What happens when everyone is stuck in the same time loop, without knowing?
Alt-Frequencies is an audio mystery game where you use the airwaves to open the world’s eyes to the truth. Record, rewind time and broadcast snippets of radio shows to expose radio hosts, conspiracy theorists, politicians, underground activists - and a dog.
By redistributing information, you change what happens in the next 3 minute time loop and impact both news cycles and the lives of the people behind them.
Listen as their personal stories evolve, in a world that seems to stand still.
- A new kind of narrative game that blurs the lines between the fantastical and the everyday while examining our relationship with mainstream media through the prism of radio stations.
- Built-in accessibility features that make the game available to a wide range of people - including blind and visually impaired players.
- Brought to life by a diverse cast of 20+ amazing voice performers, including TV, podcasts and YouTube personalities such as Jasika Nicole (Fringe, Welcome to Night Vale).
- By the studio behind the critically acclaimed A Normal Lost Phone and Another Lost Phone: Laura’s Story.
A co-production from ARTE, the European cultural network, with Accidental Queens.
- Fixed some typos and localization errors.
- Improved the screen reader integration with VoiceOver: cues are now properly read when selecting an element, screen reader mode is now reliably enabled when VoiceOver is detected.
- Fixed some of the menu elements that weren't working properly when screen reader mode was enabled.
Ratings and Reviews
This game is built on an amazing concept, it reminds me a little bit of Oxenfree. The problem is that the game is so short. I feel like there could have been a lot of world building and character development, it even feels like there was some stuff set in place that just never got finished as story lines before the game was released. I thought with a time loop mechanic there would be multiple endings, but there isn’t much replayability to the game. It’s worth the five bucks, but if you’re looking for a game to sink some time into, this ain’t it.
I'm really very analytical, and I understand the message that this game is trying to convey to people.
Many people consider us Conspiracy theorists but there are really things in reality that have no explanation.
I love knowing that this game is strongly connected to reality, a reality we live in where the government is able to silence people who try to expose the truth.
I love the ending where you decide whether to free yourself, or be a prisoner.
Really great job and good job by the developer trying to spread this message to people too bad not everyone can understand it.
The concept is lovely and the gameplay was so unique! I appreciate the fast forward option and also the little bits of flavor text hidden in different places. The game is quite short, but it makes up for it with its replay-ability (pun intended).
I hope we get some sort of longer version or a sequel someday because I felt myself get quite attached to a few of the characters. I wished I could help them more with their lives.
Original gameplay, interesting story and likable cast. Pulled at my heartstrings at the end.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Plug In Digital
- 529.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- 2019 © Accidental Queens & ARTE France - All rights reserved
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.