How will you survive?
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Marooned on a decaying space station, the Sevastopol, you’ll enter a desperate struggle for survival as you are stalked by a terrifying, deadly Alien. As Ellen Ripley’s daughter Amanda, stay alert and out of sight as you search to uncover the secrets of your mother’s fate in this superbly-realised survival horror game set fifteen years after Alien™.
Haunted by a few panicked survivors, the Sevastopol is a labyrinthine environment that conceals clues to its own downfall. You’ll crawl through air vents, hack computer systems and deploy the available tech to evade the Alien, whose dynamic behavior evolves after each encounter.
Important information regarding Alien: Isolation - The Collection:
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• Supports over 100 different models of gamepad. For a full list check the Feral support site.
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0GHz Intel, RAM: 4.0GB, Graphics: 1.0GB, Free Space: 35.0GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: AMD Radeon HD 4xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, ATI X1xxx series, Intel Iris 6100, Intel HD4000, Intel HD5300, Intel HD5000, Intel HD3000, Intel HD6000, Intel Iris 5100, Intel GMA series, NVIDIA 8xxx series, NVIDIA 3xx series, NVIDIA 9xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 1xx series.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Case-sensitive.
• You can find out more about the game on the Alien: Isolation - The Collection mini-site at feralinteractive.com/alienisolation
Alien: Isolation, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 TM & © 2014 – 2015 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All rights reserved. Twentieth Century Fox, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and their associated logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. Alien: Isolation game software, excluding Twentieth Century Fox elements © SEGA. Originally developed by The Creative Assembly Limited. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Creative Assembly and the Creative Assembly logo are either registered trade marks or trade marks of The Creative Assembly Limited. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Corporation. All rights reserved. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. Without limiting the rights under copyright, unauthorised copying, adaptation, rental, lending, distribution, extraction, re-sale, renting, broadcast, public performance, or transmissions by any means of this Game or accompanying documentation or part thereof is prohibited except as otherwise permitted by SEGA.
• Fixes an occasional crash on launch
• Fixes a number of minor issues
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing game but no 60 FPS
This is the greatest horror game ever made. Alien isolation was to 2014 what Silent hill 2 was to 2001. It deserves a sequel or a remake. I bought the game on PC, Playstation 4, Xbox series X, Nintendo switch, and now Mac. The soul of the game is still there with all the DLC. So why do I give it 4 stars instead of 5? There’s 2 reasons. I have the most recent Macbook air but it doesn't run at 60 FPS mode like does for Xbox and PC. The second reason is that my purchase doesn’t transfer over to the iPhone and iPad versions. Those versions are another $15 but I paid $40 for the Mac version and it doesn’t rollover to the iPhone and iPad ecosystem. That’s not cool. I want to be clear, I’m speaking as a fan and not a troll. If you think my criticism is unfair then let me know.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your purchase of Alien Isolation.
We have found that Macs with Apple M1 chips have a performance issue when running the game with SSAO enabled. This setting is disabled by default, but if you have enabled SSAO we recommend that you disable it via Options > Video from the main menu.
We are unable to provide an iOS version of the game for a macOS purchase as each platform is developed independently, with separate development costs. The same would apply if you owned an iOS version - we would not be able to provide a macOS version as the games are separate development projects and releases.
If you have any further feedback, please let us know directly via firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, Feral, for bringing such a great adventure to the Mac! I enjoyed the great combination of adventure, stealth, and FPS. Yes, it was hard sometimes, but the save points get more frequent in the later chapters of the story, which made it less frustrating. My audio may be different than others, but the beep of the save stations was not intrusive. Rather, it was a great relief to hear that there was one nearby! There are some surprises, and even some humor. Fortunately, I could laugh out loud without the monster or a synthetic hearing me.
Even some failures are (sort of) fun. It has been a long time since I have felt exhilaration like I did when yanked from my hiding place because I wasn’t being quiet enough!
I’m using a Macbook Pro 2015, and I did choose to run at less than max graphics resolution in order to keep it very responsive, since quick, precise action is sometimes needed. It still looked great and was fully enjoyable despite some frustrating stretches. It was hours of immersive fun and excitement. I took a chance, paying a fairly high price for it, but it was worth every penny.
After recveving a fix from developer the game is running smoothgly!!!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for updating your review. We hope you continue to enjoy the game!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Feral Interactive Ltd
- 20.9 GB
- Requires macOS 10.10.3 or later.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Alien: Isolation, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 TM & © 2014 – 2015 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.