"all 4 hue" is the most sophisticated app for Philips Hue. This very complete app provides much more features and stability than all competing apps.
This app is available as free version without advertisements but with some limitations. The free version can be used for unlimited duration. It is suggested to use the free version to check if the app fits to the users needs. In case of further interest additional features can be activated via in-app purchase to enjoy the complete feature set of the app. The app is available in German and English language. The app is continously improved.
Overview (some features):
- Configure all your lights, groups and rooms.
- Create, edit, delete and activate scenes. Scenes are stored in your hue bridge and can be accessed from all your devices.
- Create, edit and delete timers and alarms with a lot of different actions and store them in the hue bridge.
- Create, edit and delete rules with a lot of different conditions and actions and store them in the hue bridge. Use rules to program all supported sensors (see below).
- Use the integrated rule wizard to create complex rule constructions really quick, e.g. switch from one scene to the next one when you press a hue tap button multiple times, use buttons of tap and dimmer with different functions depending on time or ambient light situation, etc. There are unlimited possibilities.
- Manage all connected Philips hue sensors: Hue tap, hue dimmer, hue presence sensor, hue ambient light sensor and hue temperature sensor are supported. Additionally "Friends of hue" switches can be used.
- The app can access and configure up to 5 hue bridges.
- This app requires a Philips hue bridge (V1 or V2).
- This app supports hue tap, hue dimmer, hue presence sensor, hue ambient light sensor and hue temperature sensor.
- This app supports switches, which are "Friends of hue" certified.
- This app can only be used within the local network, because Philips does not allow third party apps to connect to the Hue bridge from the internet without a special contract between developer and Philips. This is not a bug in the app.
Please feel free to participate in the community:
In case of any suggestions or technical problems the author would like to receive a mail instead of a bad rating. Ratings with 1 star without any reason or comment do not help to improve the app. Thank you!
New extension available to support Friends of hue switches from third-party manufacturers. More information can be found in section Activation.
Ratings and Reviews
all 4 HUE hits a triple
The app all 4 HUE is the easiest app to use to control your Hue lights. Other apps have such complicated “rules” and the timers are horrible. I’ve been on Apple Mac’s since 1989 so I can usually navigate to find a solution to fit my needs but not on most Hue apps. All I need to do now is figure out how to separate lights in a group so I can put alternate “turn off” on one of them. I bet I find it relatively quick! Thank you all 4 HUE crew.
Developer Response ,
You can easily create new light groups in the section "Groups & Rooms" in the app. Just press the PLUS symbol in the title bar in this section and select the lights you want to group in the new group with the checkboxes. If you want to have only one light in your new group, just select one of them. If you need further assistance, please contact email@example.com and your request will be answered within 12h. Thank you.
Lag with the app, in coordination with the website, caused the extension to be purchased rather than the main app upgrade. But they have ignored multiple emails about it. They need to rip off customers in order to make a living apparently. Bad business.
Response to developer - I’m sorry if I gave the impression that I was 15 and ignorant. I am not. I emailed you from the app at the email you include below and that was approximately 1.5-2 weeks ago. I am quite aware that this is a 3rd party app also. When I purchased the upgrade, I first clicked on the multi upgrade and realized what it was and then went to the correct one. However, due to lag in the system the purchase ended up being the first one rather than the correct one and this I have the extension portion without having the upgrade of the main part (when I had no need for the extension). I emailed all of this to your email and had no reply. Only then did I give the review.
Second response - I check my spam filter daily due to work concerns and it has not come on. But I got your second one over the weekend and responded to it (also over the weekend). Note, the second arrived without issue. You may tell me what you first said or resend that one. Your second did not address my issue, it was only a repeat of your response here.
Developer Response ,
[EDIT 14.01.2018] I received your first mail on Dec, 30 2:43 PM (Germany local time) and replied to it on Dec, 30 3:48 PM. The response time was only 1 hour! Yesterday I received your second mail request on Jan, 13 03:36 AM and replied to it on Jan, 13 08:32 AM, response time was 5 hours due to time shift. I cannot image where the mails got lost, but it was not on my side. Please check your SPAM filter. If you still did not receive any mail from me please write from another mail account. Thank you.
Finally an app that allows you to easily save scenes. I can now group the same lights into different scenes. One suggestion: make the scene selector a toggle on and off. It would be great to turn the lights in a scene off with the same button. Good app with some room for improvement but I'm glad I found it.
- Rene Wahl
- 36.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017, 2018, 2019 Dr. Rene Wahl
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to full version $3.99
- Up to 5 hue bridges $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.