All Things Money (ATM) was created with the mindset that good finance software doesn’t need to be expensive, to contain advertisements, or to log into your bank account. It should be comprehensive and provide interconnected services. It should also be efficient by supporting multiple input formats, auto-completing certain fields, and automatically logging recurring transactions. ATM delivers on these goals and more.
If you are curious, please give it a try. Download All Things Money Lite for free to determine whether ATM is a good fit for you. When you want to upgrade, use the export and import menu options to transfer data between apps.
ATM capabilities include the following.
- The innovative layout gives perspective to all of your liquid assets.
- Track bank, credit card, stock market, and U.S. savings bond accounts.
- Calculate net worth.
- Sort transactions.
- Split transactions.
- Add memos to transactions.
- Import bank, credit card, and stock market transactions from QIF and CSV files.
- Import bank and credit card transactions from OFX files. (At this time, stock market transactions are not supported via OFX imports.)
- Import U.S. savings bonds from treasurydirect.gov HTML files.
- ATM auto-fills payee names and categories.
- The bank-account paradigm enables you to earmark money.
- Track payments and deposits.
- Track automatic stock market trades that are typical of 401k-type accounts.
- Elect to automatically move up bill dates to avoid weekends and U.S. holidays.
- ATM supports the following payment intervals: daily, weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, once every four months, semi-annually, annually, bi-annually.
Stay on Budget
- Create a budget based on transactions from the prior year.
- Update budget goals based on your expected bills and deposits.
- Update actuals from account transactions.
- ATM supports annual, monthly, and custom-period budgets.
- ATM provides color-coded alerts to track spending excess.
Plan for Retirement
- Seed the retirement calculator with your account information.
- Calculate how much money you will have when you retire.
- Calculate the annuity that your retirement will generate.
- ATM also includes a general-purpose, compound-interest calculator that has six unique equations and two combination options for expediency. This calculator enables reverse computations; it calculates how much money you need to retire based on your desired annuity, interest rate, and life expectancy.
Monitor the Stock Market
- Create a watch list that saves stock symbols and time intervals.
- Display a stock’s price and volume alongside technical indicators like Bollinger Bands and Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD).
- ATM supports daily and weekly stock charts.
- Create an amortization table and track your mortgage balance as you pay down principal.
- Compare the costs of buying and renting.
- Keep track of your collections.
- Generate plots of net worth and stock prices.
Minimum requirements: screen resolution of 1280 x 800 or higher.
The All Things Money 1.4.0 update improves functionality and stability, and is recommended for all users.
New features include:
- Enabled QFX files with transactions to be imported.
- When importing a file, if transaction categories are not specified then they will be automatically set to the last category used by the payee.
- Added stock market technical indicators for Aroon, Money Flow, Relative Strength, and Fast Stochastic.
- Added the ability to simultaneously view weekly and daily stock technicals.
Stability improvements include:
- Added support for importing files with international character encodings.
- Fixed two bugs that affected printing functionality.
- Fixed QIF exports, which incorrectly had a percent symbol in the date field.
- Fixed international currency formatting of the payment and deposit columns.
For detailed release notes, please visit: http://www.delullosoftware.com/apps/AllThingsMoney/ReleaseNotes.pdf
Ratings and Reviews
Not User Friendly
I have used many software programs and do own an old version of Quicken so I am somewhat intuitive when it comes to programs. This app is not user friendly at all. I took the one existing “generic” bank account that already was in the “Banks” section and renamed it to my checking account. That’s as far as I got for adding accounts. If it is this difficult to try and figure out how to create new bank accounts (checking, savings, credit card, money market, etc.) then this app is completely useless. I just downloaded the app and have spent a good 45 minutes trying to figure out how to add another bank account without any luck. Please credit back my $10 to my Apple account. Deleting app now.
Developer Response ,
To add a new bank, use the Accounts menu which is located next to the Apple menu. Accounts -> Add -> Bank.
To add a new account under an existing bank, use the menu option Accounts -> Add -> Account.
Page three of the user’s guide briefly mentions this. The user’s guide can be downloaded from the Help menu. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
It’s difficult to use in so many ways. Not to mention that no tab works except “Accounts.” When I click on the others, nothing happens. Nothing. I got he app because the photos show some really helpful options…none of which actually work in real life.
Good app/great support!
Good app for what I need. I am really impressed by the great support. I had an issue importing information, and the developer of ATM got back to me very quickly with the help I needed. He’s clearly very responsive to users and cares about providing and continuing to develop a quality product. 5 stars thus far - great support and a developer who is committed to the product and accessible earns top marks in my book!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.