The purpose of AllergySmartz is to help people convey their food allergies and precautions needed for safe food preparation to restaurant staff in foreign countries.
1) NO Internet Access needed for use!!
2) 20 Languages available. (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Hebrew, Korean, Portuguese, Turkish, Bahasa Malay, Filipino, Chinese, Romanian, German, Hindi, Arabic, Russian, Hungarian, Bahasa Indonesian, Vietnamese, and Japanese.)
3) Top 13 Allergens available. (Milk, Egg, Wheat, Soy, Peanuts, Legumes/Pulses, Tree Nuts, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Molluscan Shellfish, Sesame, Mustard, and Corn.)
4) English is not required to use the application. Select any of 16 languages and translate into another of the 20 languages!
5) Additional languages will be added. Expect new updates soon.
Co-Creators: Shirali Nigam and Arul Nigam
Medical Consultant: Dr. Robert Wood, Professor of Allergy & Immunology at Johns Hopkins Medical Institute.
Software Advisor: Mr. Krishna Chaganti, J2EE and App Development Expert.
Software Mentor: Mr. Rajarshi Nigam, Smartphone Developer
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Four New Languages Added: Hebrew, Korean, Portuguese, and Turkish!
New Allergen Added: Corn!
Various bug fixes and UI improvements.
~ The AllergySmartz Team
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic App for Allergy Sufferers
When traveling abroad, it can be intimidating to tell a waiter or waitress about your food allergies. This app allows you to show the waiter or waitress your allergy needs without having to speak. Easy app to navigate with 20 languages! This is a must-have for anyone that has a food allergy.
Adult with Food Allergies - PLEASE ADD COCONUT!
I found this after my first anaphylactic reaction, which was 1 week before leaving for a trip to Italy! THIS APP WAS A LIFE SAVER!! My blood test to determine what had possibly caused my reaction took 5 days to get done and I didn’t get it started in time. (I had no idea it had to be sent out to the University of Michigan & could be done locally in Grand Rapids!) So this app was PERFECT!! I could select my “known” allergens (Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Soy) (Corn I can tolerate, it makes my face itch.)
I WOULD QUICKLY GIVE 5 STARS IF YOU WOULD PLEASE ADD COCONUT TO YOUR LIST OF ALLERGENS!!!!!
I got a call from my doctor in Italy to discuss my blood test. I just kept eating what I was able to tolerate-symptoms wise (i.e. Pistachios didn’t seem to bother me then and I can eat peanuts in small amounts, but not on an empty stomach.). Once I returned home, I went to see my Allergist to go over the blood work. I found out that I was allergic to COCONUT! More so than any of the others!! So I’m hoping you’ll add “coconut” to your list of allergens!! PLEASE!!!!! Then I’ll change to 5 stars!!! Thank you very much for your consideration and for making this extremely helpful app!!!!!
Excellent Idea! I travel often for work and pleasure. This will help keep my baby that is allergic to peanuts safe. Thank you!
The developer, Alok Nigam, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Alok Nigam
- 13.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Arul Nigam and Shirali Nigam