Simply the best bird guide out there for Trinidad & Tobago with 1,200 superb illustrations and 972 songs and calls - content taken from 2 books!
*** This mobile field guide includes all 492 bird species likely to be found on the islands of Trinidad & Tobago. This makes this app the one and only to date mobile bird guide to this region! The content is mainly derived from Bloomsbury's Helm Guide "Birds of Trinidad and Tobago". Covering 492 species with 1,200 superb illustrations and 972 songs and calls. All distinct plumages including all variations and subspecies are illustrated. ***
The app's content is mainly based on the second edition of "Birds of Trinidad and Tobago" by Martyn Kenefick, Robin Restall and Floyd Hayes. Comprehensive descriptions for each species were taken from the renowned two volume reference work "Birds of Northern South America" by Robin Restall, Clemencia Rodner, and Miguel Lentino. The app also contains some species which haven't been recorded on T&T so far but are likely to be spotted if known what to look out for (some swallows and swifts). All of these are illustrated too. The creation of apps from the books is a co-production between Bloomsbury Plc and Sunbird Images.
With over half a million downloads and over 100 apps published to date Sunbird Images became the true market leader in mobile field guides in recent years.
SUNBIRD apps have been featured over 300 times by Apple in different countries, and appeared in many magazines, newspapers such as the Times, the Telegraph and described as "incredibly useful" by ITV's Seth Convey and "lovely" by Adam Vaughan of the Guardian.
This app is part of the Sunbird Images BLUE LABEL series. Our BLUE LABEL series are top notch digital field guides which provide the most comprehensive data available for a region or taxon. They stand for completeness including even the very rare species and vagrants which have only been recorded once in a region. Even the rare species are illustrated and described in detail featured with a full species account.
- Includes all 492 bird species of Trinidad and Tobago
- Select species of each country separately
- 1,200 illustrations show all subspecies + geographic, age and sex variants
- Most advanced Compare Mode of any bird app - compare up to 16 species images / songs / maps
- 972 bird songs and calls
- Sonograms of all songs + details where songs were recorded
- Detailed distribution maps of Northern South America down to subspecies level
- Introduction contains detailed hints and links on bird watching on the islands
- Create sighting lists and sort by place, date, group, and name
- Automatically plots all birds on a map via GPS (editable)
- Make notes for each bird spotted
- A simple id key makes species identification easy
- Sort and display species: A–Z, 6 different languages, taxonomic listing
*** Ornithomedia writes: "Ergonomie agréable et claire" ***
Choose between 6 bird name languages:
English, Latin, Spanish, French, Dutch, German
Narrow species down by foot colour, bill shape, tail length etc. leading to the bird searched for plus a choice of similar species. You can also look for fragments of a species name – the search for “finch“ shows all the species which include the word “finch“ in the species’ name.
***A graphically well-designed layout – easy to use with large lettering.***
Once downloaded no internet connection needed – just download the app and start birding! The app will be continuously developed further. All updates are free of charge.
Visit our internet support site for more information www.sunbird.tv. We are happy, if you like our app. Please don't hesitate to email us if you have any questions or suggestions or comments at: email@example.com
Some bird name issues have been resolved, also we have updated the app to the latest iOS version, enjoy!
Ratings and Reviews
I love the sounds !!!!
All Birds Trinidad and Tobago
We have been using this app during our recent travels in Trinidad and Tobago and really appreciated the bird calls. We wish photos were also part of this app even though the illustrations are very good.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Mullen & Pohland GbR
- 902.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Sunbird Images® 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.