What happens when everyone is stuck in the same time loop, without knowing?
Alt-Frequencies is an audio mystery game where you use the airwaves to open the world’s eyes to the truth. Record, rewind time and broadcast snippets of radio shows to expose radio hosts, conspiracy theorists, politicians, underground activists - and a dog.
By redistributing information, you change what happens in the next 3 minute time loop and impact both news cycles and the lives of the people behind them.
Listen as their personal stories evolve, in a world that seems to stand still.
- A new kind of narrative game that blurs the lines between the fantastical and the everyday while examining our relationship with mainstream media through the prism of radio stations.
- Built-in accessibility features that make the game available to a wide range of people - including blind and visually impaired players.
- Brought to life by a diverse cast of 20+ amazing voice performers, including TV, podcasts and YouTube personalities such as Jasika Nicole (Fringe, Welcome to Night Vale).
- By the studio behind the critically acclaimed A Normal Lost Phone and Another Lost Phone: Laura’s Story.
A co-production from ARTE, the European cultural network, with Accidental Queens.
- Fixed some typos and localization errors.
- Improved the screen reader integration with VoiceOver: cues are now properly read when selecting an element, screen reader mode is now reliably enabled when VoiceOver is detected.
- Fixed some of the menu elements that weren't working properly when screen reader mode was enabled.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Exciting, but incomplete
I’ve changed my rating from starting this game. I initially gave Alt-Frequencies 5 stars for the interactivity, accessibility, and intrigue of the storyline, but it’s lost one star now that I’ve completed the game and seen all the chapters as well as the Easter eggs, because there are so many loose ends. I think a lot of us listener-players expected the chance to have multiple endings, but especially to learn what happens to all of the characters before the credits roll. I think it’s a great game but it didn’t quite live up to its potential. I can imagine that something as interactive as this (plus one that’s been fully localized into several languages) would be complicated and difficult to design or produce... I think it’s worth the money. I also think an epilogue would be nice related to the final choice in the game. Accidental Queens, si vous lisez tout ça, pourriez-vous nous dire ce qui se passera à nos personnages préférés ? Je vous remerciera beaucoup...
This game is built on an amazing concept, it reminds me a little bit of Oxenfree. The problem is that the game is so short. I feel like there could have been a lot of world building and character development, it even feels like there was some stuff set in place that just never got finished as story lines before the game was released. I thought with a time loop mechanic there would be multiple endings, but there isn’t much replayability to the game. It’s worth the five bucks, but if you’re looking for a game to sink some time into, this ain’t it.
The concept is lovely and the gameplay was so unique! I appreciate the fast forward option and also the little bits of flavor text hidden in different places. The game is quite short, but it makes up for it with its replay-ability (pun intended).
I hope we get some sort of longer version or a sequel someday because I felt myself get quite attached to a few of the characters. I wished I could help them more with their lives.
Original gameplay, interesting story and likable cast. Pulled at my heartstrings at the end.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Plug In Digital
- 529.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- 2019 © Accidental Queens & ARTE France - All rights reserved
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.