Ally Mobile puts everyday banking tasks at your fingertips. It’s fast, secure, and free. All you need is your online banking username and password. You can also access your account quickly using your fingerprint or unique passcode.
• Deposit checks with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
• Transfer money between your Ally Bank accounts and accounts at other banks
• Pay bills, see scheduled payments and review payment history
• Check balances and search transaction history
• View statements and tax forms
• Use Zelle® to pay almost anyone with a bank account in the U.S.
• Find nearby ATMs
• Set up and manage your Ally Bank debit card preferences and control when, where and how your card is used with Card Controls
• Use Ally Assist℠ to get answers to questions you have about your accounts, schedule transfers or payments, and more
• Trade stocks and multi-leg options from your mobile device
• Use advanced charting tools for technical analysis
• Monitor your investments with streaming quotes
• Access today’s market news and market movers
• Check balances and search transaction history
How we protect you
• We never store personal or account information on your phone
• All transactions are encrypted with the same secure technology as online banking
• The login process is the same as online banking, with security codes as an added layer of protection when you log in from a computer or device we don’t recognize
• Our Online & Mobile Security Guarantee protects you against fraudulent transactions
• Ally Mobile is free – your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply
• Compatible with iOS 10.0 or higher
• Deposit Products offered by Ally Bank, Member FDIC
• Securities offered through Ally Invest Securities LLC, member FINRA/SIPC
• Securities are NOT FDIC INSURED, NOT BANK GUARANTEED, and MAY LOSE VALUE
• You may not be approved for real-time quotes
• It’s now easier to search for ETFs by popular, predefined filters to find the ETF that’s right for you
• Zapped a few bugs
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best Bank thus far
I’ve been with Ally for several years now. I have a checking and savings account with them. Even when I couldn’t find a bank to finance my car loan, Ally was the only one to trust me with a car loan. I paid off that car with no issues from Ally. I would recommend Ally to everyone that I know.
I realized recently how great they are. I had not used my account for over a year, probably a year and a half. So, when I called them the other day, to my surprise, my account was still open and ready to use! Amazing!!! And their live customer support is the best!
I’m seeing negative comments here, but why would you use a bank for stock investments? Maybe if you are having issues with Ally’s investment program, try using companies that focus just on that, and come back to Ally once they have mastered that option. It seems that their stock investment program may need some updating, but don’t write them off just because you’ve had issues. Ally is still a great bank option.
The Ally app has 100% full online banking features on Mobile!
Most mobile banking apps have limited services available that are limited to traditional “online banking” access that require logging in from a PC/Laptop but not Ally’s Mobile App! This app has all features you would need for your banking needs such as order checks, card controls, bill pay, Zelle, Mobile check deposit, transfer money internally & externally to your linked accounts, add memos to transactions, chat real time with a banking associate and even open new accounts! I love Ally for their customer service, user friendly services and their great products! Also I can not forget to add that their app is reliable, dependable and consistent- it never goes down or has glitches like other banking apps I’ve used in the past.
Update Required pop ups affect app usability
The Ally app is in the top 25% of financial related apps I’ve used. Over the years, it has gotten consistently better, particularly since they moved ATM finder back into the app (instead of requiring a separate download). I do have a few complaints, though.
I work for a communications company that has an app in the App Store. Sometimes, due to non backwards-compatible API changes, we need to force users to update to the latest version of the app in the App Store. But, we generally do this sparingly, with great regard for the annoyance it causes users. And when possible, we support the past few versions of our app instead of only the latest release.
Ally has released 5 updates in the past few weeks (good!) but forces only the absolute latest version on users (bad!) if you open a version that was released only a day ago, you can’t use the app until you go to the App Store and update.
On top of that, it seems like Ally Bank is using the Staged 7-day releases feature of App Store Connect, which doesn’t auto-update the app for the majority of users until a week after the update goes live in the App Store. The end result is a massive pain as the daily use case/experience. It would be great if the “update required” feature could be used more sparingly (maybe support the last 2-3 versions instead of just the latest?) but if that’s not an option, consider turning off the Staged Rollout feature.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.