Never miss an incredible-looking sunrise or sunset again.
We've all caught the last glimmer of a beautiful Sunrise or Sunset, missing out on a spectacular photo opportunity. Alpenglow tries to make that a thing of the past with both reminder notifications and Sunrise/Sunset quality forecasts.
• Sunrise, Sunset, Golden Hour, and Blue Hour Times.
• Sunrise and Sunset Quality Forecasts. Available up to 4 days into the future with - Alpenglow Plus or Pro.
• Sunrise and Sunset Reminder Alarms.
• Adjust when Alpenglow delivers your Reminder Notification.
• Custom Location Selection to help plan your next photography trip.
• Quickly switch dates using the arrows or the Date Picker.
• Submit Field Reports; reports will be used to improve Sunrise & Sunset Color Forecasts.
• Sun Direction Map, see where the sun will rise and set for any location.
• Sunrise, Sunset, and Magic Hour Times Home Screen Widget.
• Sunrise & Sunset Forecast Widget for Alpenglow Pro Users.
• Share Quality Forecasts with Friends & Family.
• Support for Light & Dark Mode.
• Dynamic Type support throughout.
• Also available on your Apple Watch, including Complications for your favorite Watch Face.
Alpenglow will always be free to use, with the ability to unlock additional features with Alpenglow Plus and Alpenglow Pro.
By supporting the development by sending a tip, you'll unlock Alpenglow Plus, gaining access to the additional features...
• See Quality Forecasts further into the future. You'll have access to forecasts for up to 4 days into the future.
• Alpenglow will use a more accurate location to retrieve forecasts, all while keeping your position on your device and never stored online.
• The elevation for your location will be retrieved to calculate more accurate Sunrise, Sunset, and Magic Hour times.
• Select from your recently searched locations, allowing you to quickly check the forecast/times at your favorite spots.
• Adjust Alpenglow's Color Scheme by adjusting the Primary Color.
• Customize the Alpenglow App Icon with Alternative Icons.
Alpenglow Pro unlocks everything from Alpenglow Plus, along with extra features that incur ongoing server costs and additional resources to maintain.
• Forecast Notifications when a Sunrise/Sunset is forecasted to be above your defined threshold.
• Forecast Home Screen Widgets, keep an eye on Sunrise/Sunset forecast(s) right from your home screen.
• Outlook Home Screen Widget, showing you the Forecast up to 4 days into the future.
• Forecast Apple Watch Complications.
• Outlook Complication for the Infograph Modular, Modular Compact Watch Faces.
Share your feedback via the Feedback option in the app or via social media...
I'd love to see your Sunrise and Sunset shots on Instagram, just tag #alpenglowapp.
Sunrise & Sunset quality forecasts are provided by SunsetWX.com.
Alpenglow Pro Subscriptions automatically renew at the end of each period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged within 24 hours before the end of the current period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user, and auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your iTunes & App Store Account Settings after purchase.
- Added ability to copy a debug code for easier diagnosis of subscription issues.
- When adjusting Forecast Notification Settings, Alpenglow will now reschedule upcoming notifications so they reflect the newest settings.
- Added new Alternative App Icon.
- Should fix issue with Outlook displaying overlapped on the left side of the screen.
- Adjusted Interface, making the date picker the main way to navigate between dates. You can also swipe left/right to adjust the date quickly.
- Alpenglow Pro users can now set up custom locations. You can use these to quickly switch locations and even enable Forecast Notifications to be alerted to a great sunrise/sunset forecast.
- New map allow you to see the suns direction for any date/time and location.
- Added First & Last light to the time screen.
- Support for new Widget sizes, including the new iPad Extra Large Widget.
- Forecast Widget will now adjust color based on the current forecast.
- Support for Widget suggestions, if you check the Sunrise/Sunset Forecast or Outlook screen periodically iOS may now suggest Alpenglow's Widgets.
- You can now email Field Report Reminders so you can submit field reports more frequently and help make Alpenglow better. More news on that coming soon!
- Opening shared forecasts will now show you the shared forecast within the app, previously links would only open the forecast within the App Clip.
- New ways to Share forecasts including the ability to generate an image to paste into Instagram Stories or include on TikTok.
Ratings and Reviews
Polish and Product Pride
Long time photographer, and when I’m feeling lazy and don’t want to check more data and detailed forecasts, this is great. Bought lifetime to support and also just because yay, no subscription! Price may be steep to some for lifetime, but hey, the days of one-time purchases are gone, so the developer even giving us an option is great. Subscription prices are definitely reasonable, too.
One thing I’d ask for is (contradicting my own review) for a bit more data. I can hop into one of my many weather apps and see exactly why a sunrise/sunset is going to be good/bad, but sometimes, it’d be nice to get the breakdown of info in the app.
Next, a page layout for locations. Obviously, conditions don’t vary much over the course of a couple miles, but as someone who regularly makes trips halfway across Texas (which is many hundreds of miles), conditions vary greatly, and it’d be great to just swipe between pages for each location. For example Houston, Austin, and Dallas… Really no complaints about the app, especially considering this is made by one person. Polish you rarely see nowadays. Much love and respect from a fellow nerd. 🙏
Lastly, I’d love a combo large widget, with times AND quality forecasts on it. We have a large times widget, but I’d love to see a large one that combines quality forecasts and times. Would be so nice, so useful, and undoubtedly beautifully designed. Please! :)
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the review and the feedback. I’m working on the next big update so can hopefully make a bunch of that possible. 😁
One of my all time favorite things to do is watch the sunset. I live a 1/2 block from the beach so it equals a nice walk in the evenings. When it comes to sunrise, I’m just not a morning person. I enjoy this app because it helps me to know if it’s worth getting up for in the morning. The new design is really pretty. I love how it breaks every part of the sunrises and sunsets down. You can’t get better than this app. Highly recommend!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the review, glad you're liking the new design. :)
Great app for photography
I’m a photographer and when I’m planning where I’m going to shoot this app is imperative. Being able to gauge sunrise and sunset quality before I decide on a location is critical if I only have a few days at a location. I couldn’t recommend this app more highly.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Andrew Yates
- 34.4 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 14.0 or later.
English, Asturian, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Andrew Yates
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Monthly $1.49
- Pro Yearly $12.49
- Sweet-Sized Tip $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.