AllTrails is your guide to the outdoors! Discover the best hiking, running, and biking trails around the world.
Explore 75,000+ hand-curated trail maps plus reviews and photos crowdsourced from millions of hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners. Find that dog-friendly or kid-friendly trail that you’ve been searching for. Take that mountain biking or backpacking trip you’ve always dreamed of. Explore a national park, or discover new hiking trails in your area.
Whether you’re a hiker, biker or trail runner, AllTrails will help you find the way.
EXPLORE 75,000+ HIKING TRAILS AND MOUNTAIN BIKE ROUTES
• Discover new trails in national parks or in your own neighborhood, with hand-curated GPS and topo maps
• Browse photos and reviews from our community of hikers, cyclists and trail runners like you
• Find a hike, mountain bike ride, or trail run that’s perfect for your fitness and experience level. Filter by dog friendly, kid friendly, and wheelchair friendly trails
RECORD YOUR ADVENTURES
• Turn your phone into a GPS activity tracker and follow your trail so you don’t get lost
• View your hiking, running and cycling stats at a glance
• Share your outdoor adventures with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and more
SAVE YOUR FAVORITE TRAILS
• Explore all the trails on your bucket list and add new ones to check out
• Easily save your favorite trails to run, hike or bike
• Follow the hikers, cyclists and runners that inspire you
EASILY GET TO THE TRAIL
• Get detailed GPS driving directions directly to the trailhead
GET MORE WITH ALLTRAILS PRO
• Download offline maps - track your exact GPS location as you navigate the trail, even when you don’t have a signal
• Never miss a turn with off-route notifications
• Stay safe with Lifeline - assign safety contacts who know your plan and can track your progress
• Know what to expect with real-time map overlays including air quality, satellite weather, pollen, and light pollution
• Always have a backup - design and print stunning custom topo maps
• Experience AllTrails ad-free - remove the distraction of ads and focus on the journey
• 1% for the Planet - feel good knowing that part of your subscription will be going directly to helping the environment
AllTrails Pro is available as an annual subscription for $29.99/year, or you can get three years for the price of two when you buy our 3 Year Plan via a one-time payment of $59.99. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your annual subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period (the 3 Year Plan does not auto-renew). Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
Sign up required to favorite trails, record your activity, or follow users
We love hearing from users! Email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This update has a few bug fixes:
• Fixed an issue where you could sometimes get a “This trail is no longer available” message when trying to see the map of a trail
• Fixed an issue where photos and waypoints were sometimes disappearing when saving a new recording
• Fixed an issue where trail reviews could not be viewed in their original language
• Fixed an issue where the elevation graph for a map might show segments out of order
• Optimizations to shorten the app’s startup time in some cases
v10.1 - this version of AllTrails has a ton of great new features:
• Get notified when you wander off your planned route. Just load a map into Recorder and start recording - your phone will buzz you if you take a wrong turn (Pro feature)
• New pollen & light pollution overlays - see if you need to bring your allergy medication and find the best places to see the stars at night (Pro feature)
• All AllTrails users can now save, create, and share maps - you can also now see your friends’ maps, copy them, and load them into Recorder
• All AllTrails users can now view all of our premium Map Layers including Topo, Open Cycle Maps, and more
• Added sorting for reviews, photos and recordings on all Trail Details pages
• You can now search for trails near you and ones you’ve added to lists, favorites, or completed directly in Spotlight Search - even when your phone is offline
We also fixed a few small bugs:
• If you connect your AllTrails App to Apple Health, data from your recordings should now feed into the “Activity” app as well as the “Health” app
• Changing your email in the Profile section now works better and gives clearer error messages
• You can add waypoints and photos again when Recorder is paused
As always, if you have questions or feedback, please contact us at email@example.com. We’re here to help!
Ratings and Reviews
How to Make It Better
I have used AllTrails for over 2 years now. The software is easy to use. It includes almost all trials for all the places I went. My biggest issues with it are:
1. Lost GPS signal. I experienced this problem many times when I needed it most. In my recent trip to Emigrant Wilderness, it happened two days in a row. On June 30, I was lost near a lake and I desperately need to get back the trail near Maxwells Lake. But I could not find the blue dot that marked my position. The blue dot showed up only when after I travelled about 2 more miles. Then AllTrails simply connected my route using a straight line from the last place it knows to my current position! AllTrails software stopped updated my route the very next day when I was hiking from Cow Meadows to Crabtree TH. The problem started after I hiked 8.6 Miles from Cow Meadows. It simply frozen. Even after I stopped recording and started it again. It lasted over one hour.
2. Sometimes, AllTrails just won’t record. On July 14, I was hiking in Tilden Park. It isn’t a remote place like Emigrant Wilderness. I tried many times to record my route with no success until I got near the Vollmer Peak which is 3 miles away from where I started.
I will appreciate it if you can fix the problems. Otherwise, I will not renew my Pro subscription because it is not reliable. I have to find some things that I can depend on.
Never Ending Trails
I love it! I’ve moved to a new town about a year ago and I’ve only ever known my town hiking spots. So to move somewhere new and not know anywhere to go was frustrating! I love bringing my dogs hiking and even better to find spots they can swim or frolick in the water. BUT once I go somewhere I feel accomplished and ready for the next. So to find so many varieties and close by places to hike is amazing! Whatever town I’m in I just look up what’s around. Whenever I’d Google placed to go there was NOTHING. Or very short and disappointing places. This app is great because it will give you direction right in the app instead of trying to Google Maps it yourself. You can map your rout and GPS where you are to ensure you stay on track and don’t get lost. I’m so much more comfortable going alone when I can see where each path leads and about how long it should take me. People also are great at providing pictures and comments of the trails so it is so easy to find. My biggest annoyance is not being able to find the place to begin with! GPS is all good and dandy but sometimes it will just bring you to the location but the location isn’t clarified. So by people uploading their photos let’s you get a visual of what you’re looking for. Overall, the best app!
Few issues lately. Oct 2018
Removing the check-in was a bad idea. Hiding it in the “...” was worse, didn’t know it was there and my history is now not accurate, and now I have to make up a name for each recording on the fly. Waste of time. Please put check-in back where it belongs, it’s a critical feature, and right map loads with the name of the trail on the saved history.
I also agree with the other user about trail hopping. In New England many trails connect but are listed separately. If you are no longer on the same one you started it appears you are just going rogue on the map. How about auto loading the newly entered trail?
Also being able to edit history would be helpful. There’s been a couple times where I started driving home and forgot to hit pause and save. And why the “pause” button when the trail is complete? It’s a weird way to “finish” or “end hike”.
Big issue with crashing during use lately. Thought I was recording and it had crashed once phone was put away. If I didn’t stop to take a pic early i would have gone pretty far without noticing. Stinks for tracking distance 😐. Overall I do love and use and recommend this app almost daily to find trails and track my history. Can’t live without it but its been acting weird lately.
- AllTrails, Inc.
- 192.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- ©2019 AllTrails, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- AllTrails Pro $29.99
- AllTrails Pro $29.99
- AllTrails Pro $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.