What happens when everyone is stuck in the same time loop, without knowing?
Alt-Frequencies is an audio mystery game where you use the airwaves to open the world’s eyes to the truth. Record, rewind time and broadcast snippets of radio shows to expose radio hosts, conspiracy theorists, politicians, underground activists - and a dog.
By redistributing information, you change what happens in the next 3 minute time loop and impact both news cycles and the lives of the people behind them.
Listen as their personal stories evolve, in a world that seems to stand still.
- A new kind of narrative game that blurs the lines between the fantastical and the everyday while examining our relationship with mainstream media through the prism of radio stations.
- Built-in accessibility features that make the game available to a wide range of people - including blind and visually impaired players.
- Brought to life by a diverse cast of 20+ amazing voice performers, including TV, podcasts and YouTube personalities such as Jasika Nicole (Fringe, Welcome to Night Vale).
- By the studio behind the critically acclaimed A Normal Lost Phone and Another Lost Phone: Laura’s Story.
A co-production from ARTE, the European cultural network, with Accidental Queens.
- Fixed some typos and localization errors.
- Improved the screen reader integration with VoiceOver: cues are now properly read when selecting an element, screen reader mode is now reliably enabled when VoiceOver is detected.
- Fixed some of the menu elements that weren't working properly when screen reader mode was enabled.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been anticipating this game for awhile now, so it’s a bit disappointing that it feels more like a proof of concept than a fully fleshed-out story.
Took about 2-3 hours for me, which is... fine. But even after redoing a pivotal decision in the middle and trying several different recordings to change it without success, the ending was abrupt with unresolved plot points.
I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be like this, but there is zero audio coming from this game. I’ve tried messing with all the audio settings. No other app is giving me this issue. It’s not too big of a deal, but it seems odd.
Developer Response ,
Hi, this is definitely a big deal! Could you e-mail us more info about your issue (device model, iOS version, how it occurs, etc.) to email@example.com so we can try to investigate the issue? Thank you for your report.
Thoroughly loving this game! I still have some nooks and crannies to figure out, and I’m pretty sure I haven’t completely scratched the surface. The accessibility in this game is beautifully implemented, and I could interact with every part of it. This is one of the best audio games I have seen in a while.
- Plug In Digital
- 529.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- 2019 © Accidental Queens & ARTE France - All rights reserved
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.