"Alina String Ensemble is, of course, something of a niche app. " from MUSIC APP BLOG
“I cant tell you how pleased and excited I am that this simulation of the absolute classic Solina String Ensemble is coming to iOS” from thesoundtestroom
Alina String Ensemble is a musical keyboard application for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch that simulates the Solina String Ensemble. The sound is in reference to Solina String Ensemble (Serial number "SERIES 22, No.0093158”) manufactured by N.V. EMINENT BODEGRAVEN HOLLAND in the 70’s. You are sure to be surprised at the real sound generated from this App.
- Pre-loaded with 6 instruments including Viola, Violin, Brass, Horn, Cello, Contra Bass
- 49key, 4-octave Keyboards with scrollable
- iOS 11 compatible
- Optimized appearance on iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X
- Core MIDI and MIDI over Bluetooth LE compatible
- Supports Audiobus 3 and Inter-App Audio
- Scrollable Keyboard & dual Keyboards(Only iPad)
- BASS tone(Cello, Contra Bass) is assigned on lowest 20 keys
- Built-in Reverb that simulates a spring reverb
- Modulation that can adjust the rate and depth
Special thanks: Jun Kawabata courtesy of AIRPLANE LABEL & Studio Peach Blue Peach
Support latest iOS / iPadOS version
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A Thick, Classic Sound in Your Pocket
I've never played a real Solina before -- and, given the prices of vintage gear, probably never will. This app gets me as close as I need to that thick 70s string sound. On the original gear, the envelope options were a little crude; and with some settings, you'll hear a sucking sound at the end of notes. If vintage is what you want, that's the true vintage sound. If, at some point, the developer adds an option to use modern, polyphonic envelopes in place of the single, vintage-style envelope, I'll turn it on and leave it on. In the meantime, I'm enjoying this classic sound.
"The string machine you can't afford"
That's what this sounds like. For a few bucks.
For me, it's directly out of my early new wave dreams. You could buy a used iPhone and a used MIDI controller and have *that* sound, ready to go for considerably less than the real thing. Easy easy buy.
Do not waste your money
This app costs too much money for what you get. The sound effects are terrible. Wish I could get my money back.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.