AllTrails is your guide to the outdoors! Discover the best hiking, running, and biking trails around the world.
Explore 100,000+ hand-curated trail maps plus reviews and photos crowdsourced from millions of hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners. Find that dog-friendly or kid-friendly trail that you’ve been searching for. Take that mountain biking or backpacking trip you’ve always dreamed of. Explore a national park, or discover new hiking trails in your area.
Whether you’re a hiker, biker or trail runner, AllTrails will help you find the way.
EXPLORE 100,000+ HIKING TRAILS AND MOUNTAIN BIKE ROUTES
• Discover new trails in national parks or in your own neighborhood, with hand-curated GPS and topo maps
• Browse photos and reviews from our community of hikers, cyclists and trail runners like you
• Find a hike, mountain bike ride, or trail run that’s perfect for your fitness and experience level. Filter by dog friendly, kid friendly, and wheelchair friendly trails
RECORD YOUR ADVENTURES
• Turn your phone into a GPS activity tracker and follow your trail so you don’t get lost
• View your hiking, running and cycling stats at a glance
• Share your outdoor adventures with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and more
SAVE YOUR FAVORITE TRAILS
• Explore all the trails on your bucket list and add new ones to check out
• Easily save your favorite trails to run, hike or bike
• Follow the hikers, cyclists and runners that inspire you
EASILY GET TO THE TRAIL
• Get detailed GPS driving directions directly to the trailhead
GET MORE WITH ALLTRAILS PRO
• Download offline maps - track your exact GPS location as you navigate the trail, even when you don’t have a signal
• Never miss a turn with off-route notifications
• Stay safe with Lifeline - assign safety contacts who know your plan and can track your progress
• Know what to expect with real-time map overlays including air quality, satellite weather, pollen, and light pollution
• Always have a backup - design and print stunning custom topo maps
• Experience AllTrails ad-free - remove the distraction of ads and focus on the journey
• 1% for the Planet - feel good knowing that part of your subscription will be going directly to helping the environment
AllTrails Pro is available as an annual subscription for $29.99/year, or you can get three years for the price of two when you buy our 3 Year Plan via a one-time payment of $59.99. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your annual subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period (the 3 Year Plan does not auto-renew). Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
Sign up required to favorite trails, record your activity, or follow users
AllTrails allows you to automatically export information about your recordings to the Apple Health app.
We love hearing from users! Email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This release contains fixes for iOS 14.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
All Trails is the best for anyone that loves to hike!
All Trails is such a great resource for anyone who loves to hike! I use the app for all my hiking! I love the record feature that allows me to track my progress on any hike, and I love even more that I can put my phone on airplane mode so that I’m not using data while on my hike and still use the record feature! I always check out the All Trails reviews from other hikers before heading out, and usually find that other hikers have great insight/feedback about trail conditions. The only feature I don’t love about All Trails is the rating technique that is used for hiking trails. Trails are rated as either easy/moderate/hard and I have found through my experience that trails aren’t very consistently rated. I’ve hiked some trails that were rated as hard and the hike felt easy. I’ve hiked some rated as moderate and the hike felt hard. I understand that rating trails is a challenging component of hiking due to different levels of experience and fitness, however I would love to see an option where hikers who have completed the hike are able to submit their feedback on how challenging the hike was from 1-10. I think, overall, a 1-10 scale for how challenging a hike is would be extremely beneficial. Overall, I absolutely love All Trails and use the app daily! I recommend it to anyone and fully support what they are doing! Keep up the great work, All Trails!
Few issues lately. Oct 2018
Removing the check-in was a bad idea. Hiding it in the “...” was worse, didn’t know it was there and my history is now not accurate, and now I have to make up a name for each recording on the fly. Waste of time. Please put check-in back where it belongs, it’s a critical feature, and right map loads with the name of the trail on the saved history.
I also agree with the other user about trail hopping. In New England many trails connect but are listed separately. If you are no longer on the same one you started it appears you are just going rogue on the map. How about auto loading the newly entered trail?
Also being able to edit history would be helpful. There’s been a couple times where I started driving home and forgot to hit pause and save. And why the “pause” button when the trail is complete? It’s a weird way to “finish” or “end hike”.
Big issue with crashing during use lately. Thought I was recording and it had crashed once phone was put away. If I didn’t stop to take a pic early i would have gone pretty far without noticing. Stinks for tracking distance 😐. Overall I do love and use and recommend this app almost daily to find trails and track my history. Can’t live without it but its been acting weird lately.
Great app with one major flaw
I’ve been using AllTrails for a couple months now and I love it. It is a 5 star app by far, yet that is not my rating for it. There are a few quirks I have with the UI, but they are not worth mentioning as they are minor and do not effect the app use whatsoever.
My only real issue, which caused my 4 star rating (which killed me to do so), is the fact that you CANNOT LAUNCH THE APP WITHOUT A CELLULAR OR WIFI CONNECTION!! It is ridiculous, plain and simple. I am a Pro subscriber to AllTrails. I did this solely so I could download trail maps prior to going in case I lost service on the trail. That feature works beautifully. But let’s say you download your map, head out to your trail, arrive and go to open app to use the map that is already saved on your phone. Guess what?? Unless you have service, you can’t open the app! So it’s essentially useless. The last thing I want to do is have to add “open AllTrails prior to leaving home” to my to do list to get ready.
AllTrails, lets be real for a minute. Hiking, biking, exploring, etc. are all off the grid things! Chances are you won’t have service if you are in a remote location. Fix this issue!! Make an offline version of your app so that paid users who have already downloaded maps can actually use them!
With that said, this is an amazing app that is worthy of 5 stars. It is just failing miserably in one particular area that is critical to its use.
Developer Response ,
Hi there - we're sorry to hear you are having trouble launching the app in low-signal areas. We'd recommend setting your phone to airplane mode to help get the app launched. One you open the app, you can access downloaded maps by tapping Plan then Maps. If you are still running into issues, please reach out to us at email@example.com so that we can help troubleshoot!
- AllTrails, Inc.
- 192.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.3 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- ©2020 AllTrails, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- AllTrails Pro $29.99
- AllTrails Pro $29.99
- AllTrails Pro $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.