WiFiRemote is a 8-in-1 wireless remote control for iPhone and iPod Touch. It is the most feature rich wireless remote of its kind.
This program includes:
1. Three buttons multi-touch touch pad
2. Textpad with Chinese handwriting recognition input method support.
3. Full feature landscape keyboard.
4. Accelerometer mouse.
5. Media player and Media Center remote for Windows.
6. Front row, QuickTime and iTunes remote for Mac OSX.
7. User configurable keys
8. Application launch pad.
9. WOL Wake-On-LAN support.
Touch pad - Includes all typical touch pad functions plus multi-touch support. You can use two finger tap on the screen to perform right click and two finger slide on the screen to perform vertical scrolling.
Text pad - Allows you to compose text on your iPhone/iPod Touch before sending to remote PC. This function is also compatible with the Chinese handwriting recognition input method. You may use this program as a wireless Chinese writing pad.
Keyboard - Full feature 70 key landscape keyboard. Includes all the keys you need.
Mouse - Three buttons accelerometer mouse. Tilt your iPhone/iPod Touch up, down, left, or right to move the mouse in the direction you want it to go.
Media remote control – Supports most frequent used keys for WMP11/MCE for Windows and iTunes/Front Row/QuickTime for Mac OSX.
User configurable keys - Includes 18 user configurable keys. Allows you to define your own shortcut keys for the best of your convenience.
Application launch pad - Automatically imports the application shortcuts from quick launch toolbar/Dock for Windows/OSX. Allows user to launch favourite application easily. No configuration required.
1. Easy to use! WiFiRemote automatically searches for the receiver's IP address.
2. Multiple remote PCs support. IP addresses can be stored for later use.
3. Uses WiFi networking to control any PC or laptop within the WiFi network coverage.
4. Includes a magnifying glass function in the receiver application. Small on screen objects can now be easily viewed. Click on the magnifying glass button on Touch pad to enable/disable the magnifying
5. Option to turn off the remote PC/Mac when disconnected. Now you can turn off your PC/Mac remotely by clicking couple of buttons.
1. iPhone or iPod Touch with firmware version 2.2.
2. iPhone 3G has to switch to WiFi mode.
3. Any PC or laptop running WinXP,Vista, Windows 7 or Mac OSX 10.5 and above.
4. Your iPhone/iPod Touch and the receiver PC must be on the same subnet.
5. The receiver application must be downloaded and installed on your PC or Mac.
The receiver application can be downloaded from our web site:
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app in theory
I have used this app for a few months now and thought I would put in my two cents… This app works GREAT once it is up and running. My biggest issue with the app is the fact that it crashes about 90% of the time after opening it. After it crashes I open it and it works fine the second time around. If you do not back all of the way out of the application before going back to the home screen then it will crash for sure, I f you do exit all the way back out then it will crash around 15-20% of the time. I currently run my 3GS on 4.2.1 and have all of the updates. I know the last update said it fixed crashes in 4.2 but it seems to crash just as much now as it did before. If it wasn’t for the fact that I have to open up the app twice to use it pretty much every time I want to use it I would have given this app 5 stars.
Great App...needs new Keyboard though
This app is great. Recently, I have hooked my laptop up to my big screen. I have an ipod touch 2nd gen and it works fine, and I also have Vista and havent run into any problems as of yet. The only exceptions are the keyboard. It is a little crammed in there. I don't think that the function keys are necessary in the main display. (Maybe make a button that activates function keys instead??) It could just be that I'm not used to it yet however... The mouse that is used by movement of the ipod/iphone itself needs more getting used to I guess as well. I prefer the touchpad over the mouse. The price may seem a little too steep at first, but it definitely saves me from getting a huge, bulky wireless keyboard and mouse though. That being said, 4.99 is definitely fine enough for me. Overall, I am surely satisfied with my purchase.
Cool app. Needs some adjustments.
1. Keyboard is strangly organized, it would be better if they used the regular iphone/ipod touch keyboard.
2. There should be an option so that the mouse buttons on the touchpad should be at the top.
3. The shortcuts are in an inconvient place.
4. The accelrometer mouse needs a sensitivity adjustment.
5. They put controls for Windows Media Player/Windows Media Center, why didn't they put controls for iTunes? Makes no sense, why would they put controls for WMP but not iTunes, since people that have iPods use iTunes.
1. Everything works as expected.
2. touchpad mouse works well and doesn't lag or jump around randomly.
3. Easy setup. Just type the web address under the description.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.