“What should I do when my child falls and gets a bump on the head?” “Should I call the doctor if I’ve had a sore throat for three days?” These are questions that all of us have. Health problems, our own and those of people we love, happen any time.– evenings, weekends, when you’re traveling or when your doctor’s office is closed.
The Allied Physicians Group app is designed especially for these challenges and concerns.
The Symptom Care Guides help you make smart decisions on what level of care (if any) is needed and how to provide symptom relief for minor illnesses and injuries you can manage on your own.
AlliedPG is derived from the clinical protocols use by physicians and nurses in 10,000 practices and 400 nurse advice lines in the US and Canada. They have been tested for 15 years on more than 150 million symptom calls.
The 145 Parent Advice Messages deal with the most common behavior and wellness questions parents ask their physicians. Each topic provides a description of the issue, three to five specific recommendations to address the concern, and (often) additional resources which may be useful to your situation.
Symptom Checker Features
• Easy 3-step navigation:
1. Choose the most appropriate symptom care guide
2. Use the symptom decision chart to find the recommended action
3. Follow the self care advice to manage minor illnesses & injuries at home
Each symptom care guide contains:
• Definition which describes the focus of the care guide so you can decide if it’s a good fit for your problem. If not, there are quick links to related care guides.
• Decision Chart which helps determine what action is suggested based on the severity and description of your symptom. Once you have a match, simply follow the corresponding action, such as Call 911, Call Doctor Now, Call Doctor within 24 hours or Manage at Home.
• Immediate Connections to 911, your doctor, your child’s doctor or nearby Emergency Department (ER) are available if you have phone service.
• Home Care Advice is available for any illnesses and injuries that can be managed at home. The instructions provide clear, up-to-date steps for relieving symptoms.
• Medication and Allergy List for tracking important information about your family’s prescriptions and/or over-the-counter medications.
• First Aid topics and illustrations to support immediate action, if needed.
• Dosage tables for common over-the-counter medications.
• Visual images to help you identify symptoms (e.g. rashes), injuries and common causes of bites & stings.
Disclaimer: The information provided with this Application is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment; it is for informational purposes only. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Before using AlliedPG, all users should read and agree with the full Disclaimer available in the application.
*Updated for iPhone X
Ratings and Reviews
Our pediatrician recommends this app and it’s my go to!
Great Mommy Companion !
I was browsing the app store and found this app I thought it was useful so I purchased it little did I know how helpful it would be . The parent advise is awesome allows me to know what to do and what questions to ask my doctor the next visit. My son had an earache at night and I took him to the after hours center which had there number there and it was great! No waiting they were very kind to my son and he felt better the next day. I was so impressed with the app and the docs in their after care center that I looked up a local doc through their app and switched. I couldn't be happier!! Great mommy companion:)
Love this app! Easy to find Tylenol dosages, when to call the pediatrician, and not to call. Great advice for illnesses and behavior problems. Can't wait to use the link into the "patient portal" with my child's medical record and secure email to my pediatrician.
- Allied Pediatrics of New York, P.L.L.C.
- 15.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Self Care Decisions, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.