Algorithms HQ 4+
Designed for iPad
A fun and didactic app to learn computer science algorithms!
See how algorithms are working by watching an animation of their execution. Understand how data is manipulated as it is animated through an intuitive representation of its contents. Always know which line is executed in the pseudo-code, what are the values of the variables.
Need to quickly refresh your memory? Just use the app as a quick reference on the main characteristics of each algorithm!
- Execute a single instruction, or undo the previous one
- Run, or rewind the algorithm until you decide to pause the execution
- Adjust the speed of the animation
- Best and worst case input data for sorting algorithms
- Change the input data: size (up to 500), maximum value or data distribution (random, sorted, many duplicates, etc.)
- For data structures, choose the next function to execute, or let a scenario choose for you, so you can see how the data structure evolves.
- Landscape or portrait orientation
This version contains the following algorithms:
Linear Data Structures:
- Linked Lists, including a view on memory
- Bubble Sort
- Cocktail Sort
- Gnome Sort
- Insertion Sort
- Quick Sort
- Selection Sort
More algorithms and more features are on the way!
New linear data structure with Linked Lists! With a view on the memory to see where data is allocated and accessed with pointers.
Ratings and Reviews
A wonderful way to visualize algorithms
I love this app! It has made it easy for me to understand sorting algorithms. I truly hope the developer adds additional examples as I would love to learn more. I'd also be happy to pay to support this great app.
The animations are superb in explaining how algorithms work. I just hope that the algorithms that are added in the future have equally superb animations. Definitely gonna keep an eye out for this one.
Need I say more.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cyril Carrez
- 4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Cyril Carrez