About the Game:
Alleys is an adventure experience in which the player explores a theme park world full of quaint alleys that would fit perfectly in small towns in the English countryside. The gameplay is simple, with fewer of the complicated elements often found in puzzle games. All the player needs to do is to search for passageways, gather resources, and get immersed in the exquisite graphics and noir atmosphere. The player is free to choose where to go and can solve puzzles in any order to escape.
Background Story of Game:
Alleys is a large-scale escape room hosted by a theme park, and the player is a tourist who has decided to take part in the escape experience. The player wanders through a fictional old English-style town, collects resources, solves puzzles, and overcomes obstacles to gradually discover the backstory woven throughout the alleys. In the end, the player finds the exit gate and escapes.
1. Alleys Exploration
The players must find the way through complicated alleys, buildings, and sewers.
2. Check in to Proceed
Accumulate points by activating the check-in stations found in new locations. Certain areas require a specific number of points to enter.
3. Freely Choose Your Route
Alleys is a non-linear adventure puzzle game with no predetermined route. The player is free to explore and can escape the game as long as the conditions required to open the town exit gate are fulfilled.
4. Collect Resources
Player decides how to use the keys and other resources collected in the game. The decisions the player makes will affect the difficulty of the game.
5. Solve Riddle on Tool Cards
Every Tool Card is its own little riddle. Figure out the meaning of the illustration to find out what the card can be used for.
6. Simple Controls
No need for virtual controllers—just swipe and tap to easily move around and interact with items.
We are proud to relaunch the new and improved Alleys. There are many changes added:
- An all new UI
- A brand new thrilling story
- New hidden rooms for players to find
- Addition of an Achievements system
- Major improvements to game performance, far less lag and game crashes
- Refined controls for a more natural feel when moving around
Ratings and Reviews
Two bugs with the current version (as of 3/14)
I like the new additions, however there are two bugs, one which is merely annoying and one which might be game breaking. Don’t know how to contact for bug reports, so....
1. If you’ve gotten achievements already (it auto gives you achievements if you’ve already played and got the update, which was the case for me, haven’t checked if it happens with a fresh install) and you get an achievement with a new run, the achievement notification repeatedly comes up. Only workaround I found is to uninstall and reinstall.
2. In the second staff room, if you open the toolbox, it says you got a tool card, but no card actually appears and the game freezes up. Got around it by rebooting iPad, but no new tool card showed up when I loaded the app back up.
This is shaping up to be one of my favorite games of the year. A large and complex map, easy controls, great attention to detail. Classically rogue like, with the feel of the “Room” games, mixed with Zork. Gameplay relies on cards to take actions as you move through a maze of alleys and rooms and sewers and turrets, along with keys to spend on opening things. The developers clearly have a love for detail, and the graphics were wonderful, a little retro but still very sharp and clear. This game is for people who like to make maps, explore, look for minutia, and take their time solving games. No hurrying here. I saw that other people had some problems, but they must have been fixed, or the problems must have been due to impatience, as it played beautifully for me.
A few comments for the developers:
1. The map provided is pretty useless, as it doesn’t show you where you are. It needs work to be a helpful tool. It might be best to make it a map that adds as you discover things.
2. I wish there was a feature to go back to where you were before you win the game. I won unexpectedly, when there was still a lot for me to do, but apparently I have to start all over, which is a bummer. I mean, I had TONS of stuff left to do. Maybe it shouldn’t be possible to win without achieving every major task? At least let us undo and go back to the game if we win prematurely.
Loved the game. A lot.
One of the best escape adventures
I’m always looking for new escape rooms, but often when they get rough I find myself turning to online walkthroughs to make sure I am getting everything done in the right order for it to work. This takes a lot of the fun out because then you end up just following instructions and checking your work like it’s some kind of assignment instead of a game. This is probably one of the most immersive rooms because you don’t have a specific order you have to do things in. You can enjoy exploring without feeling lost and follow the things that interest you instead of trying to check off a long list. The movement and gameplay is also really pretty and immersive. If it doesn’t click at first just remember there will always be a ought keys and the map is confusing and can be ignored so you can remove those anxieties. Just check things out and the story will follow you really nicely.
- SHANGHAI QIAOBI INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
- 965.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Shih-Chi Shen
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.