus 2 Core Words pages
• Emphasis on Core Words
• Easy editing and customization
• Add an unlimited number of speaking, linking pages
• Camera image acquisition directly in the cells
• Access to all provided images and user images
• Easily show, dim, or hide cells
• Opacity of dimmed cells is fully adjustable
• Dimmed cells remain active or can be disabled
• Restore lets you delete pages and bring them back
• Text-to-speech and recorded audio
• Word prediction with a 150k word library
• Optional word learning and tracking of frequency of word use
• 1x-3x cell magnification for low vision (scanning and direct select modes)
• Page previews and a search bar
• Undo button
• Direct access to social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and email
• 30-day user activity log in AAC Institute's LAM format
• Data tracking with privacy toggle and recording indicator
• iCloud backup may be enabled
• One- and two-switch scanning
• Sequential and row/column scanning
• Auditory preview
• Bluetooth and direct touch scanning
• Supports RJ Cooper, AbleNet, Therapy Box, and Inclusive Technology Bluetooth switches
• New voices and languages! Choose from Apple's large selection of TTS voices to generate speech output in a variety of voices & languages.
• Select different TTS voices for spoken output and auditory previews.
• Improved search feature includes AAC page content so you can quickly locate words on AAC pages.
• Easier page creation with auto-fill column and picture width entries.
• Faster cell editing with spoken text autofill during label text entry.
• iTunes file sharing lets you backup your pages to a computer.
• Coach marks help new users navigate the app's features.
Ratings and Reviews
Too simplified- Get Child Home instead
I downloaded this at the same time as Alexicom Elements Child Home and found this one to be too simplified even for my 3 year old. Child Home was a better fit and offered more options for the price. Both apps have thier pros and cons and you can read my review of Child Home as well to see if it is worth a try for your child.
Developer Response ,
Hello! I'm so happy to hear your child is beyond an emerging communicator and is finding Child home to work for you. Please contact Apple to get a refund for the app you did not use.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Alexicom Tech LLC
- 32.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2019 Alexicom Tech LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.