Ally Mobile puts everyday banking tasks at your fingertips. It’s fast, secure, and free. All you need is your online banking username and password. You can also access your account quickly using your fingerprint or unique passcode.
• Deposit checks with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
• Transfer money between your Ally Bank accounts and accounts at other banks
• Pay bills, see scheduled payments and review payment history
• Check balances and search transaction history
• View statements and tax forms
• Use Zelle® to pay almost anyone with a bank account in the U.S.
• Find nearby ATMs
• Set up and manage your Ally Bank debit card preferences and control when, where and how your card is used with Card Controls
• Use Ally Assist℠ to get answers to questions you have about your accounts, schedule transfers or payments, and more
• Trade stocks and multi-leg options from your mobile device
• Use advanced charting tools for technical analysis
• Monitor your investments with streaming quotes
• Access today’s market news and market movers
• Check balances and search transaction history
How we protect you
• We never store personal or account information on your phone
• All transactions are encrypted with the same secure technology as online banking
• The login process is the same as online banking, with security codes as an added layer of protection when you log in from a computer or device we don’t recognize
• Our Online & Mobile Security Guarantee protects you against fraudulent transactions
• Ally Mobile is free – your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply
• Compatible with iOS 9.0 or higher
• Deposit Products offered by Ally Bank, Member FDIC
• Securities offered through Ally Invest Securities LLC, member FINRA/SIPC
• Securities are NOT FDIC INSURED, NOT BANK GUARANTEED, and MAY LOSE VALUE
• You may not be approved for real-time quotes
• Zapped some bugs to improve the app for you
Ratings and Reviews
Best Bank thus far
I’ve been with Ally for several years now. I have a checking and savings account with them. Even when I couldn’t find a bank to finance my car loan, Ally was the only one to trust me with a car loan. I paid off that car with no issues from Ally. I would recommend Ally to everyone that I know.
I realized recently how great they are. I had not used my account for over a year, probably a year and a half. So, when I called them the other day, to my surprise, my account was still open and ready to use! Amazing!!! And their live customer support is the best!
I’m seeing negative comments here, but why would you use a bank for stock investments? Maybe if you are having issues with Ally’s investment program, try using companies that focus just on that, and come back to Ally once they have mastered that option. It seems that their stock investment program may need some updating, but don’t write them off just because you’ve had issues. Ally is still a great bank option.
Works Well — Functional and Easy
I don’t see why people make complaints — I’ve used the bank for years (and frankly, this isn’t the place to be reviewing the bank itself; these reviews are supposed to be for the app) and it’s been nothing but good experiences all around.
For those who are complaining that it’s not a good trading app, that’s your problem... it’s a banking app and isn’t touted solely as a trading app. As far as a bank app goes, it’s functional, easy to access statements and information regarding your account, and the features a normal banking customer would utilize are perfectly fine. I’ve never had an issue and I’ve been using the app for basically as long as it’s been around.
I also use other banking apps that are much less functional and useful and frankly frustrating — such as Fidelity, which IS meant to allow trading, and falls short of what it is apparently intended to do — and various others whose features are faulty at times, request you to phone the institution for certain functions, etc.
Thus far, Ally’s functionality and accessibility far outrank any other financial institution’s app that I have used to date.
1-star trading app
When I began using Ally in Sep last year, I thought it was a good app. The main reason I choose Ally invest is its low commissions (4.95/trade), but then I found this is not the case. Webull, Robinhood, first trade are all commission free. Ally charges 1 cent per share for stock valued under $2, that makes many retailer investors crazy. Besides, the app provides only line chart, no candle chart, no analyst ratings, no company specific news, which is very unfriendly for those who want to do analysis, and sometimes it’ll crash when I’m using it. It does not offer extended hours trading, this is terrible. When I decided to transfer my account to another broker, it charges me a lot of money, they say it’s promotion reversal because I transferred within 300 days after bonus & commission credit were applied, but I don’t think I should be charged so much and did not find any related info. on their website. I also have the response because I did not do enough DD on these brokers. I’m trying to give a zero star rate but 1 star is the lowest one. I’m not saying Ally has no advantage or Ally is not a good company, but It does really bad on its app and fee charging policies. Anyway, I’m out, that’s great.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.