The ALS Mobile Analyzer app, currently in its first stages, actively studies several functional aspects of the disease. We aim at providing an objective scale of disease progression through immediate, frequent, and accurate measurements. ALS Mobile Analyzer will replace the ALS Functional Rating Scale – Revised (ALSFRS-R) - a subjective questionnaire that is currently in use today in clinical settings to assess ALS disease progression.
The data collected through this app will help the users of the app to get immediate attention from their clinicians. It will also advance ALS research, improve clinical trials, and ultimately shorten the path to finding a cure for the disease. All information collected by the app is kept completely confidential.
We invite people worldwide with ALS to use the app as often as possible from the comfort of their own home. Log in to the app regularly, at least once a week, preferably at the same time of day, and complete the questionnaire and the tasks as accurately as possible. Only YOU can help improve the app and accelerate the timeline until its final launch. Other people not affected with ALS can also use the app as healthy controls in order to provide a "healthy" baseline.
The ALS Mobile Analyzer app comprises several sections:
1. The ALSFRS-R questionnaire that you may already be familiar with. You are welcome to include free-text comments within this section when you fill out your questionnaire.
2. Additional activities that use your device's capabilities and sensors to assess various motor capacities. Please complete these tasks also as it will help us establish an objective scale.
The ALS Mobile Analyzer app is now downloadable for early testers only, so we would like to emphasize the following points:
1. Let us know if have any comments or questions regarding usability of the app. You can do so by writing to: ALSFRS_app@prize4life.org
2. Complete the questionnaire and the tasks as accurately as possible. This will help us create an end product that can serve ALS patients around the world as quickly and accurately as possible.
The ALS Mobile Analyzer app is a Prize4Life initiative brought to life by the volunteers from HPE Software and SAP Labs Israel, who have devoted programming efforts, time, and good will to make this happen.
Prize4Life is a non-profit organization, founded and managed by ALS patients for future ALS patients.
Prize4Life’s mission is to accelerate the discovery of treatments and a cure for ALS by using powerful incentives to attract new people and drive innovation.
More information at http://www.prize4life.org.il
- Shay Rishoni
- 42.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 Prize4Life
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.