A fun and didactic app to learn computer science algorithms!
See how algorithms are working by watching an animation of their execution. Understand how data is manipulated as it is animated through an intuitive representation of its contents. Always know which line is executed in the pseudo-code, what are the values of the variables.
Need to quickly refresh your memory? Just use the app as a quick reference on the main characteristics of each algorithm!
- Execute a single instruction, or undo the previous one
- Run, or rewind the algorithm until you decide to pause the execution
- Adjust the speed of the animation
- Best and worst case input data for sorting algorithms
- Change the input data: size (up to 500), maximum value or data distribution (random, sorted, many duplicates, etc.)
- For data structures, choose the next function to execute, or let a scenario choose for you, so you can see how the data structure evolves.
- Landscape or portrait orientation
This version contains the following algorithms:
Linear Data Structures:
- Bubble Sort
- Cocktail Sort
- Gnome Sort
- Insertion Sort
- Quick Sort
- Selection Sort
More algorithms and more features are on the way!
- Fixed a bug with 'while' loops and undo, where the first iteration was not undone;
- Fixed a UI bug where undoing an assignment to a variable moved the value from the wrong place;
- Fixed a random crash occurring when 'Done' was tapped while an animation was running;
- Fixed a random crash while animating Queues or Stacks with high speed and auto-generation of the next method to execute;
Ratings and Reviews
A wonderful way to visualize algorithms
I love this app! It has made it easy for me to understand sorting algorithms. I truly hope the developer adds additional examples as I would love to learn more. I'd also be happy to pay to support this great app.
The animations are superb in explaining how algorithms work. I just hope that the algorithms that are added in the future have equally superb animations. Definitely gonna keep an eye out for this one.
Need I say more.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.